• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Planning on resetting for town layout/faces?

If we can't customize our faces at the beginning, I'm sure we'll be able to unlock changes at Shampoodles later. So I'm good with starting with whatever face I get. I also won't restart for map layouts. I like to stick with whatever I get the first time and play that for a while, I'll probably reset my town down the road if it starts to feel stale. But I'm one of those people who doesn't like to reset, I always feel bad for my villagers haha.

Looking at all the game spinoffs they made after new leaf, I'll bet that they'll give us a clear view of faces, and let us declare the town fruit beforehand. Finger crossed, as I really want them to do this. >.<

Whether they let us control the default layout more... That I wonder about the most, but I really hope I won't have to reset for it at all. I wish to go through the introduction once, and never have to reset afterwards.

Last edited:
I don't think they will let us choose our fruit but I'm wondering if there might be some kind of series of questions that at least steer the randomisation towards something we would like!

Out of curiosity, why do you think they won't let you chose the town fruit this time? Given customization-oriented the last spinoffs have teased, I would think that this is important to give as a choice.

Last edited:
I think that's something that's always been touted as being random is all. A feature that your friends' towns will likely have a different fruit to you. That's all. I think it's something small and insignificant which makes it one of the things I still think will be random.

Like others have said, I expect that we'll have full control over character customization this time around. But if not, I probably will try to get a particular face. I don't like some of the eyes and wouldn't want to deal with them for hundreds of hours. I'm not going to bother about map layout, though! I want to plan as little as possible before AC Switch comes out, so I can just enjoy the game naturally.

I like a specifc character face and I have reset for a map I can see myself working with. I?m not going to reset more than a few times though, especially with a game that?s brand new and I?ve been waiting for for years.

My second town that I?ll eventually get I?ll probably reset a few times after I?ve played the game a while and have a better understanding of what I?m looking for .

I will probably reset just for a layout, and even then not that much. I just wanna play the game already! Lol

I'll probably reset for a decent lay-out (if it's the case that we can't really do anything about it like in new leaf). I won't reset for DAYS like in New Leaf, just because I will be too excited to play.

i agree if there isn't easy face customization from the beginning that'll be ridiculous and bad. there's no excuse for not letting you pick your skin color at the beginning and if that's an option than other facial options have to be easily available. rover can't just ask what color is your skin.

resetting for maps i will try not to do. fruits i do not mind. villagers... i hope not. i can be upset with certain villagers, but unless i get like some of my least favorite ever i don't think i will reset. i want to try not to. having a natural growth from day one no resets would be awesome...

Absolutely nottttt. I went through that in New Leaf more times than I care to admit. This time around, I?m going with the first map I get (not looking at anyone else?s map before I get mine, either) and I?m settling with whichever face I get.

Back