• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Pixel art and game dev stuff (contains animations)

Lazymoth

Bells
Hey there! I've gotten back into art recently after a long time of being lazy and not doing much in the way of visual arts. Lately I've been doing a bunch of pixel art stuff for my game. Here's some stuff:

For reference so the pixel art I post has a proper sense of scale, here's a gif of what the game looks like:

PnZ4bta.gif

A couple of bosses:

moltgif.gif
madamb.gif

Some weird enemies:

diamond.gif
whirler.gif

Some portraits, a couple of them corresponding to a couple of the opponents above:

newportstigs.PNG

A special attack animation of a player character wielding a huge axe:

moonson_special4.gif

I don't really have anywhere to show off art assets and hear any comments (tumblr and twitter are surprisingly empty as far as commentary goes, to say nothing of how dead DA is) and it seems like everyone here is enthusiastic about art so I thought it might be fun and motivating to set up a little thread here!

Oh my god???? This is too cute???? Since when have you been working on this game? Are you also coding it yourself? Would definitely love to see the final product! Oh, and I'm in love with the oldschool game aesthetic.

@Luminescence: Thank you!! :D

I've been working on it for a few years now but didn't buckle down and do it "full-time" until one year ago (successfully ran a kickstarter and got greenlit too!!). Aiming for release in October!

I am indeed coding it myself! Glad you like the aesthetic :lemon:

Also if anyone around these parts would like any pointers or suggestions with game development I'd be happy to answer a few questions.

moth...!!! //hugs u gently

ahhh everything is looking great <3333 i especially love the portraits and the last animation! youre doing a wonderful job :'D keep up the great work hon!!!

@Luminescence: Thank you!! :D

I've been working on it for a few years now but didn't buckle down and do it "full-time" until one year ago (successfully ran a kickstarter and got greenlit too!!). Aiming for release in October!

I am indeed coding it myself! Glad you like the aesthetic :lemon:

Also if anyone around these parts would like any pointers or suggestions with game development I'd be happy to answer a few questions.

God, that's amazing. Congrats on both the funding and greenlight! I know next to nothing about game developing, but the Kickstarter page shows so many cool features, will definitely be looking out for the Steam release!

Back