• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

pc players - how is it?

peachybam

Boosh!
Bells
i played pocket camp for one day, and then i deleted it after the tutorial. maybe cause i didn’t understand what to do lol

but if any of you play pocket camp, how is it? i’m thinking of downloading it again but i’m not sure.

Depending on when you last played, you’ll be welcomed to a lot of great UI changes and a lot of new items/villagers. Being able to complete villager tasks from one menu was one of the best additions to the game.

Getting leaf tickets can be a bit of a headache still, but there’s enough involvement to keep you going when you check in a couple times per day.

I think it’d be worth a shot to dip into again if you‘re looking for a casual addition to your library. :)

i thought you meant computer pc at first and was like ”what”

anyway, i played every day for like two years so i guess i’m qualified enough to reply. for me it was fun simply because it was animal crossing. at first it’s a bit slow and you have barely any items or villagers and are also poor as hell. it takes a while and might feel overwhelming at first, especially considering the game has so many more things now than when i first started playing it.

once you get started (and have played for a few days) you have a lot more things to do but honestly i’m sort of sick of it at this point and have barely touched the game since new horizons came out. i don’t know if i would recommend it per say since i have grown tired of it, but it was a fun for a while at least! especially if there are any ongoing events (when are there not tho) you can get into it quicker

As someone who played on an off since official release (in Europe) I'll have to say, don't get it if you like collecting and just playing casually. I recently started playing last autumn due to an event here and I kinda regret it in a lot of way because yes I'm a collector of items and stuff I really want and they are very ambivalent and pointy with their re-releases (I of course came back after some of my fave sets were online lol).. I mean there are definitely worse ad-based and freemium games there but the fact that it's Nintendo who entered the market and made it this freemium with their devs and such is just making me annoyed and I kinda wanna ditch it when/if they do Pascal for summer.

Like, yes it's better than most app freemium things but even not playing as much aside for events and stuff I still think it's been very trashy latest year compared to earlier times. I mean yeah everyone needs their payment but yeah they hide way too much for new players to come into, in my opinion. I'd rather get NL again because honestly NH is also kinda trash being playing that for a few month.

So yeah, idk if you have time and dedication for events to actually earn stuff then yeah otherwise I'd just get back to NL or play NHif you already do.

I've had it since the US official release. It was really fun at first but after a while, it got kinda boring. I play it on and off, its still a pretty good mobile game.

i played pocket camp for one day, and then i deleted it after the tutorial. maybe cause i didn’t understand what to do lol

but if any of you play pocket camp, how is it? i’m thinking of downloading it again but i’m not sure.
wait you can play on pc? How? I MUST KNOW!

Hey ya, it’s really good after playing for a while and you will never get tired of it. Trust me

My opinions on Pocket Camp are kind of complex. As an actual game with mechanics, it's extremely shallow and doesn't require a great deal of investment. Most of it is pretty repetitive, and there's a discussion to be had about the microtransactions, especially in later updates to the game.

But as far as mindless mobile games go, I actually think it's not horrible? There are so many ways to customize your campsite, cabin, and RV that are extremely satisfying. I quite enjoy spending time, crafting new thing and adding new furniture to my amenities. That's basically the core of the game. Interactions with animals and other players is pretty unsatisfying, though, and you won't really be making friends for any reason beyond their practical utility as merchants and to help you get into Shovelstrike Quarry.

I think the biggest problem with the game is probably the Leaf Tickets system, which to be fair is only really a problem for events, not so much the base game. I love the current wedding event, for example, but by design you're never going to have enough leaf tickets to buy everything you want without paying real world money. Which is, you know, the point. But I would also argue that the game hands out so many Leaf Tickets just for logging in that if you don't want to pay for anything, you can still get one or two good things per event. So if you don't want to spend money on MTX, it's less about "spend money to get ALL the things" and more "prioritize what you want the most." In addition, the game showers you with Bells and there are so many good in-game items that don't require Leaf Tickets, I've never felt too much FOMO for not paying for it. I've spent $0 on the game so far, and I'm more or less satisfied with what I've been able to achieve with it, and I don't feel like it took me too long to do so.

So basically, it's a good game if you just want the satisfaction of having various amenities tailored specifically to your tastes and interests. But as far as life simulators go, and Animal Crossing games in general, it's not a substitute for any of the console or handheld games.

i played pocket camp for like 6 months consistently before dropping it. as someone who plays a tonnn of gacha games, i can say that this is one of the worse ones (at least in the gacha aspect). the game is pretty stingy with premium currency, and new banners being released every week with TONS of new furniture means that being f2p can be really difficult. i think the events are kind of repetitive and boring, since there are only like 3 different types from what i remember. if you like decorating, i think it could be really fun for you! the only problem is that so much of the items are locked behind premium currency that it can be very frustrating for the game to provide so little of it. i think casual players will have more fun with it, but be prepared to either spend money or not collect everything you want.

i played pocket camp for like 6 months consistently before dropping it. as someone who plays a tonnn of gacha games, i can say that this is one of the worse ones (at least in the gacha aspect). the game is pretty stingy with premium currency, and new banners being released every week with TONS of new furniture means that being f2p can be really difficult. i think the events are kind of repetitive and boring, since there are only like 3 different types from what i remember. if you like decorating, i think it could be really fun for you! the only problem is that so much of the items are locked behind premium currency that it can be very frustrating for the game to provide so little of it. i think casual players will have more fun with it, but be prepared to either spend money or not collect everything you want.
It's one of those games where even though I'm more or less enjoying it, I really can't bring myself to disagree with anything said here, either.

i played it for a while but it turned into a huge cash grab tbh, and now that new horizons is out i only see myself going back to it if im very bored.

As someone who played on an off since official release (in Europe) I'll have to say, don't get it if you like collecting and just playing casually. I recently started playing last autumn due to an event here and I kinda regret it in a lot of way because yes I'm a collector of items and stuff I really want and they are very ambivalent and pointy with their re-releases (I of course came back after some of my fave sets were online lol).. I mean there are definitely worse ad-based and freemium games there but the fact that it's Nintendo who entered the market and made it this freemium with their devs and such is just making me annoyed and I kinda wanna ditch it when/if they do Pascal for summer.

Like, yes it's better than most app freemium things but even not playing as much aside for events and stuff I still think it's been very trashy latest year compared to earlier times. I mean yeah everyone needs their payment but yeah they hide way too much for new players to come into, in my opinion. I'd rather get NL again because honestly NH is also kinda trash being playing that for a few month.

So yeah, idk if you have time and dedication for events to actually earn stuff then yeah otherwise I'd just get back to NL or play NHif you already do.
Yep, it's right

Its kind of like happy home designer but with lots of micro transactions and you sorta interact with villagers and sorta collect fish/bugs but you mainly just collect furniture from fortune cookies and place them in your campsite thing. There is quite a lot of new cool furniture but it's just a very watered down animal crossing, its not really my jam, I played until like level 30 and just got bored of the typical mobile gacha game grind, if you like decorating it might be for you but its not inside houses, its all outside which is kinda weird imo.

Its kind of like happy home designer but with lots of micro transactions and you sorta interact with villagers and sorta collect fish/bugs but you mainly just collect furniture from fortune cookies and place them in your campsite thing. There is quite a lot of new cool furniture but it's just a very watered down animal crossing, its not really my jam, I played until like level 30 and just got bored of the typical mobile gacha game grind, if you like decorating it might be for you but its not inside houses, its all outside which is kinda weird imo.
Not true, you have two rooms in your RV that you can also decorate and upgrade, and at some point you unlock a cabin with two rooms you can decorate. Only the campsite is outdoors.

That doesn't make the gameplay any less shallow, mind you. But for a game about camping, it's surprising how you get more freedom and versatility to decorate indoor spaces than you do the outdoor space.

For me, the campsite is mostly for the utility of leveling up animals. Outside of furniture, the only customization options that drastically change how it looks require Leaf Tickets and even those are hardly worth it. The Cabin and the RV are much more interesting in terms of how you can change and arrange various aspects to suit your interests.

I played for awhile when it first came out and it was really fun for a bit. It got really boring fast though. I just redownloaded to get the items for New Horizons but I have been really lazy and have not got around to it... guess that shows how boring the game is haha.

I just started playing it and it’s somehow simultaneously too fast and busy (it’s... definitely a mobile app) but also very slow/suuuuuuper grind-y so as to convince impatient players to buy more leaf tickets. I’m not sure I’ll play it for long, but it’s been kinda fun to meet some villagers I haven’t had in ACNH. The cranky villagers’ voice is taking some getting used to...

Back