• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Panel de Pon appreciation thread

Raz

Visit Kupoland! DA: 9056-8665-9246
Bells
Island
Kupoland
Tin Robot
Festive Bell
Tasty Cake
New Horizons Token
ど
So, I'm gonna preface this by saying that I was always terrible at puzzle games that works with colored blocks (I have some degree of colorblindness and most of these games weren't made with colorblindness in mind).

Even then, I always had a lot of fun playing games like Columns, Puyo Puyo, Puzzle Fighter (that game was amazing in the Dreamcast and I've bought it again on the PS3)... I recently got into Mr. Driller, and that series is fantastic (I highly recommend you guys to check Mr. Driller Drill Land demo on the eShop).

There's also a game that I played a few times throughout the years that I enjoyed but for some reason, I never felt like "I need to learn this and be good at it". This game is Panel de Pon, a Super Famicom game that got a visual makeover (and some other changes) and was released in the west as Tetris Attack. When I added some games to my Super Famicom mini, I took some time with Panel de Pon and got hooked. The game is so much fun and it's more accessible for colorblind people than basically most other games in the genre.

Panel de Pon is available on the Super Nintendo Online, on the Switch, and if you have a subscription and you like puzzle games, I'll recommend you to give it a try. It's really an amazing game and I'll say that it's on par with Puzzle Fighter, which was always THE puzzle game for me.

I love Panel de Pon and all of the variants of it! I grew up on Tetris Attack as a kid, the Yoshi version of the game in north america. So much fun! It was also my first speedrun game cause I just enjoy it so much!

Also live the Puyo series, great games!

Reactions: Raz
Panel de Pon is a really great game. I got it many years ago for my Super Famicom for cheap and it instantly became one of my favorite puzzlers.

I really hope Nintendo will release Wrecking Crew '98, another great puzzler, on SNO sometime in the future.

Reactions: Raz
When I was in Seattle I bought this game from an imported game shop! Even with my limited Japanese reading skills it’s still a blast. The gameplay is the perfect mix of easy to learn, but hard to master. My only complaint is the lack of a save feature. Jotting down passwords is a pain.

Back