• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Kingdom of hearts

porkpie28

Bells
Black Famous Mushroom
Tin Robot
Matryoshka Doll
Holiday Candy Cane 2020
User Title Color Change
Hi everyone i played the first game as a kid I wouid like to get back into it again on the store. There is a all in one package wouid that be all the games

I think you meant Kingdom Hearts, without the "of". 🤔 But I personally like calling it Kingdom of Hearts myself, because it teases those who do enjoy the game, as I do not like Kingdom Hearts. 😂 I don't know, something about edgy-looking shirtless dudes with giant swords and spiky hair interacting with Mickey Mouse and whatever cartoony characters from Disney just looks jarring to me. 😕 I can't take it seriously! 😅 I have attended a live orchestral performance of some of their soundtrack in the past, however. They have some good music, just... not my kinda game. 🤷‍♀️

KH All-In-One does contain the Final Mix version of the original KH1, yes. ^_^ It also contains the others (as long as you’re talking about that black box “all in one package” and not the 1.5 etc separated packages), however it has an inferior and dumbed down cutscenes only version of 358/2 Days, Chi + Union X, and re:coded so you’ll have to look into alternative sources for those instalments. You can DM me for a full playthrough sequence order ^_^ and anything else KH related you need

And @danmokun you’re so lucky for getting to see the KH orchestra. It comes out of Japan much less often than its larger cousin Distant Worlds does. Did you see World of Tres or the World Tour?

Did you see World of Tres or the World Tour?
Oop, sorry, apparently you don't receive notifications when someone @'s you. 🤔 It might've been World of Tres. I used to have the T-shirt which was black and had Sora wearing a coat and holding a conductor's staff, but it shrunk after drying it once. 👎 They also played game footage on a projector up on the stage.

IMG_2611.jpeg

This shirt? How awesome! :D
I haven’t gotten the chance to go to any of the KH concerts, just the Final Fantasy version.

I have all of the games available on the Switch. I also have the GBA version of Chain of Memories and 364/2 Days on the DS. Don’t have Re:Coded and not interested in it either as the one time I tried it out I hated the chips system. I think Re:Coded is the worst entry of the entire series.

How does the cloud emulation work for you on switch? When I tried it it lagged terribly.

if you can help it don't put yourself through the mediocre versions on nintendo consoles. best played on a ps4, but you have what you have i guess

the all-in-one contains the final mix of kingdom hearts 1 and 2 and Birth by Sleep (don't look at this as a spin-off, it isn't. it's the most narratively important game in the series and is more like a kingdom hearts 0 than anything). it also contains Re:Chain of Memories, one of the better games in the series, PS2 remake of the original GBA game. i wouldn't bother with the original version of that--it is inconsistent with later games' writing anyway. you also get the hd port of dream drop distance, originally on the 3ds. but this way with a control scheme that isn't awful. you also get the stand alone prologue to kh3 that takes place between BBS and 1.

358/2 Days is only in the form of cutscenes with short text summaries explaining the events of the missions you play through ... but it's a clunky DS slog you won't miss playing. so if you really want to play it, just do it after you play the series people actually praise. same situation for re:coded. and there is a short movie called backcover that serves as a prelude to those browser games that take place in the distant pass, but most of the relevant information is in backcover. anything else about the browser games you can learn from some babbling youtuber but having played 3, they are not significant outside fanon

and i think digitally at least, all-in-one provides kingdom hearts 3. does on psn anyway. might be the same case if there is a physical bundle idkk

there has been another game since 3 that isn't included. it's a rhythm game, but does have some story relevance.

Last edited:
I can't really defend Kingdom Hearts on the basis of narrative, but I won't go too far into that for now because I have done so in the past, and because I don't want to come to a thread specifically about a game just to talk about how much I dislike it. But I do rather enjoy the gameplay. It's not particularly deep or complex or challenging by any means, but it's a decently fun game. And the music and aesthetics are all up to Square Enix's usual golden standard.

It is a shame about the Switch versions, however. It's something I've wanted since the early 2000's (mainline Kingdom Hearts on a Nintendo console), and they still find a way to ruin it anyway. They've also made the PC versions Epic Games Store exclusive (a storefront I refuse to download for a myriad of reasons, chief among them being that I don't want a million different installers on my computer that I use for both work and games) for the time being. Though I'm honestly less bothered about that, because even if they do make their way onto Steam, they'll probably be plagued with DRM and other annoyances to bring the experience down.

I don't want to come to a thread specifically about a game just to talk about how much I dislike it.
Oh, I like that concept. 😈 I'll mumble a thing and a half about things I like, but when it comes to expressing what I dislike, I'll gladly chew someone's both ears off about it and go get salt for flavor before I finish. 😋👂

Honestly I don’t care if the Switch version is the best or worst way to play the series. I’m not spending $450 on a new PS5 and then another $40 just for the games and then another $30 in state sales tax. Compare that with me already owning a Switch when the Cloud version came out and me paying only $90, I saved over $400. I’m on a budget and games are expensive. I need to do preorders months ahead to buy any new games that I’m interested in. I just got Mario Wonder months after it was released. I still haven’t gotten Splatoon 3 yet. If I can save money on a game that I really really want, I’m taking it no matter how “bad” people say it is. I even got the Mortal Kombat 1 version on the Switch and I don’t care about the graphics. I just want to play the game.

Last edited:
Back