• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Opinions on Sylvana?

Love her, she might replace merengue on my island. But she appeared with the welcome amiibo pack, so even though she is an old villager, she wasn't part of the game for a few years so it's not the top of mind, to most people. Marina, Skye and Merengue most of the time.

Sylvana was my third villager. It was the first time I’d ever encountered her and just she’s so adorable. She’s staying forever!

I had her in New Leaf and adored her then! But... somehow, I completely forgot that she exists as far as this game goes.

I remember everyone being into her design when she was first available, but my guess is that, like many of the Welcome Amiibo villagers, the appeal of something new just kind of wore off and she faded into the background.

...I think I'm going to try to find her, now that you've stirred up my memories of how nice it was to have her around in NL.

hhng she’s cute! she’s not my favourite or anything but she’s a cutie ;v;

she's cute, but i already have like 3 normal squirrels on my island like holy crap why did they make so many of the squirrels n o r m a l.

understandable, though, i can't see her with any other personality type.

Cutiiiiiie! She’s one of my favorite squirrels. Someone on here was kind enough to send me her amiibo a few weeks ago and she’s moving in tomorrow - I’m so excited! I saved her for the last because I’ve had such a hard time narrowing down which normals to keep. I believe her design is based on the southern fox squirrel:
71370133-973B-4A29-91C3-60BE0D1C02B4.jpeg

I love her, she is so cute. I already have Cally on my island who's just as cute and gets even less love, I wish I could have both but normal villagers dialogue is so repetitive.
I settled for Lolly and Cally as my villagers for this personality & don't want them gone, but I love so many normal villagers. I don't know if I would resist inviting her if I met her while island hopping though.

I met sylvana early on in new horizons while island hopping for my first 10 villagers, and I was instantly taken aback by her cuteness.
I really wanted to keep searching for zucker and I felt conflicted on deciding if I wanted to take sylvana or not. I stayed on the island for almost an hour making my decision, and in the end I decided to recruit her! It was the best decision I've made in new horizons yet because I've fallen in love with her! ^^ We're best friends now and I adore her to pieces. She has the cutest little nose and eyes, and by the markings on her face I think she's based on a ferret? So cute!!

Basically, she became instant dreamie material upon meeting her and is probably my favorite villager of all time now. ^^
EXzCsKvVcAA_Bin.jpg

I got her as my 10th villager. Never seen her before, very adorable even though I dislike most squirrels. I would keep her if I didn't have the exact normal villager problem you described ;)

Sylvana is literally so precious I do not understand how anyone could say she's bland or forgettable or even ugly. She's far from any of those things in my opinion and I love her so much and while I don't have dreamies in NH, I would absolutely love to have her on my island. She's one of the best squirrels. I wish there were more personalities literally just so the ones we haven't wouldn't get oversaturated as I feel like that's part of why some of my absolute favorite normals like Sylvana get super overlooked!! It doesn't help that even I, who loves cycling my villagers in and out to try new ones this time around, don't necessarily wanna keep 2 normals on my island for very long because I get bored of their dialogue faster than other personalities if I have more than one.

She's one of my favourite Squirells behind Caroline and Mint. I love her design and find her so darn adorable!

Back