Oops -dead 3ds

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was funny. :) Don't fret, people are touchy on this forum ;)

Ah, he's trying to be all high and mighty. I don't care, I'm not doing anything wrong, I'm legal to drink so he can't just hush hehe. Thanks for the advice guys, my 3ds is in rice if it doesn't work I'll get a new one!

It's just a funny quip. I do not think he is judging you at all ;)

Well, if I were you I'd get the newly announced Zelda 3DS limited edition. It's shiny, gold :)
I would exchange my stupid Pikachu 3DS for that one.

Last edited:
My only real concerns are that you seem to have tried to turn it on multiple times. Always, always power it off and stuff it in a bag of rice immediately.

The other issue is the sugar content of the wine. Sugared beverages or acidic beverages are more likely to hang around in the internal bits of the 3DS. Still, make sure it's wholly powered off, stick it n a bag of basic white rice (natural desiccant) and LEAVE IT ALONE for at least 24 - 48 hours.

That'll suck out the moisture and if it hasn't already fried from having electricity run through it by the charger, there's a chance it could be fine.

People, if your device ever takes a dunk, do not turn it on. Make it as off as you can and stuff it in a desiccant of some kind. <3

If for some reason it doesn't work, though, I fully advise (assuming you're legal drinking age) imbibing many strong drinks before making the leap to your dream console. ^_~

- - - Post Merge - - -

My best friend has the Zelda 3DS and the ACNL special 3DS XL bundle. They're super pretty, but I really like my basic shiny blue 3DS XL. ^_^

Last edited:
Ah, see, this should show you the extent of my gamerdom. ^_^

I started with the original NES when it was released (I'm 34) and have owned every Nintendo console model -- but I have very narrow taste in games. I don't like fighting; I'm such a pansy pacifist that it leaks over even into my gaming preferences. So my games are puzzles, contructive, world-building, exploration, etc. Unless it's an early 2D scroller, like the SMB series, you probably won't find me playing anything that involves exploding things.

...though I adore explodey movies, so I dunno. ^_~

Ah, see, this should show you the extent of my gamerdom. ^_^

I started with the original NES when it was released (I'm 34) and have owned every Nintendo console model -- but I have very narrow taste in games. I don't like fighting; I'm such a pansy pacifist that it leaks over even into my gaming preferences. So my games are puzzles, contructive, world-building, exploration, etc. Unless it's an early 2D scroller, like the SMB series, you probably won't find me playing anything that involves exploding things.

...though I adore explodey movies, so I dunno. ^_~

I'm just going to get the blue one I think, I'm not a Zelda fan :)

I have the shiny basic blue one because, the silly answer? I am addicted to Doctor Who and it looked most "TARDIS-y" -- and you'll note the name of my town happens to be TARDIS with 3 alts named after favoured characters. ^_~

I have the shiny basic blue one because, the silly answer? I am addicted to Doctor Who and it looked most "TARDIS-y" -- and you'll note the name of my town happens to be TARDIS with 3 alts named after favoured characters. ^_~

I like doctor who ^.^ great idea

If I were you I'd buy the limited edition. Why ? 'Cause I bought the stupid yellow Pikachu 3DS months ago at normal retail price and started playing with it. I'm not a Pok?mon fan at all but I thought it looked better than the 2 normal 3DS.

Now I'm going over on Amazon.com and I see my Pikachu 3DS could fetch me 350$ (that's 150$ more than what I paid) if I were to sell it.

If I were you I'd buy the limited edition. Why ? 'Cause I bought the stupid yellow Pikachu 3DS months ago at normal retail price and started playing with it. I'm not a Pok?mon fan at all but I thought it looked better than the 2 normal 3DS.

Now I'm going over on Amazon.com and I see my Pikachu 3DS could fetch me 350$ (that's 150$ more than what I paid) if I were to sell it.

Wow, really, that's good!

For me, I bought the console to play the game, not to turn a profit. I got this as a thing I intend to own until it no longer works -- and as I stll have an original working Gameboy, I expect it may be a bit. ^_~

I have the 3DS XL in blue and I <3 it. There are other things I'm involved in where yes, I will buy special edition things knowing that later they will be worth more. But this was a total comfort thing and I am sentimental about tech. (Even all my computers have names. Fez, Pandorica, Benedict, Eleven, Rory, etc.)

I don't think I could sell mine if I did have a limited edition, I like the blue one. I did have a white.

Well my 3ds is clearly dead, so I ordered a new one! It should be here on Thursday! It's the blue one :)

pls do not disrespect other peoples choices and degrade them solely because they are women, that is sexist and rude (nice to see how you contributed to the thread, too. Spammer. Reported)

also lauren bby get a moisture absorber and put it in a box w/lid with 3DS for a few days and they see if it works. if not then take it back and tell them it doesn't work anymore YOLO

If you don't know what "Drunk" means, you are obviously too young for forums.

Drunk has nothing to do with sexism or women

PS> Drunk isnt a social life... It's a messed up life. You fools

Last edited:
If you don't know what "Drunk" means, you are obviously too young for forums.

PS> Drunk isnt a social life... It's a messed up life. You fools

So you were being serious? That's nice of you to insinuate that her 3DS broke because she was drunk. (Which is extremely insulting in my opinion.)

Lauren: Did you order a normal 3DS or XL? o:

Place the 3ds in a dry rice bowl, uncooked haha. And proceed to periodically blowdry the unit on the Low setting. Good luck! ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back