• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

One Year After Release, do you still time travel?

Sometimes, if I have shooting stars and stuff I'll TT so a friend of mine who works nights can come over. Or I'll TT to collect materials that I need. Honestly sometimes I'll TT to a certain point to try and farm specific DIY's -- farming things is a vibe thing for me, so :3

I really only did it for my nine amiibo villagers and to get through the prologue. (I set the start date about two weeks before the current date, and then I caught up to the current date.)
Now I only go back a few hours for turnips if I missed them, I don’t do it anymore besides.

I guess you could same I'm time traveling right now while I'm typing this. It's January on my island at the moment.

I went through much the first year not time traveling. I didn't want to exploit the ability to change time just to progress faster or to find out of season bugs/fish. I did it a couple times in the summer, just going backwards some hours to hear the morning hourly tracks while terraforming in the evening, but I think that was it.

Now that it's been a year, and I've completed my Critterpedia, I think I'll probably use TT more this year for purposely escaping the snow next winter or maybe going to a rainy day to just chill with somedays, such as when it's raining IRL.

I went through the tutorial and 100 (or little under 100) days of not time traveling at the beginning. I thought it would be boring playing day by day but it was actually really fun. Definitely not how I would normally play because I was obsessed with time traveling in New Leaf. Now a year in I only time travel when I landscape and when my projects are over I go back to normal time. I also never leave the current season when I'm TTing.

I had an island where I TT'd a few times to cycle out some villagers, but I haven't TT'd in any of my new towns since. I like having something to look forward to and TT'ing has always removed that feeling for me.

Yeah I'm like in September right now. 2020, that is. I'm just playing the game at my own pace because I play it like once or twice a month. I loved not time traveling as a kid and my life being nothing but Animal Crossing time, but I just don't have that luxury anymore. It's just not mentally stimulating for me to force myself to play a game every single day for at least half an hour. And this game in particular is just a snore on each individual day imo. I played the first month without time traveling and that's pretty much what I wanted out of the game. I got that experience, but it doesn't entertain me for 365+ days. Kudos to those who stick with Animal Crossing games like that, but I don't see myself doing that before retirement.

To be honest I've always time travelled in animal crossing ever since the first time I picked up wild world. It's something I tried and once I learned it worked I went all out with it. I can definitely say it's not as fun nowadays as it was back then, but I still love to grow metric tons of trees and flora in general so time travel helps a ton. Sorry for the run-on sentence :>

I only really time travel now when I’m moving a house or destroying a bridge/staircase. Otherwise I’m fine with just enjoying the slow pace of my island life.

Started time traveling only within the last few weeks and have played since release. I wanted to find my weather seed.

I might time-travel for more mushrooms, but for now, I want to keep it on regular time. It is really disorienting to only see the world at 7:03pm every day looking for Celeste. :giggle:

Unexpected results were that I actually got villagers to move out more often and I could adopt two villagers from people on TBT. I am so happy about that. I also found a villager on a Nook Miles trip who was my first villager in New Leaf, so I brought her onboard. If you are interested in that then I suggest figuring out how to time-travel.

Don't care a bit about the ethics of time travel.

On my main island Serenity I waited a long time before I time traveled. My second island I waited until after I got the shops and museum. I like the beginning of the game. I do still time travel. When I do it’s to move villagers sometimes between islands. Sometimes to get painting from redd when he doesn’t give me a real painting I need. I time travel back to events like festivale to get the rest of the color variations.

I dont time travel in new horizons. I did that in new leaf to unlock gracie and other things, but i dont find new horizons to have that same temptation so i am just taking it on a day by day basis.

I have never TTed, nor do I plan to.

I don't judge others for TTing, though. To each, their own.

Only when I'm feeling impatient for catalog orders or incline/bridge renovations. :)

I was considering it as I just got back into the game recently, so I did not play from some point in August 2020 - March 2021. Not quite sure exactly what I missed but I know there was probably a Christmas, Halloween and that Mario event. Would going back in time to experience these events mess anything up in my current game when I jump back to present day?

I was considering it as I just got back into the game recently, so I did not play from some point in August 2020 - March 2021. Not quite sure exactly what I missed but I know there was probably a Christmas, Halloween and that Mario event. Would going back in time to experience these events mess anything up in my current game when I jump back to present day?

no, villagers won't move out without your consent unlike previous games. The only problem I've found is that the weeds are awful and if you have turnips they will of course spoil

I time traveled on day one because I didn't get the game until the day after release and I wanted my player profile to appear as if I had got the game on the day it came out. The second time was to get the hedge Nook Mile award because I only bough one hedge.

These days, I travel more frequently so I can give Flick bugs to make models out of. I have lots of bugs filling my inventory that I want to make models out of. I only do it a couple times during a visit. Same with Redd. I travel a couple of times and then let time move on naturally.

Back