• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

one step closer to giving up on fang. Also, be aware of this scammer!

nyanicat

Bells
Switch
2648-0736-2787
i posted on a gamefaq thread that i was buying fang or beau for 9 mil since i had obtained some money through selling items. I get a message from flowertheft saying that he would sell me fang for 2 mil. I was so happy and excited that i met someone so kind, but then he messaged me saying that he would collect the money from my town and then i can go to his town to get fang. I asked why and he said that he got scammed before. Understandable, but I told him that he could just flick the wifi switch or just end the game if I ever strayed from the train station. I thought this was weird since nobody has ever asked that, so I looked up his username and it turns out he's a scammer. Sigh. Guys, if you ever get a username with the friend code: 3067-5027-1510. please be aware. Thankfully I was smart enough to not get scammed by this guy. I hope to aware all of you guys too!

Your awesome for posting this. :3 If you don't find Fang before I do I'll give him to you for 2 mil. :D

shouldnt you drop off the bells at his station?
even if someone has been scammed before, all you had to do was talk to fang. and if you didnt drop bells they could flick the switch.

haha thanks ahbobby! yeah i told him that. that if i were to ever stray from the train station, he could just end the game or switch the wifi. but he kept saying no and that he had to come to my town first. turns out he has a couple of usernames he uses. and actually steals people's hybrids and doesn't go through with trades.

haha thanks ahbobby! yeah i told him that. that if i were to ever stray from the train station, he could just end the game or switch the wifi. but he kept saying no and that he had to come to my town first. turns out he has a couple of usernames he uses. and actually steals people's hybrids and doesn't go through with trades.
if someone told me that i probably wouldn't add them. thanks for heads up though

i know. thankfully i didn't open my town gate before looking him up. no problem!

His name is flowertheft lol!

Flowertheft hasn't crossed into TBT. He also goes by Zeldagirl(a few numbers), liquor, liquormansion and mastercard1.
The most recent scammers on Gamefaqs are World1-1 and Marcoplisneko, which by the way they operate, are the same person. I haven't seen either of these two on this board.

As trades for Dreamies continue to be more ludicrous, we'll unfortunately see an increase in scamming. =(

As trades for Dreamies continue to be more ludicrous, we'll unfortunately see an increase in scamming. =(

Yep. This is partly why I personally don't bother with the dreamy trading business.

Also, as a very, very long time member of GameFAQs with as high of an account as you can have without being a moderator (my current account is from 2000 but I have been around there since 1995), I can say that GameFAQs is good for information but I would never, ever trade anything there. There's a reason I do all of my trades on (the far, far more trustworthy overall) TBT. I've done Katie drop-offs and petition signatures (me getting the signatures) via GameFAQs, but those things aren't really things you can get scammed on.

This is why I only do trades with people with high wifi ratings... A little iffy if they don't have any but depending on their attitude( if they say I can get the villager first then drop the bells, opposed to what you said where he wanted the money from your town first) I will do it. Will never trade with anyone with lower than 100% rating or any negatives.

He probably didn't want you to come to his town because he doesn't have Fang. He just wanted your bells and run. Pretty smart. I don't get into this whole "dreamie" thing myself. I don't have any that I prefer. Sometimes, I wonder why I wifi at all. Even a close friend took all my perfect fruit without asking, then proceeded to run over my island flowers. I was like, "hey, this is my island, not yours or Club Tortimer!"

Yeah I was hoping to try and find some of my dream villagers by trading and stuff later on in the game but now I know to be a bit more aware of scammers. It's really sad people think it's okay to cheat like this in games! ;;

Thank you for the heads up!
I'm sorry you didn't manage to get Fang though, if I had him I'd let you have him but unfortunately I don't :(

Back