• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

okami (switch) & okamiden (ds)

bestfriendsally

Senior Member (my name's charlotte)
Bells
Switch
4312-8499-3994
Red Envelope
anyone know or play the game, okami & it's sequel, okamiden? :D

what part do you like about them?

as for me, i like almost everything about them...
well... except for the haunted ship in okami... :eek:

the ships so much better in okamiden :>

This is just for Okami, although, I can't give you my full insight as I haven't finished the game yet, but I have been enjoying it so far! I feel like going into the game without knowing absolutely anything about it wasn't the right move since it did take me a LONG time to "find" the old lady's drying pole in the first village 🤦‍♀️ but now that I'm more familiar with the mechanics it's a bit easier for me to understand what to do. I usually play the game handheld and sometimes I find it really hard to draw with the joycon's... the only reason I was able to pass the river challenge is because I finally put my switch on the table and drew the lines with my hand 😅🤣 I like the witty dialogue of some character but the character design of a few other is kind of strange lol

This is just for Okami, although, I can't give you my full insight as I haven't finished the game yet, but I have been enjoying it so far! I feel like going into the game without knowing absolutely anything about it wasn't the right move since it did take me a LONG time to "find" the old lady's drying pole in the first village 🤦‍♀️ but now that I'm more familiar with the mechanics it's a bit easier for me to understand what to do. I usually play the game handheld and sometimes I find it really hard to draw with the joycon's... the only reason I was able to pass the river challenge is because I finally put my switch on the table and drew the lines with my hand 😅🤣I like the witty dialogue of some character but the character design of a few other is kind of strange lol

i think i remember that it took me a little bit for me to learn it too :>

Nice timing on making this thread. I've played Okami on the Switch and finished it nearly a week ago! I'm doing another playthrough with the New Game Plus feature. Long story short, it has lots of strong points and has become one of the best games I've ever played. The only thing I had an issue with is not being able to register circle drawings (or maybe it's just me on my end drawing horribly lol).

As for Okamiden, I've never played it. Without going into spoilers, can you tell me more about it and whether it's a good game?

Nice timing on making this thread. I've played Okami on the Switch and finished it nearly a week ago! I'm doing another playthrough with the New Game Plus feature. Long story short, it has lots of strong points and has become one of the best games I've ever played. The only thing I had an issue with is not being able to register circle drawings (or maybe it's just me on my end drawing horribly lol).

As for Okamiden, I've never played it. Without going into spoilers, can you tell me more about it and whether it's a good game?

i guess it really was good timing, then ^^

as for okamiden, yes, it's such a great game! ^^ it's so cute, as you play as ammy's son, chibiterasu, aka chibi ^^, he can't dig or bark, though... *well, he barks in cutscenes, though :> *

Last edited:
i guess it was good timing, then ^^

as for okamiden, yes, it's such a great game! ^^ it's so cute, as you play as ammy's son, chibi ^^, he can't dig or bark or jump very high, though...
Aww, he's probably still cute, though. I heard that he can't read either haha.

Oh, I forgot to mention that when you complete Okami, you get karmic transformers. My personal favourite is Canine Warrior Chi (the second one where Ammy turns extra fluffy). Some of them even change up the bark she makes slightly. The realistic one is pretty funny too as the style goes totally against everything in the game.

Throughout my time playing this game, I have never gotten a game over, nor do I have the guts to look it up and see it.

Also, why did I pay 100,000 yen to learn how to pee on my enemies. Judging by the technique name "Brown Rage", I have a feeling I'll be taught how to do number 2.

Played the PS4 version a couple of years ago after seeing it on sale. The whole Japanese painting aesthetic is so pleasing to look at (and aged very well considering it's ~15 years old) and there's not a single bad track in the OST imo. One of my favourite games of all time tbh. Never played Okamiden though.

The only thing I had an issue with is not being able to register circle drawings (or maybe it's just me on my end drawing horribly lol).
Drawing circles was a bit difficult on PS4 too, it's only slightly better thanks to the touchpad.

well... except for the haunted ship in okami... :eek:

the ships so much better in okamiden :>
Funny you mention that ship, it's actually one of my favourite dungeons :LOL:

Funny you mention that ship, it's actually one of my favourite dungeons :LOL:
Are you talking about the sunken ship from Okami? Despite my second playthrough, I still get creeped out, especially after noticing the laugh coming from the Spider Queen when I didn't notice it the first time playing. I also had to go back there another time when I had to deal with a suffocating seaweed monster to get some praise from them.

I bought Okami on the switch and played until after the first Orochi fight. I plan on returning, even though sadly I couldn't get into it. I really wanted to like it. The art style is super pretty.

I bought Okami on the switch and played until after the first Orochi fight. I plan on returning, even though sadly I couldn't get into it. I really wanted to like it. The art style is super pretty.

awww.... :<

it's a really good game :>

I will always cherish and adore Okami. The music, the story, the gameplay and the unique arts Tyler really made the game unique, fun, and memorable. I'm hoping Okami 2 will happen sometime soon!

I will always cherish and adore Okami. The music, the story, the gameplay and the unique arts Tyler really made the game unique, fun, and memorable. I'm hoping Okami 2 will happen sometime soon!

it's a great game ^^

i do wonder if okami 2 will come... but it's other game... i think that's it's sequal..., okamiden for the ds is really great too :> i recommend it ^^

Last edited:
Okami and Okamiden are two of my favorite games of all time actually. It goes back to watching my dad play Okami on PS2, and then him getting me Okamiden on my DS! A few years later I got OkamiHD on PS3, and then got it again on PC and am actually playing through it again right now.

Theyre great games, great art style, great story, great music. By no means perfect (I'd argue Okamiden hits I'm a lot of places Okami missed while missing in its own areas), they still hold a really special place in my heart to this day!

Okami and Okamiden are two of my favorite games of all time actually. It goes back to watching my dad play Okami on PS2, and then him getting me Okamiden on my DS! A few years later I got OkamiHD on PS3, and then got it again on PC and am actually playing through it again right now.

Theyre great games, great art style, great story, great music. By no means perfect (I'd argue Okamiden hits I'm a lot of places Okami missed while missing in its own areas), they still hold a really special place in my heart to this day!

yeah, they cut off taka pass & other places from chibi... let him travel in his mum's footsteps will you?! :< as long as he's careful, of course... :>

yes, they really are great games ^^

it's a great game ^^

i do wonder if okami 2 will come... but it's other game... it think that's it's sequal..., okamiden for the ds is really great too :> i recommend it ^^

I read that Kamiya said he plans on working on Okami 2 after Bayonetta 3, which is still taking a bit longer than expected lol.

I actually didn't like okamiden! 😆 In all truth? I felt that a lot of the original story was scrapped and that everyone having a kid at random was a bit much, all aside from Kushi and Susanoo lol I didn't like how it just changed from the ending if Anaterasu going off with Waki to just, her having a random puppy lol I will admit though, the puppy was cute but I felt the game was very lackluster.

I read that Kamiya said he plans on working on Okami 2 after Bayonetta 3, which is still taking a bit longer than expected lol.

I actually didn't like okamiden! 😆 In all truth? I felt that a lot of the original story was scrapped and that everyone having a kid at random was a bit much, all aside from Kushi and Susanoo lol I didn't like how it just changed from the ending if Anaterasu going off with Waki to just, her having a random puppy lol I will admit though, the puppy was cute but I felt the game was very lackluster.

really?! that's new news to me :3 last time i heard about a okami 2 was on a video where it was said that the company & the other company that they were working with had a arguement over it... i think that's what it was... i forget which video on youtube it was or when it was that i saw it, though...

but if they're trying again on it, that's great :D

okamiden's also a great game, though ^^

Last edited:
really?! that's new news to me :3 last time i heard about a okami 2 was on a video where it was said that the company & the other company that they were working with had a arguement over it... i think that's what it was... i forget which video on youtube it was or when it was that i saw it, though...

but if they're trying again on it, that's great :D

Oh! Maybe I'm old news then! You're probably right haha I think that Okami 2 is on the table though! I'm curious now haha

Back