• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Oh jeez... D: D: D: D:

Grawr

Retired Staff
Bells
'Got a problem with my iPod nano, here...

Okay, so when I plug it into the computer, on the ipod screen, it says it's charging.

But, the computer doesn't seem to detect it at all. Like, it doesn't say anything about it on "My Computer", it doesn't even say that its there.

And the iPod picture/thing doesn't show up on iTunes...

Is there any way to fix this without taking it to the store (PLEASE)?

D: D: D: D: D:

UltraByte said:
Is this your first time plugging it into the computer?
No.

I've never had this problem before, and I've had my iPod for like...4 months or so...

UltraByte said:
OddCrazyMe said:
Reinstall itunes.

Happens to me all the time.
Just for future reference, does it delete your playlists and songs if you reinstall iTunes?
No. As long as you don't delete the files in the iTunes folder in your "My Music" folder, you'll be fine.

OddCrazyMe said:
UltraByte said:
OddCrazyMe said:
Reinstall itunes.

Just for future reference, does it delete your playlists and songs if you reinstall iTunes?
No. As long as you don't delete the files in the iTunes folder in your "My Music" folder, you'll be fine.
Sweet. I have a feeling this'll happen to me sometime soon for some reason after reading this topic... <.<

OddCrazyMe said:
UltraByte said:
OddCrazyMe said:
Reinstall itunes.

How exactly do I do this?

Does re-installing itunes like, usually delete the My Music folder as well or something?

*Gengaris confused...

Gengar said:
OddCrazyMe said:
UltraByte said:
OddCrazyMe said:
Reinstall itunes.

How exactly do I do this?

Does re-installing itunes like, usually delete the My Music folder as well or something?

*Gengar is confused...
no

The My Music folder is a defult folder that comes with windows. It's usually something like

C:\ Documents and Settings\Your Name\My Documents\My Music\My Playlists
C:\ Documents and Settings\Your Name\My Documents\My Music\iTunes

or

C:\ Documents and Settings\Your Name\Desktop\My Music\My Playlists
C:\ Documents and Settings\Your Name\Desktop\My Music\iTunes

In English, nothing is lost.

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Well, I installed the like, new 7.4 version or something like that.

And uhh...it still doesn't work. DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD:

OddCrazyMe said:
Did you unplug the cord that connects your ipod to the pc?
Yep...

And then plugged it back in...and still no luck.

The wierd thing is it's not only MY iPod...the same problem happens with my brothers...

Back