• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Official TBT Mafia General Thread - History

yeah, like in america how you can go to the store and buy bread and it ups ur chance of living, so unfair

- - - Post Merge - - -

rip communist america ???-2016

stalin did nothing wrong

I'm making a game this summer I can't wait like the day the holidays start ITSA HAPPENING
it's going to be so much fun and coolness and D1 lynching ur gonna love it

March 24th it's happening baby

Last edited:

It's summer holidays uk time so it's a very very long time away fam but I can't wait
Or if we have a two week holiday soon it might be then but I need time off school to make a game.

- - - Post Merge - - -

March 24th it's gonna happen

Ill prob obs too since Im going to Paris around then :)
We really need to update this thread though jfc

I can do some of the missing games, but I'll only really be able to do ones I've been in b/c descriptions. For easiness sake, Im just going to include all games and pile them together than to try to sort out what's main and whats mini these days.

Last edited:
Yo Oath, what was the formatting you used? I'm working on some of them right now, and it'd be nice if they looked consistent.

The Unofficial Period (mid 2015-current)
With its raging popularity, mafia gained its own subforum on TBT. Unfortunately, TBT mafia lost much of its player base with the transition, plaguing the remaining official games with inactivity. After the most recent official game, Kissing to Be Clever (Mini mafia XVII), mafia ceased to be moderated at all. Currently, mafia exists as a much more chaotic entity than it once had, where hosts are decided by who feels like posting a thread rather than having any organized list. In addition, the tradition of main and mini mafias stopped all together, bringing in a slew of a new kind of mafia – Unofficial mafia.
Town wins: 5
Mafian wins: 1
3rd party wins: 0

TBT Unofficial Mafia XXV: Seven Deadly Sins (Host: SuperPenguin, Players: 19)
Winner: Town
In an absolutely chaotic game where 7 serial killers were on the prowl, the in game-thread was surprisingly active (albeit with drama and salt). The 7 sins were afraid to group up, giving town a fantastic opportunity to communicate and bring down all 7 sin in an impressive 4 days without any friendly fire.

Roles:
Lover, Isaac (NEW), Psychic, Jailkeeper, Priest, Gunsmith, Detective
Greed (NEW), Envy (NEW), Lust (NEW), Gluttony (NEW), Sloth (NEW), Pride (NEW), Wrath (NEW)
5 roles are unknown

TBT Unofficial Mafia XXVI: Meme Mafia (Host: Pillow Bunny, Players: 12)
The 26th Unofficial mafia was plagued with inactivity, with the mafia being the main perpetrators of discussion. But with a bit of luck, the problem of inactivity was actually used against the mafia when it looked like the town was mafia and the mafia was town, and resulted in a mafian lynch that changed the whole tide of the game, and resulted in a town victory shortly after.

Roles:
Townie, Miller
Detective, Doctor, JOAT
Godfather, Mafia Goon, Roleblocker
2 roles are unknown

TBT Unofficial Mafia XXVII: Shadowrun: Dragonfall (Host: Justice, Players: 15)
Confusion marked the beginning of the 27th unofficial mafia. Decisions swayed almost constantly, and resulted in a lot of indecision on town’s part. The mafia, however, became caught up in the indecision and couldn’t capitalize on it, leading to their demise. After the initial confusion, town had the numbers to slowly kill off the people who weren’t confirmed until they were guaranteed the win.

Roles:
Townie
Doctor, Vigilante, Cop, Veteran
Godfather, Roleblocker, Framer

TBT Unofficial Mafia XXVIII: 1984 Mafia (Host: Dolby, Players: 10)
If the indecision was bad last game, the 28th unofficial mafia had it even worse. While an easy game to adapt to, the finger of suspicion shifted almost constantly to the point where no one had any idea who was going to be lynched at the end of the day, even if someone had a majority on them. Those in the game can probably fondly recall the insanity that was D2, when someone was almost guaranteed to be lynched until everyone bandwagoned off of them onto a different person who wasn’t even brought up until an hour before the lynch occurred.

This game’s also known for being the first one where the game ended in a three person showdown. Town, surprisingly, identified itself, and were able to lynch the final mafian in the nick of time.

Roles:
Townie, Miller
Detective, Vigilante
Roleblocker, Mafia Goon

TBT Unofficial Mafia XXIX: DA: I (Host: Justice, Players: 15)
Winner: Mafia
The 29th unofficial mafia marked scum’s first break in a long, long time. After securing the lynch of the Vigilante, town trusted scum to lead the town, which resulted in anarchy, confusion, and even led to the lynch of the cop for outing his results on a mafian. The game ended bitterly though, with a modkill regarding a player allegedly playing against his wincon for laughs being the final numbers mafia needed to outnumber town.

Roles:
Townie
Vigilante, Cop, Doctor/Miller, Bodyguard
Mafia Goon, Roleblocker, Framer, Godfather

TBT Unofficial Mafia XXX: Greek Cultists (Host: Dolby, Players: 15)
The return of Cultists brought confusion to players, whom for the most part had never seen a set up like it before. They adapted quickly though, and after electing the Detective as their President, led to 2 consecutive lynches of cult leaders because of Cop scrys. Cult resigned shortly after losing their ability to nominate a new Cult Leader, yet they hung on a few more days from town confusion regarding Cult’s abilities.

This game also had quite a few modkills, but due to their early lead, these losses barely phased town.

Roles:
Townie
Detective/Mayor, Shirk, Vigilante, Vigilante, Granny, Researcher
Cult Leader/Researcher, Cult Member
Here were the few I was in. I might do the raw data for some of the ones after this (or maybe before this if I knew where the first game like the ones we're doing now start. Seems like its Sins mafia but idk. I digress), but I'd really prefer it if someone who was in the game themselves did the description, since they'd have the best idea of what's going on.

Last edited:
Like how you formatted each game with text changes and stuff, but I think I figured out a way to find out so nvm

Good luck doing that for all the unofficials that kicked off after the mods stopped caring about mafia and Oath got banned.

when did oath get banned?

- - - Post Merge - - -

is there a wiki post for the happening?

Back