Yellow Balloon
New Year's Party Popper
Dreamy Party Popper
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
I recently re-acquired perfect town status surprisingly quick due to a recent observation I made. I haven't played the New Leaf in over 2 years and recently got back into it in the past week so I don't remember exactly how I lost it in the past. I somehow regained Perfect Town Status even though I know for a fact that I have more than 200 trees (206 after doing a "tree census" and doing deductions [replacing trees with bushes/flowers] until Isabelle told me that my town was "the best town ever") which is a figure that is considered the max value in all the sources I have read. I also noticed in certain sources that Perfect Towns are determined based on a point system and that PWPs affect the points in different ways (oil rigs causing a high deduction while the flower clock causing a huge increase). Additionally, I noticed that flower count is important as well, but doesn't count anymore after 75 flowers (I definitely have way more than 75). I guess my question in short is if it is possible to gain perfect town status with more than 200 trees or did I miscount really badly or did the update alter certain aspects of how a Perfect Town is determined? I do have the flower clock and many other PWPs that greatly affect citizen satisfaction positively so I am definitely wondering if it is possible to have a surplus of points that negates the penalty caused by excess trees. Is it possible?

Here's my list of PWPs (if this helps):

- Flower Clock
- Hot Spring
- Campfire
- Water Pump
- Lighthouse
- Windmill
- Totem Pole
- Iron Bench
- Fountain (small)
- Fountain (big)
- Rice Rack
- Picnic Blanket
- Zen Bench
- Zen Bell
- Zen Clock
- Zen Streetlight (x 5)
- Zen Bridges (x 2) (not sure if this affects the points)
- Zen Townhall/Gate (not sure if this affects the points)
- Plank Bridge (not sure if this affects the points)
- Moai Statue
- Stonehenge
- Tiki Torch (x 2)
- Stone Tablet
- White Wood Bench
- Well
- Reset Center (not sure if this affects the points)
- Police Station (not sure if this affects the points)
- Cafe (not sure if this affects the points)
- Campsite (not sure if this affects the points)
- All Downtown-related PWPs (except Katrina's shop) (not sure if this affects the points)

Last edited:
I’m 100% sure that you can’t get perfect town with more then 200 trees. Only 110-200. no more, no less

I’m 100% sure that you can’t get perfect town with more then 200 trees. Only 110-200. no more, no less

I figured that was the case, but I just don't know if my counting is that inaccurate. :/ If you want, you are welcomed to visit my town (especially since I haven't had company in a while)! :D

I figured that was the case, but I just don't know if my counting is that inaccurate. :/ If you want, you are welcomed to visit my town (especially since I haven't had company in a while)! :D

I just saw that you visited my dream town, thanks! And do you mean physically? Or do you mean by dream address? Either is fine. I would be glad to! (I haven’t had visitors in a few days)

I just saw that you visited my dream town, thanks! And do you mean physically? Or do you mean by dream address? Either is fine. I would be glad to! (I haven’t had visitors in a few days)

I definitely did and you are welcome! :D I'll be posting my DA in the near future, but you are more than welcome to actually visit if you want! :) Just send me a PM so we can figure out a time to meet up since I can't really meet up tonight. o/

I've had a perfect town for over a year and don't have anywhere near 100 trees.

That is really cool that you have the opposite case! How many trees would you say you have Stackhouse and which PWPs do you have?

I definitely did and you are welcome! :D I'll be posting my DA in the near future, but you are more than welcome to actually visit if you want! :) Just send me a PM so we can figure out a time to meet up since I can't really meet up tonight. o/
Ok, I usually start playing first thing in the morning at 1:30pm-3:30pm (I’m a night owl so I wake up at that time I will get to it later) then take a little break around 5:00pm until later in the day, then I will play again around 8-9pm until 1-5am. So around those times or someother is good. Sorry for a huge paragraph :p

That is really cool that you have the opposite case! How many trees would you say you have Stackhouse and which PWPs do you have?

Unless bushes count?
I have loads of those, and a ton of flowers.

I have 30 Pwp's, and around 80 trees.

None of the Pwp's are the negative ones.

Ok, I usually start playing first thing in the morning at 1:30pm-3:30pm (I’m a night owl so I wake up at that time I will get to it later) then take a little break around 5:00pm until later in the day, then I will play again around 8-9pm until 1-5am. So around those times or someother is good. Sorry for a huge paragraph :p

What time zone are you in (so I can get a good idea of how it is with my time)? I recommend we take this conversation to PM so we can stay on topic here. ;)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Unless bushes count?
I have loads of those, and a ton of flowers.

I have 30 Pwp's, and around 80 trees.

None of the Pwp's are the negative ones.

Bushes fortunately do not count (would suck for me since I have a ton of bushes as well). Knowing that you have around 80 trees (which is a very big difference to the commonly accepted minimum), could you possibly attempt to get an exact count and list the PWPs you have (just for curiosity sake)?

You do have a lot of PWP, should be fine if there is a balance between abundant living and abundant nature. (I haven't checked).
You need a balance between the two.

Trees (taken from Liquefy's faq) you need over 110 but no more than 200 (for PTS) - palm trees & bamboo count towards this max as do dead perfect fruit trees (those that have lost their leaves) but bushes don't. Flowers - at least 76.

I guess you know this as you replaced some trees with bushes in the 1st attempt to get PTS?
Can some things negate the negative effect of other things such as over 200 trees/bamboo/palms - well I think this was the case in acww/aaccf, not heard of it with respect to acnl.
In previous games you could get away with say xtra items on the ground by adding more flowers. I don't know if it works in acnl.

Are you trying for PTS having had it in the past, not played for a while & lost it?
One of the other factors does seem to be villagers, so any leaving or changing positions can effect PTS? I presume in the meantime you have had a change of villager houses.

Personally I would try taking out just one tree/bamboo/palm and going back to Isabelle and see if that gives you PTS again. If not, take out one more and return to Isabelle.

For reference:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/3ds/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/faqs/65246 - PTS Sections 63/64 in great detail - lists all the PWP by nature & abundant living.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Something odd has happened when I posted - sorry if this turns out to be a double post, sort of similar to Stackhouse?

You do have a lot of PWP, should be fine if there is a balance between abundant living and abundant nature. (I haven't checked).
You need a balance between the two.

Trees (taken from Liquefy's faq) you need over 110 but no more than 200 (for PTS) - palm trees & bamboo count towards this max as do dead perfect fruit trees (those that have lost their leaves) but bushes don't. Flowers - at least 76.

I guess you know this as you replaced some trees with bushes in the 1st attempt to get PTS?
Can some things negate the negative effect of other things such as over 200 trees/bamboo/palms - well I think this was the case in acww/aaccf, not heard of it with respect to acnl.
In previous games you could get away with say xtra items on the ground by adding more flowers. I don't know if it works in acnl.

Are you trying for PTS having had it in the past, not played for a while & lost it?
One of the other factors does seem to be villagers, so any leaving or changing positions can effect PTS? I presume in the meantime you have had a change of villager houses.

Personally I would try taking out just one tree/bamboo/palm and going back to Isabelle and see if that gives you PTS again. If not taking out one more and going back to Isabelle.

For reference:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/3ds/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/faqs/65246 - PTS Sections 63/64 in great detail - lists all the PWP by nature & abundant living.

Last edited:
Back