• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Not A Lot of New Villagers?

Cosmic_Crossfade

•~You are my sun, moon and stars~°
Bells
Switch
5896-9847-9174
Hey everyone! I hope you are all doing well and enjoying your summer to the best you can! Stay safe! ☺️

So I was thinking. There really wasn't very much new villagers added to this game and while I know we have a bunch to choose from already, I often feel that if Pokemon can have about 900 Pokemon, than so can ACNH but with villagers haha!

The only new ones that I know of were Megan, Sherb, Raymond, Axel and Judy, with maybe a few more? I'm hoping that maybe as time goes on, they will give us an update with more new villagers and possible new species and personality types! I think that would be pretty cool!

What are your thoughts on this?

Axel isn't new. There's one new villager per personality type. your list is missing Cyd (cranky), Dom (jock), Reneigh (sisterly) and Audie (peppy).
There should have been more, tho. don't know why they decided to give us only 8 new ones.

I would also love morrrre! The first thing i wanted to know about when the game was announced was the new villagers. I was hoping for many new ones as well as a new personality maybe.

Axel is actually old news XD There are 8 new villagers as posted above, one for each personality. The new jock is Dom the sheep, not Axel.

i think new villagers & species would be cool but i think id die if they gave us a new personality type. imo, uchi and smug are both rly lacking and i would like for them to have more villagers in those personalities rather than get more personality types which also lack in villagers. i also feel like they've mostly covered their bases with all the "archetypes", so i dont rly see the need for more bc of that.

I think it would be really cool to have new villagers or bring back old villagers like Pierre and such. I don’t know if they will add any in future updates though. I also really wish they had added a new villager personality type or at the VERY least some more varied dialogue. I think the repetitiveness of the villagers is a big problem

I think it would be really cool to have new villagers or bring back old villagers like Pierre and such. I don’t know if they will add any in future updates though. I also really wish they had added a new villager personality type or at the VERY least some more varied dialogue. I think the repetitiveness of the villagers is a big problem
Yeah, it's almost a little hard for me to get attached to villagers because they feel so robotic and interchangeable. Whenever I play, I use my imagination to give them more personality lol

I was actually initially kinda disappointed there weren’t more new villagers and personally, I only liked one of the new villagers. I think maybe it’s for the best there weren’t more since more would mean it will be harder for me to find my favorite villagers without amiibo cards. I wasted over 116,000 worth of of NMTs trying to find Raymond on an island yesterday ><. Kept seeing a couple villagers multiple times.

I do like the idea of having more personality types, different animal types for villagers and more villagers, but since I’m struggling to get one villager I want, I would like other updates to the game before this.

I was hoping they would add more villagers since it's been so many years since New Leaf. I can imagine that they might bring back some retired villagers in a future update. I bet this would probably be around the same time they release a new amiibo series.

This is what I think would happen when they release Raymond's amiibo:

"Hey guys! We have just made an amiibo card for Ray- Oop they're all sold out"

Yes pls Amen but maybe tomorrow I will be out for a bit

Last edited:
Personally I'm happy they didn't add too many new villagers because there are already too many I want. In Pokemon you can get them all, but in AC you can only get 10 unless you have another island ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . I already had a long list of villagers I like and wanted to have on my island since I never got to have them in my NL town before starting NH, but now there are 7 villagers on my island who I never knew existed/didn't care about/disliked before but now like that I'm actually planning to keep. I'm also starting to want Judy and Raymond despite disliking them before so idk if I'll even be able to get any of the villagers I wanted before since I just don't have space and don't want to get rid of those 7 villagers atm.

What I wish is that we could get 15 villagers since I doubt I will make another character and we can get 8 (this would be optional since I know not everyone wants this and maybe after putting down a plot we can tear it down once a villager moves away too in case someone changes their mind), or that they made some of the normals uchis, peppies or snooties since there are way too many cute normals.

Although it would be nice if they brought back some of the villagers from previous games like Meow.

Last edited:
They should have made more new villagers and start working on the update to have Nintendo amiibo villagers in New Horizons like Ganon and Splatoon and more.

Yeah, this is my biggest disappointment. Especially after how big the custom villager scene was getting in New Leaf, and how easy it was to make your own villagers. The only reason for having so few new villagers in my mind is that they intend on adding more in updates. Especially since they said ACNH has been in development for 8 years! You really think the devs didn't idle some time in making cute new villagers at any point in 8 years!?

Also thinking back on the hype train before ACNH released. I think most people were most looking forward to seeing new villagers, and the biggest reveals were new characters. And yet we're here with 5 NPCs and 8 villagers, feels far too lacking after New Leafs huge addition of characters. - and even more so that 12 of these 13 were known pre-release!

Idk, I think there's plenty of villagers to choose from. Considering the small amount we can have and keep, I would find myself stressed out with even more new villagers I'd want. More than new faces, I want new personalities.

They gave hobbies, but each personality should have an A script and a B script. If you have one cranky, you randomly get either script A or B. If you get a second cranky, they automatically get the opposite script. If you get a third, they get a mix of A and B.

this is actually kind of irking me because every random camper is the exact same as the villagers that my friend already had/has in their village sooo if i allow or ask them to say, we both have the same villagers. its just lazy programming if you ask me.

As others have mentioned, it really is disappointing that there weren't any new villagers added. But I feel that another main concern is personality types. I'm kinda sick of seeing lazy and peppy in my town, but 8 personality types is absurd. They could add more and I would definitely feel that it would spice up the game more. It also would allow for more villagers to be added on.

An example would be a future update adding a new villager personality and with that they could also add 12 or so new villagers along with the personality traits.

I will add though, that it would seem that Nintendo isn't adding too many new villagers because you can only hold a max capacity of 10 villagers. I personally don't have the heart to kick off my villagers even if I don't like them, since I've grown with them. Although I will kick em out if it's for a dreamie of mine, but I have all 6 of my dream villagers so I wouldn't mind searching for 4 more villagers I may like.

Back