Nintendo Switch General Discussion

Really tempted to sell all my wii u stuff and buy a switch, no other way to get money ;0

im having trouble connecting my switch to the internet.
All our other devices and such is connected and the internets all strong, even when i type things up manually, it still doesnt work.

Any help with this? :3 thank you!

I had this issue too. You have to access your internet and disable security on it, then mine was able to connect to my internet when it didn't have any security. Then I had to tweak different security settings until I was able to find one that worked with the Switch.

Nintendo UK store has now not only messed up hundreds, if not thousands of orders, and closed their contact lines early to boot. This is gonna be a fun email-writing time :)

Yesterday, my Switch hardware preorder reached in Qu?bec and it's currently in transit. Since Canada Post never operates on weekends, I guess they'll continue carrying it to the final destination on Monday, and then deliver it on Tuesday morning.

During the very same day, I've also managed to get a physical copy of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild from a vintage video game store. There were only 2 copies of it, along with one for Just Dance 2017 and Super Bomberman R, and one set of Grey Joy-Cons. My nearest The Source retailer only had one copy of that Bomberman game sitting on a random shelf.

While I can't go wrong with this game, the game's value for money doesn't exactly compels me to buy it now. $65 CAD is a tough sell for a game that seems to be enjoyable design-wise, but plays safe and offers less content. I guess I could wait for a price drop to $30 or even less.

Snipperclips looks like a fun game to play with a partner beside you and a good way to bond. Tried the demo on the eshop. I'll probably end up buying it on a later time :)

So my boyfriend and I managed to get the Switch yesterday, along with BOTW and Super Bomberman R. And boy, this thing is so small. It's just a little bigger than a cellphone! We did an unboxing video, and we explored the UI. Such a clean interface. Adding users is a piece of cake. And the fact that it's region-free is pretty sweet! And the games run so smoothly, too! Definitely worth getting!

I got the Switch yesterday! I'm incredibly happy. My dad went to Walmart on the way to work in the morning and managed to pick one up. I got the version with the grey joy-cons, I just thought it looked more sleek. I also picked up Breath of the Wild and 1-2 Switch. And a carrying case (because I'm planning on taking the tablet places) Breath of the Wild is FANTASTIC. And 1-2 Switch is a lot of fun if you have people to play with! Overall I'm really enjoying the console.

Managed to get my hands on a neon switch on release day and I've spent many hours playing BotW this weekend. I absolutely love it so far - there's just so much to do! Despite the hours I've spent playing the game, I haven't progressed in the main quest line very far cause I just got lost in exploring and discovering all the little things you can do. So much fun! The only downside so far were performance issues. I knew about the frame drops in docked mode but the fact that no one really mentioned that the resolution is being lowered instead of the frame rate in portable mode surprised me. Everyone kept talking about how much better the performance was in portable mode but lowering the resolution to avoid frame drops is just another performance issue imo. I love the Switch and the game but I'd be lying if I said it doesn't bother me considering I just bought a brand new console/game. Anyways - I downloaded the SnipperClips demo today and I can't wait to test it with the bf, it looks like a lot of fun :D

Happy switching, everyone!

Something I thought about the other day. The switch doesn't have a camera, right? And the QR code thingy with patterns was used often by many players. IF there will be an AC for the switch, I wonder what would happen to the QR code machine. I can't imagine it not being in the game considering it's popularity. Maybe you could use a phone app for it? Or something? What do you guys think?

I like the switch and BotW very much. Looking forward to Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey also. Now they just need to announce an AC game.

im having trouble connecting my switch to the internet.
All our other devices and such is connected and the internets all strong, even when i type things up manually, it still doesnt work.

Any help with this? :3 thank you!

Does the Switch even detect your wireless router to begin with? If your password's encryption type is TKIP, then Switch won't show any SSID using that particular encryption. I had to change the encryption type on my wireless router to AES, and every device including Switch can now connect to the Internet.

i cant find any available :< I went to best buy yesterday and they said they were sold out. They said to give my email so that they could alert me when they are in stock xD

i cant find any available :< I went to best buy yesterday and they said they were sold out. They said to give my email so that they could alert me when they are in stock xD

Just put in an Amazon order, unless you're desperate for one quickly.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Something I thought about the other day. The switch doesn't have a camera, right? And the QR code thingy with patterns was used often by many players. IF there will be an AC for the switch, I wonder what would happen to the QR code machine. I can't imagine it not being in the game considering it's popularity. Maybe you could use a phone app for it? Or something? What do you guys think?

Just use an online system, I guess.

Can you share a physical switch game between two switch consoles?

Back