• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Nintendo Direct February 13th 2PM PST

Me on the other hand, absolutely detested Wild World but loved City Folk.

well, I mean it clearly worked for people, so hey

I just personally didn't want what I felt was just Wild World 1.5 after having already spent so much time on that game. Didn't help that I found the majority of City Folk's new stuff (items excluded) to be rather mediocre at best, and outright bad at worst. Also, I'm still salty to this day about them removing the best new feature from Wild World (villager portraits).

But yeah, that aside, I think the other main reason why I'm worried about following New Leaf too closely, is that while I love the game, playing it for as much as I have has really shown me what I'd consider its flaws.

I think somewhat simply put, that while New Leaf is absolutely amazing for the creativity aspect of Animal Crossing, the personality of the game has suffered tremendously compared to the others before it imo. Not even just talking stuff like cranky villagers not really being jerks anymore, but even how the game overall presents itself with stuff like most all the notable buildings being regulated to main street and special NPCs being mostly locked into a single area. It just ends up feeling rather sterilized, I'd say.

Though at least in the case of Main Street, they could hopefully ease up some on that. Since that was clearly done to give players more space in their towns for PWPs. But Animal Crossing Switch should hopefully not have to worry as much about that, as the system should be able to handle larger towns.

Last edited:
Hopefully we'll get some info on Dragon Quest XI S and Dragon Quest Builders 2.

I’m so happy today has gone by fast. I can’t wait to hear about it and hopefully we get an announcement

I am excited
beg6qe.jpg

Oh look at that, a screenshot of Animal Crossing Switch leaked.
cGsjdKf.jpg

Coming exclusively to Playstation VR, 2020

(80 minutes to go!!)

Edit: Reading the crazy thread on Resetera, another noteable but very seldom heard from industry vet left a vague comment about how today was going to be fun.

Makes me wonder if that "fun" is going to be due to outrage or from shear excitement the announcements cause.

Last edited:
I think we are getting more fruit because pocket camp for three new ones. And pocket camp has made new flowers too along with furniture so i think whatever they added to pocket camp should be in the switch, its only fair.

You realize only the grape was new? the other fruits were what I call the perfect variations of a lychee and lemon

I'm honestly not expecting any AC Switch related stuff, because it seems a bit too soon to show off any info. Its just me.

Haven't been this hyped for a direct in a long time. We'll we haven't had a direct in a long time but that's beside the point.

We could possibly be just minutes away from seeing the new Animal Crossing for the first time. Hype!

WELCOME BACK TO SUP- SUPER MARIO MAKER (2)!

WELCOME BACK TO SUP-

AZHQWSNQAJNJAN (let's see how many gets the reference...)

Animal Crossing is basically the reason I'm willing to sit through half an hour of trailers for games I don't care for each Direct. Oh well, this is fun.

Back