• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Nintendo Direct February 13th 2PM PST

I think we are getting more fruit because pocket camp for three new ones. And pocket camp has made new flowers too along with furniture so i think whatever they added to pocket camp should be in the switch, its only fair.

Yeah, if we get a trailer today I'll definitely be looking for whether any Pocket Camp items are hidden anywhere.

I'm very nervous of AC for the Switch so I'm dying for a trailer or at least more information.

I don't know, I was just severely disappointed with the way Pokemon Let's Go was handled and have been worrying over whether or not AC 2k19 will take too many influences from Pocket Camp.

I'm very nervous of AC for the Switch so I'm dying for a trailer or at least more information.

I don't know, I was just severely disappointed with the way Pokemon Let's Go was handled and have been worrying over whether or not AC 2k19 will take too many influences from Pocket Camp.

SAME i reeeeally love new leaf and im really scared they screw things up with a lot of stuff i personally dont like
esp. a lot of pocket camp stuff :c

That's understandable, but again you gotta look at the differences between Nintendo and Game Freak.

Game Freak intentionally did Let's Go like that to pull in the Gen 1 hold outs and those that have only experienced Pokemon through Go. They WANTED the mobile crowd and were willing to stick their neck in the noose in order to do so, which was also why they kept insisting that Gen 8 was still happening in 2019, to quell the louder hardcore fans.

Nintendo on the other hand has gone on the record a few times by saying that their mobile games exist to attract new customers to the consoles in order to experience the full game that the mobile effort only offered in a derivative form.

I really don’t like how in Pocket Camp they made you search for items and just want things. I like the style of new leaf and how its been so i hope they stick to that and don’t disapoint

Yeah I wouldn't worry TOO much about the mobile game aspects of Pocket Camp seeping into Switch. Pocket Camp is one of the purest forms of mobile game toxicity out there right now.

That said, stuff like new furniture and the camera mode that's present in the app would be welcomed additions to the mainline game, especially if they give us full camera control this time around.

It's very telling of how much things have changed for the series since then, when it's now one of the most anticipated releases and they would never do something like that now.

Worth noting this was the very first 'real' trailer for the game too, other than a 5 second clip before, and they still gave it that treatment.

gosh this trailer tho... the trees man... im glad they changed that haha

Nintendo on the other hand has gone on the record a few times by saying that their mobile games exist to attract new customers to the consoles in order to experience the full game that the mobile effort only offered in a derivative form.

They definitely said that, but it doesn't really appear to be the case anymore based on their actual actions with Pocket Camp after launch. Started off really chill and lax on the IAPs and then they just cranked up the dials 6 months after launch when it wasn't working out. (fortune cookies, harder events with LT items) How does that attract people to the franchise? You'd think it would repel them to be honest.

They definitely said that, but it doesn't really appear to be the case anymore based on their actual actions with Pocket Camp after launch. Started off really chill and lax on the IAPs and then they just cranked up the dials 6 months after launch when it wasn't working out. (fortune cookies, harder events with LT items) How does that attract people to the franchise? You'd think it would repel them to be honest.

That's very true. But still, I can't see worrying too much about Pocket Camp infecting the mainline game in any substantial or poisoning way. At least not outside the 30 minute wait that already exists(or existed) for a piece of furniture to be customized.

I wanna believe Nintendo is smarter than that.

ok, but when will they add a gacha with ssr tom nook (original) as the first rate-up?

also, people worried about it taking too much from pocket camp, while here I'm worried it will follow new leaf too closely

ok, but when will they add a gacha with ssr tom nook (original) as the first rate-up?

also, people worried about it taking too much from pocket camp, while here I'm worried it will follow new leaf too closely

I think it's probably because most people (that I know, anyway) love New Leaf but dislike Pocket Camp.

And here I have been willing to settle for a New Leaf DX for the last two years.

And here I have been willing to settle for a New Leaf DX for the last two years.

To be honest I love New Leaf so I wouldn't mind if the new game takes a lot of influences from it, though I'm obviously hoping they make it its own thing with new features.

To be honest I love New Leaf so I wouldn't mind if the new game takes a lot of influences from it, though I'm obviously hoping they make it its own thing with new features.

Same here. I had just been wanting an Animal Crossing announcement ever since the Switch came out that I was in the "Making a deal with the devil" stage of insanity when I was telling myself that I'd settle for an HD version of New Leaf. :p

I know what DX stands for....

but alright then

personally glad they so far haven't gone that route, since that's a lot what I'd consider City Folk to of been like with Wild World, which was a big part of why I hated that game

Last edited:
I know what DX stands for....

but alright then

personally glad they so far haven't gone that route, since that's a lot what I'd consider City Folk to of been like with Wild World, which was a big part of why I hated that game

Me on the other hand, absolutely detested Wild World but loved City Folk.

I've just been so willing to accept the bare minimum after having waited since late 2016 when I stopped playing New Leaf(and my 3DS as a whole) that I'm still not completely sure what I want. Heck, there's a chance what we see today might not be enough, who knows.

I honestly would get a bit disappointed if the new AC was just a "deluxe" version of New Leaf. I went from the original game to New Leaf, skipping both Wild World and City Folk/Let's Go To The City. That was quite a leap. I guess I'm kind of expecting an equally big leap this time.

Back