• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Night time nostalgia?

Drawdler

Profile comments open to water flowers 💐✨
Bells
Switch
4463-2469-1897
Island
Gondwana
White Pansy
White Pansy
Purple Violet
White Violet
Yellow Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Golden Watering Can
You guys remember staying up at night looking for things to do in the old games? It feels nostalgic to me even though there wasn’t a lot to do.

For Wild World-

I didn’t play with friends other than my dad at the time, though we never played together at night, so I was just playing myself. Honestly I would time travel to midday a lot, but it being night irl still gave that a certain mood. I was scared of tarantulas and scorpions at the time, so I did way more fishing than anything and honestly didn’t know beetles and tarantulas/scorpions were that lucrative.

I can imagine that catching bugs with friends was a lot of fun tho.

I still loved the night music and being awake from 1 am - 6 am was so jarring and felt special since it wasn’t normal for me as a kid. Getting up super early hearing 6 am for the first time I fell in love with that music and started playing the game time travelling to 6 am sometimes to hear it.

Whenever there were fireworks that was the best. It felt like a party.

New Leaf was obviously beetles on the island all the time lol. Kinda relaxing but got old after a while.

I remember staying up at night in New Leaf for the Tortimer Island beetles too during spring, autumn, and winter seasons. I avoided summer nights because of the tarantula and scorpion encounters which I found scary back then.

8 PM is also one of the best hourly music New Leaf has offered besides 5 PM music.
(New Leaf hourly music is the best out of all Animal Crossing games, in my opinion.)

Wild Word's night soundtrack was just the best. I'd stay up late playing all time. If no one had their gate open, I'd open mind and just watch the sky and enjoy the music while trying not to fall asleep.

In New Leaf during 2013-2014 I remember playing at/until night with my friend though usually we'd stop at around 11 PM which made that hourly song become memorable.
Then in 2018-2020 I went to Club Tortimer in the middle of the night a lot. I cannot remember what else I did but there was probably something.

I only played solo in WW. It was one I played mostly at night.
I remember laying on the couch trying to fall asleep and would play the game instead. WW is probably my favorite from my childhood.

In NL it was mostly late night decorating or fishing.

I play a lot during the night because I’m an insomniac. Animal Crossing is so peaceful during the night hours. Has the best soundtracks too, in my opinion.

I don't remember a bunch about me playing games late I KNOW I DID A FEW TIMES BUT I just have really bad memory<\\3 There was a time though where i stood up to see if Cyrus would wake up (My friends and I concluded that he was a vampire and that's why he was always sleeping when I played..) I tried waking him up until Re-Tail closed for the night XDD

I mostly remember playing wild world and city folk late at night. Talking to the last villager that was awake and fishing. Eventually that villager would go to bed and that was typically when I called it a night. It was so fun though and I do have a lot of nostalgia attached to that. It’s funny how we all have a similar experience.

new leaf nightly beetle hunting and peacefully fishing was so nice.

in general though, nighttime is my second favorite time to play animal crossing (only being beaten by rainy days)

I was awake due to a family emergency at the time, so I turned on my 3DS and played some New Leaf in hopes of calming myself down. Paula was wandering the museum, and it just felt so nice to see a friendly face. This was before she made me mildly upset during the Bug Off and I started looking for reasons to kick her out of town.

I don’t have that many memories for Wild World but the nighttime hourly themes are really nostalgic and comforting excluding 4am and 9pm. I remember being up at 11pm in New Leaf just catching bugs in the summer and trying for SO LONG to catch a fricking scarab beetle in New Horizons

You guys remember staying up at night looking for things to do in the old games? It feels nostalgic to me even though there wasn’t a lot to do.

For Wild World-

I didn’t play with friends other than my dad at the time, though we never played together at night, so I was just playing myself. Honestly I would time travel to midday a lot, but it being night irl still gave that a certain mood. I was scared of tarantulas and scorpions at the time, so I did way more fishing than anything and honestly didn’t know beetles and tarantulas/scorpions were that lucrative.

I can imagine that catching bugs with friends was a lot of fun tho.

I still loved the night music and being awake from 1 am - 6 am was so jarring and felt special since it wasn’t normal for me as a kid. Getting up super early hearing 6 am for the first time I fell in love with that music and started playing the game time travelling to 6 am sometimes to hear it.

Whenever there were fireworks that was the best. It felt like a party.

New Leaf was obviously beetles on the island all the time lol. Kinda relaxing but got old after a while.

Oh I loved going on WiFi in ACWW on ACC. I had a great time just doing nothing at all.

i’m super nostalgic for beetle and shark farming in new leaf as well! going to tortimer’s island and beetle farming was one of my favourite things to do in new leaf. i was only 11 years old when new leaf released in NA, so i still had a bedtime lol, and i remember waiting until my parents went to bed and then hiding under my blanket with my 3ds so that i could continue playing new leaf at night and go beetle farming in real time
IMG_2750.png
every little noise i heard made me paranoid, and i had to quickly hide my 3ds and pretend to be asleep a lot, but it was worth it!

i miss those days 😅

I'm very very veeeeeeeeery nostalgic of night time in ACNL especially since we used to put the tropical island night time ost when my friends came over at my dads and we hung out in the pool late at night, it has a very special place in my heart.

I don't really remember much from playing the game late at night, though I'll mention that the 8PM music in New Leaf is probably the best in my opinion. It's nearly the type of song you would hear around a campfire with friends, just relaxing quietly, and feeling accomplished. It's very nostalgic for me, as it reminds me of simpler times before working IRL became a full-time thing for me.

12AM and 1AM from New Leaf are also memorable for me, mainly because of a Twitch streamer (Vinny from Vinesauce) who would almost always stream the game during those times, and actually made me want to get and play New Leaf myself after a long hiatus from the series. I frequently revisit those archived full streams on YouTube over his New Horizons streams (which have a lot of virus references - the streams themselves are good, but I haven't revisited them since 2020 simply because of those real-life references making me very uncomfortable even to this day).

Back