• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Night Owl or Morning Lark?

Night Owl or Morning Lark?

• Total voters
Night owl, almost everytime I get up in the morning, I feel like going back to sleep.

I love it when there is sunlight outside ❤️ but am I awake for it? That is another issue... for later.

Night owl 🦉
I keep trying to fix my sleep schedule into something "normal", but it always gets derailed after a few weeks 😢

All day I'm drowsy and sluggish and can't make myself do anything, but when night rolls around, even though I'm still tired, I suddenly feel the need and energy boost to get things done!

And falling asleep during the day is always so much easier for me than at night! During the day I can fall asleep pretty quickly, but at night I feel extra anxious for some reason and my brain won't turn off 😩

i wish i was a morning lark, but i’ve always been a night owl. i feel the most relaxed at night; everyone is asleep, it’s quiet, i have no responsibilities and no one expecting me to do anything, and i can just chill quietly by myself in my room and do whatever i want. it’s a nice time for me to play games, work on my art, watch something etc without being disturbed.

my brain isn’t functional before 11am most days LOL, and i have a hard time falling asleep early enough to be a morning lark. i go to bed 2am - 6am most nights 😅

I'm a night owl but lately I've been trying to convert into a morning lark. I typically get most of my stuff done at night which isn't ideal because I currently lack productivity during the daytime. In high school especially I always crammed everything at night instead of using the time I had during the day.

Night owl for sure, I wish I was a morning lark but I find that I really can't function in the morning. Of course I will whenever necessary (ex work, class) but if I have the choice to sleep in, I definitely will lol. I've tried waking up early to get school work done but I'm never productive so I don't bother anymore. Unfortunately my schedule has been prety bad for the past few months, as I seem to go to bed betwee 3-6am 😅

Wow, so many night owls! I've always been a morning bird, I wake up around 4:00-5:00am. I like to give myself time to get ready for work (my work day starts at 7:00 am now, it used to be 6:30am). I like to enjoy my breakfast on time and not be in a rush getting ready before I head out. I like to have a routine, and my way of "sleeping in" on the weekends is... waking up at 6:00-7:00am lol 😅

I like being awake early in the morning, especially when it's quiet and still dark outside. 🌄 I'd like to vote for being a morning lark, but at the moment, it feels like "What is sleep?" is where I'm at! Maybe I'll change my vote to "morning lark" one day (but not right now)! 😊

Night Owl. I don't like getting up before 7am and I love staying up past 11pm.

Being an adult sucks sometimes. 😂

my sleep schedule is a disaster :’)

i’m definitely a night owl because that’s when i have energy to do things regardless of how much sleep i get (and i’m able to do my things in peace/without being called to do something), but i tend to not get much sleep

work nights are bad because i always tell myself i’m going to go to sleep before 12am, but most days i lose track of time because i don’t feel sleepy at night and only end up getting 3-4 hours of sleep ;; i’m always sleepy in the morning regardless of how much sleep i get but as soon as i get home from work i’m full of energy lol

I'm definitely an early bird, I feel like I am at full energy level once I am up and have had a shower and then my energy just depletes throughout the day as I get more tired. I also just love the feeling of early morning - I usually wake up at 6am (even on most weekend days) but want to start waking up earlier again as I love the quiet, calm feeling with the sunrise and no one else awake.

What is sleep? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more....

Nah, for real though, my sleep schedule has been messed up ever since I graduated from university. I'll go from sleeping well consistently for awhile to pulling all-nighters every other day. It's not healthy at all and is the one thing I struggle with the most right now.

That being said, I have the ability to be either a morning person or a night owl depending on what phase I'm in, so neither of the other options really fits me well to be honest.

However, as of typing this I've been on a good stretch of consistent rest, and I intend to continue that right now by.... going to sleep. 💤

I would say it varies. I get up really early but that's mostly for work because of the schedule. But on days I have off I stay up way later. I think both night and morning are great. I do a lot of hobbies outside. So that's not really something I can do when it's night/dark. Watching a movie or playing a game to me is more relaxing at night. It just depends.

I would say I am more of a morning person though.

I'm a night owl for sure. Going to bed early and waking up early is tough for me. It's hard for me to fall asleep when I have to go to sleep early

Back