• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Night Owl or Morning Lark?

Night Owl or Morning Lark?

• Total voters

OswinOswald

Bells
Switch
1920-3285-9320
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Black Hybrid Rose
Golden Watering Can
Red Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
I wish we knew more about sleep science and what makes us sleepy. And what sleep is good for anyway! In college, I remember some of my friends got paid to do sleep deprivation experiments to see how it affected decision making. But for some college students, sleep deprivation is a way of life (at my college everyone was pulling all-nighters regularly!) And for shift workers having a varied sleep schedule may be part of the lifestyle too. They say we each have some preference though, so what is yours?

i prefer night time. during the night, its cooler, and there are less people about, making it seem like there is a more relaxed atmosphere. i usually find myself staying awake until the early hours of the morning.

Last edited:
I'm technically a night owl, although because of insomnia I've been sleeping late and waking early so in practice I'm neither/both right now.

Last edited:
Nighttime is so much nicer than daytime, there's so much more peace and quiet and it's when I'm at my most energetic and creative. Unfortunately I have a job and somehow the morning people got to be in charge of scheduling working hours, so what usually happens is that I sleep a bit in the evening and a bit in the early morning at "whenever I'm tired o'clock."

I guess that puts me on team 'what is sleep' but I wish I could just stick to a nocturnal schedule.

i go to sleep at 10:00 or 11:00 if it’s friday or the weekend, i don’t know if that would be considered late. i try to wake up at 8:00 or 8:30 AM when i can, i feel like im more alert and productive than if i sleep more. monday through friday i have to wake up at 6:30 AM because of school but tbh i would wake up at the crack of dawn if i could. morning is relaxing to me.

I am more of a morning lark (didn't know that was the term for morning person) because that's how I am wired now. In the past it was the reverse and I used to stay up so late and sleep in. Now its get up or not money lol
Getting early has helped me though. Going to bed earlier and waking up earlier gives me more energy.

I guess that puts me on team 'what is sleep'
Mick - I just noticed your profile pic. Now I know you're out there, I'm definitely team "What is sleep?" (at least for the duration of the Carnival I guess)

Morning Lark? What the heck happened to Early Bird?

Anyway over the years since 2017 I found myself staying up at night more often than I sleep early, so I’m a night owl for sure.

I generally fall under 'what is sleep?' even though I love sleeping my schedule is awful - generally stay up late but get up early for work and even on days off I wake up early. Most of the time I do try and go to bed early enough to get a good amount of sleep in if I'm working the next morning but I just lie awake too much and then before I know it I've only had a couple of hours sleep and it's time to get up 😭

definitely more of an night owl, but I really want to start being more of a morning person. I find when I wake up early some days I almost always end up taking a nap during the afternoon, not sure if that’s better than staying up late and taking no naps lol. I definitely get a lot more done when I wake up early though.

Definitely a night owl.

The world's too noisy during the day, and I just can't focus. I'm also not fond of sunlight, my eyes seem to be very sensitive to sunlight.

I used to be a night owl but in the past year I've switched to a morning person. I give my partner a ride to school in the morning so I'm up by 7:30 usually.

My sleep schedule changes around at times, but I am mostly a night owl. I love nighttime. I wish humans were nocturnal in general.

Morning lark for sure. I am more productive in the morning, waking up at 6 to 7 am each day. I am tired as hell after 11pm.

Back