• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

NEW Nintendo 3DS (& XL)

aw, i was bummed out when I noticed that the white one is only the regular 3ds not the xl & that the covers only work for the regular sized one :-(

I got my New 3DS XL last month

It's pretty cool, nice blue color.

It is pretty lighter compared to the regular 3ds XL, the sound button is on the top screen on the left, all in Japanese (I can understand most), the extra tiny game pad button above the A,B,X, and Y buttons is extremely tiny and weird, like it's unmovable

IT'S SO GOOD, also in the Japanese version, the keyboard has lots of more stuff compared to the American version, so that;s good on my part.

All of my games (except for 4) are digital and on my 32GB SD Card. So I will NOT be able to use my SD Card in this new model?

All of my games (except for 4) are digital and on my 32GB SD Card. So I will NOT be able to use my SD Card in this new model?

You can just buy a new Micro SD card and transfer everything in to there. It's not that hard.

To all the Americans wanting a non-XL New Nintendo 3DS: my sincere condolences.
I don't know why they are just releasing that version there, while the rest of the world gets both versions.

To all the Americans wanting a non-XL New Nintendo 3DS: my sincere condolences.
I don't know why they are just releasing that version there, while the rest of the world gets both versions.

My guess is the whole logistics of ensuring there's plenty of X faceplate to meet demand. Not only that but convincing retailers to stock that when shelf space is better reserved for actual games or the hundreds of Skylanders, Amiibos, and DisInfinity characters. It sucks for those that want it, but I always planned going XL anyways. It does make me wonder though, if the New 3DS regular isn't coming at all then does the regular 3DS simply go away once all stock is gone?

Wait, so are 3DS XL SD cards/system transfer compatible with the new XL or not?. I just have the Toshiba one that came with mine, and Fantasy Life is on there. oooops. If not, well now is the time for me to learn how to transfer things from SD to another SD.

Wait, so are 3DS XL SD cards/system transfer compatible with the new XL or not?. I just have the Toshiba one that came with mine, and Fantasy Life is on there. oooops. If not, well now is the time for me to learn how to transfer things from SD to another SD.
No. You'll need to transfer the files currently on your SD card to your PC, then onto the microSD for the New 3DS.
The New 3DS doesn't take SD cards, only microSD.

- - - Post Merge - - -

My guess is the whole logistics of ensuring there's plenty of X faceplate to meet demand. Not only that but convincing retailers to stock that when shelf space is better reserved for actual games or the hundreds of Skylanders, Amiibos, and DisInfinity characters. It sucks for those that want it, but I always planned going XL anyways. It does make me wonder though, if the New 3DS regular isn't coming at all then does the regular 3DS simply go away once all stock is gone?
I would assume so. I guess with the XL they at least can sell the special editions, but it seems like a waste to take away customization from such a large audience.

No. You'll need to transfer the files currently on your SD card to your PC, then onto the microSD for the New 3DS.
The New 3DS doesn't take SD cards, only microSD.
So copy anything FL related on to my Mac, then when I do get the new 3DS, copy it from my Mac to the MicroSD?, got it. Shame it doesn't take SD cards though.

I was legitimately contemplating trading in my XL for the regular New 3DS but no faceplates means no deal. I was even going to order those cute eyeball faceplates from Japan.

Logistics be damned, NoA is going to miss out on a real moneymaker.

Ugh, I'm sort of wishing I hadn't bought my JP N3DS, it was worth it when I got it as I used it a ton but now I'm working I haven't used it since before Christmas and am instead using my old XL (since it is in English and when I'm tired after work I don't want to be wracking my brain to work out what stuff means with my shaky Japanese...) I'm probably going to sell it but with the imminent English release I doubt I'll get a good price on it, I mean I'll be selling it with a 32gb micro sd vs the 4gb bundled micro sd and with a charger which I bought separately so I dunno if that would make it sell for a bit more... i got it for $207.20 (?136.51 with the current exchange rate), the new micro sd cost ?20 (from the sales) and the charger was ?10, if I bundled everything together how much do you guys think I could sell it for? I'm not going to get an English N3DS though since my XL is doing great so I don't mind if I don't make as much as a new one would cost...
Any price ideas would be nice as I'm having to compare with new, sealed JP N3DSs.

Tldr; planning on selling my JP N3DS and need price ideas,
Pros:
Has a charger
Has a 32gb micro sd
Cons:
Used (but looks brand new)
Imminent release of English version.

Why isn't anybody talking about the eternal struggle that's involved when trying to decide which one to buy..

new_nintendo_3ds_monster_hunter_bundle_us.jpg

new_nintendo_3ds_majoras_mask_bundle.jpg

new_nintendo_3ds_marketing_material.jpg

which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?which one?

I really want the Majora's Mask one! It would go nicely with my LBW gold XL ;)

I would love the MM one too, but it's completely sold out online, unless you count the crazy overpriced ones on ebay. I might just try my local EB Games to see if they can still pre-order there.

I'm seriously bummed that they're not releasing the regular n3DS in North America, at least not yet. While I may still get the XL, I'm not too fond of the larger size.

SKRREEEEE
Problems.
My BDAY is months away,
I don't know which to pick!! [i'll prolly get majoras mask >3<]
How am I gonna transfer my games to the new one? I mean I can't abandon ACNL D:
PROOBLEMMSSSS
I'd say the new 3ds is a solid 7/10, got it's flaws but it gr9er than the 3ds c:

SKRREEEEE
Problems.
My BDAY is months away,
PROOBLEMMSSSS
I'd say the new 3ds is a solid 7/10, got it's flaws but it gr9er than the 3ds c:

perform a system transfer?

problem solved

SKRREEEEE
Problems.
My BDAY is months away,
PROOBLEMMSSSS
OMG I KNOW MY BDAY IS 2 DAYS BEFORE

MM for da win!

Back