• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Necessities in a Town Map.

Farobi

not a bad member
Bells
Switch
7016-2649-0314
Isabelle
Leaf Ticket Easter Egg
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
Coco
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
Peach (Fruit)
Waluigi Easter Egg
The Bell Tree Fair 2014 Patch
Classic Easter Egg
Gold Super Mailbox
After I giveaway a bunch of my villagers, I am going to reset my file. Since the whole reason I wanted to reset was because of my town map, I would like to know the community's opinions on particular aspects of a map?such as the number of ponds, the placement of the Town Hall/Plaza/Re-Tail, or the curvature of a river :L

And I know it's my game and i should play the way blah blah?NO, none of that. I just want to know whether a particular map layout is good for PWPs or not. So please help me on figuring out on how to pick a good map ^_^

Normally a good layout for PWPs is a not very windy river and a lot of open space, if this helps :)

For my main town, I really wanted a unique 'all to myself' place to put my house. The map also had to be even? like the river couldn't be vertical, so I made sure the river was in the middle of the map. I got a nice island kinda deal for my house and it just worked.

On my second town, which I use to time travel and host events like turnip spikes, holidays and special occasions, I wanted the re-tail to be right beside my train station and I wanted the town fruit to be peaches. I got what I wanted and I'm happy with it for now, but I've been thinking about resetting again to get apples instead of peaches but we'll see.

I got my map after a lot of resets.

I wanted these criterias:
1-2 ponds
plaza out of the way in a corner somewhere (takes up too much space)
Town hall could be anywhere as long as the plaza's not in front of it
re-tail close to docks would be preferable
a private beach
a secluded area for my home
cherries or apples
circle grass

My town map has the plaza in the middle with the river winding round it. I love it that way but it leaves less room. Visit my dream town if you like, its quite narrow in places but I have a lot of pwp and a fair bit of space.

I would suggest a map with no narrow spots. On my first town, the river comes out of the left, makes a 90 degree turn, curves a little more back toward the left and then straight down to the sea. I've got a nice little neighborhood at the bottom of the map, and lots of open space at the top. I would also suggest Retail, the dock, and the City Hall being within quick, easy access of your house.

My two favourite map layouts include a very windy river actually.
I'll post a screenshot later.
It's really all about villager house (plus town hall, plaza and retail) placement for me though.

i really love my map.
it's in my signature in the spoiler, few houses have changed but having villagers in the corners is really helpful for a nice map for lots of PWP's xD

i assume you'll be doing the plot reset trick once you get the map you like?

Back