My Town is being Destroyed... Seeking consolation...

I'm glad you and your family and your boyfriend were okay. I got the shivers when I read this story...Thank goodness you're alright. I hope everything goes well for you.

Running on no sleep. Couldn't sleep. The place we evacuated too might have to be evacuated soon

Don't know where we're going yet or how were getting there. Middletown, the main town is all gone, burnt up. Roads are closed. Thank you all for the prayers and hope. Don't know what is going to happen.

Wildfires are horrible disasters. Is Middletown really gone completely with no building standing, or is that an exaggeration?

im so sorry this is happening to you and everybody in the area, it sounds like a terrifying experience. i honestly dont know what else to say, but stay safe and i hope things get better soon

Running on no sleep. Couldn't sleep. The place we evacuated too might have to be evacuated soon

Don't know where we're going yet or how were getting there. Middletown, the main town is all gone, burnt up. Roads are closed. Thank you all for the prayers and hope. Don't know what is going to happen.

wow..damn.. :( i really, really hope you make it through.

i'm not a religious person either but y'all are in my thoughts and i hope it works out in the end. i wish i could be with you now.

Last edited:
Im so sorry that this has happened to you. It's very good that you, your family, and your animals are safe! All of the material things can be replaced but you and them can't!! Everything will turn out okay! It may take a long time, or no time at all, but just remember that things take time, and time takes time! Stay safe!!!!!

I'm so sorry. It's rough up there right now, unfortunately. A few years ago 200 miles or so south of me, there was the biggest wildfire in texas in a long time, maybe ever. But be thankful for your family and some of your belongings being safe.

Oh my goodness... I'm glad at least you're safe and your animals are safe! I know many animals unfortunately are left behind and perish in fires... I really hope everything gets resolved and is ok soon! I guess maybe if it makes you feel better, you can try counting your blessings, since you have somewhere to stay right now and you're still with the people you love? ;-;

wow..damn.. :( i really, really hope you make it through.

i'm not a religious person either but y'all are in my thoughts and i hope it works out in the end. i wish i could be with you now.

Oh my god, my thoughts exactly. Hang in there :(((((

Oh man, that sounds really terrible :(

I know it's nowhere near the same, but my hometown is right on the sea, and some storms last year did some major damage and I was away and it was horrible seeing all the destruction on the news. I hope your community is pulling together and you all come out of this okay.

i am so so sorry about everything, im so sorry that this is happening to you -- im really glad everyones safe, though. i really, really hope things clear up soon, you have my prayers ;_; stay safe!!!

aw this is terrible. whats the cause of the fires?

I best explained it before. Here's how wildfires happen:

I believe what's causing these fires. What happens is that dry grass has a low ignition temperature, so it can start a fire if the sun bakes down some heat. Those were naturally made fires, and they spread uncontrollably.

The problem here is that California (the state the OP is from) has been in a horrible drought. When there is no rain, the plants, including grass and trees will dry out. You may have heard that dry wood burns better than wet wood when keeping yourself warm in the winter, right? This is true. Drier plants have a lower ignition temperature, which means they can burn a lot easier.

terrible_trio_by_justinitforcomments-d99iijz.png

This must be their work!!

Wildfires are horrible disasters. Is Middletown really gone completely with no building standing, or is that an exaggeration?

There are still some buildings standing. Lots of homes gone. A few businesses. My work is still standing. No idea when they're reopening.

- - - Post Merge - - -

aw this is terrible. whats the cause of the fires?

I best explained it before. Here's how wildfires happen:

The problem here is that California (the state the OP is from) has been in a horrible drought. When there is no rain, the plants, including grass and trees will dry out. You may have heard that dry wood burns better than wet wood when keeping yourself warm in the winter, right? This is true. Drier plants have a lower ignition temperature, which means they can burn a lot easier.

It's still under investigation. A few of the last fires have been set by arsonists. So we don't know yet if it was natural or not.

This is so heart breaking to read :( I can't imagine the horror of what you are experiencing and I sincerely hope the fires can be slowed and eventually stopped. You've always been such a fun member around here and I hope for the best for you and your loved ones. If they were really started by arsonists, I hope they're caught and get the punishments they rightfully deserve.

Stay strong, sadly this is mostly out of your control, but you have your loved ones and that's honestly a huge blessing. I'll be keeping you and the people of California in my thoughts <3

sorry for the awful pic, but this is my house right under the crosshaira. The orange line is the line where the fire went. Right under the line is our propane tank... Not sure how to feel about anything. They aren't letting people into the community.Screenshot_2015-09-13-21-24-41~2.jpg

Last edited:

At least you guys are safe and together. That's really all you can ask for right now. Stay together, and keep your stuff packed and ready to go. Not much else you can do.

- - - Post Merge - - -

sorry for the awful pic, but this is my house right under the crosshaira. The orange line is the line where the fire went. Right under the line is our propane tank... Not sure how to feel about anything. They aren't letting people into the community.

Last edited:
There are still some buildings standing. Lots of homes gone. A few businesses. My work is still standing. No idea when they're reopening.

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's still under investigation. A few of the last fires have been set by arsonists. So we don't know yet if it was natural or not.

In Texas during 2013, there was a burn ban among several counties because of the drought in 2011 and how it triggered wildfires. If they were arsonists, were they doing this because of California's state of drought? If it were natural, then I am pretty accurate about how they were caused.

I was reading through how the drought occurred. The water loss seemed more emotional to me than the wildfires. This drought would've still happened, but it wouldn't be that bad if the EPA didn't force California to release all their surplus water just to save a 3-inch fish that wouldn't function. The drought effects were at the worst in many areas.

When there is a drought like this, there should also be strict laws against using fires in the wilderness, including campfires. They should also take arson more seriously.

In Texas during 2013, there was a burn ban among several counties because of the drought in 2011 and how it triggered wildfires. If they were arsonists, were they doing this because of California's state of drought? If it were natural, then I am pretty accurate about how they were caused.

I was reading through how the drought occurred. The water loss seemed more emotional to me than the wildfires. This drought would've still happened, but it wouldn't be that bad if the EPA didn't force California to release all their surplus water just to save a 3-inch fish that wouldn't function. The drought effects were at the worst in many areas.

When there is a drought like this, there should also be strict laws against using fires in the wilderness, including campfires. They should also take arson more seriously.
You might be interested to know that wildfires have gotten worse because we stopped them. Notice how Smokey the Bear kind of disappeared? Turns out the land is made to burn. And not letting it burn just builds up fuel. The plant life is made to live shortly, and some depends on fire to reproduce. So what you get are a bunch of dead things. And when a fire happens there's way more to burn.

Back