Winter Mittens
Tasty Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Ancient Candle
Voodoo Doll
August Birthstone (Peridot)
I'm kind of musical crazy... all the time

My favorites are, Avenue Q, Kinky Boots, and Pippin

I was a theater kid during high school and college. Whenever we did musicals, I was slotted for the leads because I was the least offensive with singing. I've done Rent, Thoroughly Modern Millie, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Hairspray, Jersey Boys, Seussical, and Spring Awakening. I've heard FUN things about Kinky Boots but I missed it when they were performing it back home, I'll check them out if they ever are in the area again.

I was a theater kid during high school and college. Whenever we did musicals, I was slotted for the leads because I was the least offensive with singing. I've done Rent, Thoroughly Modern Millie, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Hairspray, Jersey Boys, Seussical, and Spring Awakening. I've heard FUN things about Kinky Boots but I missed it when they were performing it back home, I'll check them out if they ever are in the area again.

Kinky Boots is 2 of my favorite things combines, drag queens and musicals. So good! I've been meaning to see Rocky Horror

rocky horror is really good!! i've seen repo: the genetic opera, avenue q as well. but as for the ones i really like there's: hedwig and the angry inch, les mis, spring awakening, bare: a pop opera (really cool/sad musical with romeo and juliet undertones but set in a catholic boarding school with two boys in love as protagonists T_T) -i was really active in the les mis fandom once upon a time and i'd love to see it live/not on bootleg lol q_q

Out of the three op listed I've only seen Avenue Q. Which is a guilty pleasure of mine. The story is subpar and the songs aren't much better. But it's really enjoyable to watch and I love it. I've only seen it on boot as of this comment but I am going to see it live.

I'm still fairly new to the musical scene but I do really enjoy them. Both movies and theatre productions. So far I've only seen The Book Of Mormon live, which was incredible by the way. AJ Holmes was a great Elder Cunningham. I currently have tickets to see Avenue Q and Wicked. Both of which are quite a while away but I am really looking forward to them.

I've recently watched boots of The Book of Mormon (original cast), Avenue Q (really bad cast), and Urinetown. Next on my to watch list is that Spiderman musical. I have my doubts but I've heard it's really good.

Movie wise I've recently watched both Rent, and Hedwig and the Angry Inch. Rent was amazing and I had to get the soundtrack straight after I'd finished the movie. Hedwig was alright, not something I'd recommend though. I hope the theatre production is better. (I love the songs and have the original broadway cast recording but I've still not got around to watching a boot.)

My favourite musical movie wise is still Labyrinth. It's nostalgic, the songs are great, story is okay, and David Bowie.

Last edited:
I LOVE THEATRE!!! The only musical I have been in is You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown! It is my current favorite. I also like Wicked, Phantom of the Opera, Pippin, Into the Woods, and South Pacific.

Oh, I forgot about Book of Mormon! It's not my favorite, but it's pretty funny, and I've got a few songs I like (Spooky Mormon Hell Dream and Turn it off are my favorites)

Oh, I forgot about Book of Mormon! It's not my favorite, but it's pretty funny, and I've got a few songs I like (Spooky Mormon Hell Dream and Turn it off are my favorites)

i loooove book of mormon. my sister did a "cosplay" of elder price for halloween, it was amazing.

Phantom of the Opera's always going to have a special place in my heart simply because it was the first live show I ever watched <3

Reviving this so I can scream about how much I love the Jitterbug from Wizard of Oz.

Loving this thread. I live in Manhattan, NYC so I see shows & meet people in them all the time (theatre kid perks!!)
Not a musical, but I just saw the Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime, and it is WILD.
All time favorite is definitely either Jersey Boys or Beautiful: The Carole King Musical, though.

And Book of Mormon was very funny!

Loving this thread. I live in Manhattan, NYC so I see shows & meet people in them all the time (theatre kid perks!!)
Not a musical, but I just saw the Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime, and it is WILD.
All time favorite is definitely either Jersey Boys or Beautiful: The Carole King Musical, though.

And Book of Mormon was very funny!

I just saw that book on my English teacher's desk. I didn't know it was a show, too!

There are many I like, but I'm very excited about Lazarus right now, a musical based on the film The Man Who Fell to Earth, which starred David Bowie. Actually, Bowie is helping out with Lazarus, producing new music to accompany it. Unfortunately, he won't be performing, which is a shame, but The Man Who Fell to Earth is one of my favourite films and I'm very excited to see what Bowie brings to it.

Back