• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Multiplayer or Single Player?

Which do you play more?

• Total voters

DarkDesertFox

Your Typical Trickster
Bells
Blue Junimo Easter Egg
Splat Easter Egg
Shooting Star
Tetris Grid
Kirby Easter Egg
Rainbow Feather
Chocolate Cake
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Which games do you find yourself investing the most time into? For me personally, I find myself investing myself into multiplayer games. Multiplayer is pretty broad so that includes online, local, split-screen, etc. I just like the interaction of playing with and against other people from around the world. I also do a lot of local multiplayer games with my sister. I do enjoy single player games a lot as well, but I find the longevity for me being in the multiplayer games. Which do you invest your time into the most?

It honestly depends on the game. I just beat Sonic Origins and the DLC for Cuphead and last night, I've decided to redownload Splatoon 2 and give that a go again just for the heck of it so it matters on my mood

I prefer multiplayer. I like using the online feature. I get more fun out of those games.

I generally prefer single player games more. Even when I play games that allow for online multi-player, I don't usually use the option. I like to play fighting games and some co-op games with my husband, but that's pretty much it. I used to love playing fighting games against other people at arcades, but it's just not the same online. It doesn't bring me the same kind of enjoyment.

I perfer to play single player, though I don't mind plaing with other people whenever I feel like it. I just dread playing with annoying people or griefers in multiplayer.

I play games single player almost exclusively. I’ve never had many people to play with, so even with multiplayer games I usually play them alone.

Single player. I like playing games at my own pace and just sitting down quietly getting absorbed into a game's world.

That said, I also like multiplayer games like Mario Kart. I hate playing those types of games alone. Waaay more fun with family and friends.

I just play single player games more often.

I've always found an easier time getting into single player games personally. I think a part of it comes from the fact that I'm more naturally drawn to story based games and many single player games end up feeling like a more personal adventure, something I've always liked.
This may also be because I started with singleplayer, but I often also find a lot of multiplayer games, especially mmos are harder to initially get into, due to less instructions, and the amount of other people there can become overwhelming to a new player.

I strongly prefer single player games; even if a game has multiplayer features, I rarely ever use them. (My main exception to this would be multiplayer features where you can help other players without any actual interaction, like retrieving satchels in Pokémon Legends: Arceus. I like being helpful ahahaha.) I like story-based games the best, and also just getting to play through at my own pace and do my own thing.

I did enjoy Fall Guys for a good while though, but I think that might be the only solidly multiplayer game I've played. It helped that it didn't have any sort of chat feature, so there was no worry about people being jerks that way.

I'm far more of a single player person. I'm more of an introvert and prefer my alone time, but it also just so happens that a lot of my favorite games, series, and genres just happen to be single player experiences.

I do own multiplayer games and play with friends from time to time, and some games are primarily single player but have multiplayer functionality, but yeah.

Last edited:
I'd say generally single player if we count non-app/mobile games. I absolutely hate voice chatting and dedicating too much time to like, guilds and stuff and I'm in no way a 1337 player/investor and I like it casual.

Mostly single player. Most games I like my spouse isn't interested in playing and I have no friends who like video games. Playing multiplayer is nice, but it doesn't kill my video game experience to play by myself at all. Alot of games I play are single player only anyway. I also don't like playing with strangers and for how some of them act, I am pretty sure they don't like playing with strangers either honestly lol.

Single player games. I don’t like depending on a team to win lol. The only multiplayer game I like is Splatoon. I like playing by myself way too much.

I'm at a point in life where my friends are all busy with their jobs and living in different timezones so it's hard to coordinate and buy and actually play games together.

I do like multiplayer games, but I'm only able to finish single player games.

I like both single-player and local/online multiplayer!

If a game has a good local multiplayer mechanism, I enjoy playing multiplayer (A Way Out, It Takes Two, Super Mario Party, Kirby Star Allies, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Nintendo Switch Sports). The ACNH local multiplayer is not great.

Mostly I play single player though. At the moment, ACNH, Portal, and Pokémon. The Kirby games are obviously also great single-player. 💖 Usually I'll be connected online during Pokémon, but still mostly play single-player.

I only play single player because I don’t have friends, and I’m too anxious to play with random people. I’m also terrible at most games, so it would be embarrassing if I had to play with someone else

ive only been playing single player lately. none of my friends are available anymore to sit down and play games.

Multiplayer 100% but only if you can play online with strangers rather than arranging to play with your friends at a specific time WITHOUT being able to freely communicate with them, bc i don’t want to have to make conversation with a stranger while trying to unwind, but playing with friends just seems like too much effort and all my friends are into different games lol ;_; it just adds an extra layer of dopamine and accomplishment to succeeding in the game knowing that you’ve beaten other humans, as opposed to an often woefully underpowered AI that doesn’t represent how good you genuinely are at the game relative to others no i haven’t achieved anything since my mario kart days let me have this one thing ok

Back