• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you want Nintendo to implement an achievement/trophy system?

Do you want Nintendo to implement an achievement/trophy system?

• Total voters
I feel slightly conflicted about this, because on one hand I like the idea of achievements, but I don't think I can think of a game where I managed to actually get all the achievements. And this is in spite of me being a completionist, so it kind of leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I think my problem is that achievements tend to deviate from 100% completion. I enjoy it when games have a counter on it for 100% completion per game file (even some old Nintendo games have this, like the SNES Donkey Kong Country games for example). But in my experience, achievements tend to have you going off the rails and doing arbitrary things just for the sake of doing them. On top of that, I also feel like Nintendo would definitely want to add achievements for multiplayer and/or online content, things that would become impossible years down the line.

At the end of the day, I wouldn't say that it should never happen, but I guess I personally would find more value in 100% completion counters than Xbox/Playstation/Steam style achievements.

I feel like an achievement/trophy system would be great! It would give me more motivation to get all the hidden things in games that I’m too lazy to get chests in botw

Also, I feel like Animal Crossing could have some cool achievements, similar to Stardew Valley:
-Learn all DIYs/Recipes
-Craft all DIYs/Recipes
-Grow all Crops
-Obtain all Hybrid Flowers
-Complete Catalog
-Get a 5 Star Island
-Have the KK Slider Concert
etc etc

Ngl, I’m surprised an achievement system hasn’t already been implemented by Nintendo, since it’s already very similar to Sony and Microsoft (paid subscriptions, prices, etc)

I would like accomplishments for certain games like any fighting game, Pokémon, Legend of Zelda, and Bayonetta.

Back