• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Motion sickness with certain games?

Have you ever gotten motion sickness from playing a videogame?

• Yes

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • No

Votes: 11 45.8%

• Total voters

Autumn247

Bells
Switch
5508-2335-7117
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Gastly Halloweaster Egg
Red Christmas Stocking
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
Cocotryoshka
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Tasty Cake
Matryoshka Doll
Mint
Does anyone else get motion sickness with certain games? I think it depends on how the camera moves around. I get it really bad with Fable which sucks because it's a fun game. Within like 10 minutes of playing it I feel like I'm gonna throw up. I never knew I could get motion sickness from a game but I've been reading online that it's not an uncommon experience with certain ones

I can't play most first person games because of this. I prefer games that are third person and also 2d so I don't have to move the camera around.

I get motion sick with nearly every game because I have motion sickness irl. I'm incapable of playing any VR, and many games I have to put down for a break every couple minutes. Coupled with that I'm very sensitive to bright and light colors. Every Zelda fire-themed dungeon or desert area gave me a hard time lmao

No, but my dad does. We had Joy-Con drift and he couldn't play BotW (aka his favorite Zelda game) 'cause he'd feel sick from the camera moving. And I think the only times I feel sick is if I'm playing a game while on the bus. 😂

I’ve never had motion sickness from video games. Even VR games don’t make me sick. At worst my double vision just gets a little more intense.

Not really motion sickness, but Breath of the Wild. After tilting certain rooms of the Divine Beasts, I would feel dizzy in the shower, like the bathroom was tilting up. Thank God I didn't fall though. 😅

Thanks for the replies everyone, I guess some people are more prone/sensitive to it than others. I’m gonna give Fable a few more tries and if it continues making me feel that way then I’ll stop playing it. Maybe it was just a day I was feeling off but I don’t think so because it did it before the last time when I played it on my laptop. Maybe I’m just moving the camera around too much/too fast 😅

I got motion sick while playing Power Wash Simulator, of all things. But House Flipper didn't give me any issues and it's vaguely similar.

No, but I’ll also mention that I can’t stand this first person shooter games. The controls are so weird, like up is down and down is up. I’m not even a fan of shooters anyway, but those drive me up a flippin’ wall.

No, never on a regular game, nor on a 'max-3D' 3DS game.

VR games, I had just one instance of motion sickness - it was a car racing one, one of the freebie demos you got with the PS3 VR set. When I looked it up though, nearly everyone had at least a little motion sickness with that one. All of the other games I could play without feeling even remotely sick or dizzy (including other fast paced action games).

I have never got motion sickness when playing a game if you don't count those times happening when I'm gaming inside a vehicle or some kind of transportation. When the ride gets too shaky, that's when I start to get dizzy and nauseous. But when I'm playing from the comfort of my home, it never happens.

yes. i get some form of motion sickness from Taiko No Tatsujin. the notes are fast, and it requires alot of focus. after one song, my vision goes blurry when i stop focusing completely on the screen. after 40 minutes, i get a headache. i still play it regardless.
the obvious answer here would be to turn down the speed, but you can only really do it to an extent, not to mention i just cant play the game with a slow speed.

suprisingly, thats the only game that effects me like that. i play alot of shooters, racing games, and the like, which seems to be peoples first answer to a question like this.

I get motion sick from pretty much all first-person games more or less instantly. I can't watch videos of people playing them, either. I wish I didn't get sick, because I think Minecraft looks fun, but I tried the free demo for about two minutes before I had to stop because I felt like I was going to throw up. I don't dare try VR for fear that I'll actually vomit.

For some reason Pokémon Snap is okay, both the original and the new one. I don't know if there are any others I can play without getting pretty much instantly nauseated. I'm not sure what's different about those. Videos of Splatoon make me dizzy after a minute or two, but I can play it just fine myself.

I get motion sick in cars in real life when I'm not the one driving, so maybe that's all related.

Back