• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Most stubborn villager-picture givers?

Munna

Bells
Pear (Fruit)
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Winter Mittens
I noticed that in my Town the hardest pictures to get are:

Lobo & Marina

They have been in town for a long time now, and do just as much for them as the other characters, in fact I really love Lobo, so he's a favourite of mine.

I noticed he (Lobo) is a lot harder to impress than Wart Jr was, and he rarely sings/skips & has never given me his photo.
Any one else find find that he takes a lot longer?

Same with Marina. Since being in town Muffy has given me her photo 2-3 times, but Marina has not given me hers yet.
They both seem the most introverted in town too, (but Muffy barely leaves her house & she is quite friendly though)...hmmm..

Freya hasn't either, but she is the newest member of town, so that makes sense.

Kid Cat took a while too, but he ended up giving me his, the last out of all my starters.

Are Lobo & Marina notoriously reclusive?

*The day after posting this Marina gave me her picture!*
Lobo is still taking his time. :) The cheek! ;)

Last edited:
Every gift you receive from a villager is random so I don't think there's any particular villager who is notorious for not giving photos or being hard to give photos. It really does boil down to luck.

But I do see how it can been seen from your side. I've had Cyrano in town for over a year and there's still no photo from him. On the other hand I got my second picture from Ruby just the other day for giving her a piece of furniture (and it wasn't rare or customised).

Maple and Molly are my oldest villagers and great friends. But I always go over there, give perfect fruit, but nothing yet. I only have pictures of Fauna, Aurora, Diana, and Jingle :(

I've always found the crankies take the longest, while normals are easy. That being said, Deli's my best friend in the game and he was the last to give me his photo out of all my original ten villagers.

It really depends on luck!

Phil. I've had him for about 3 months now, and we're already on best friend level. Usually my villagers give me their pictures when they visit my house, and for some reason whenever Phil visits, he ALWAYS brings fruit. It's really making me mad.

Chief still hasn't given me his picture after over a year. I missed it at April's Fool's Day and didn't want to cheat to try to get it. Well... I'm still waiting!

Gah, mine right now is Anabelle! I've had her for awhile now and I think I can let her go. We are on a good friendly term so maybe I'll have her picture by the time she decides to travel the world xD

For me, personally, it's my dang alligator villagers. I just want to see one of them out finally, I hate having two and I've had them since the beginning :(

Gwen is being pretty difficult. I can tell she's at that level because she bothers me every morning as she lives right next door...

Just a day after I posted this I gave Marina a perfect peach or something customized & she was really happy and gave me her photo! :)
Lobo is yet to be impressed.

I am glad that Freya is taking her time, it suits her as she seems like the type to warm up very slowly. I really love & respect her. I can wait. :)
But also am excited to put her pretty picture in my house...but not much display room surface!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I usually always get a picture within a month or two, but stupid Freya took 6 months!

I'm kinda glad even though it was frustrating for you, it makes a lot of sense for her as she warms up slowly & has a lot of class. I like that she is hard to befriend, but a very worthwhile effort.
I think she's really sweet, but also a bit matter-of-fact at times, like a person that has been hurt before. I like that she seems very realistic to me.

Blaire won't budge at all! I've even gotten miranda's picture and she's only been with me for a couple weeks!

Just a day after I posted this I gave Marina a perfect peach or something customized & she was really happy and gave me her photo! :)
Lobo is yet to be impressed.

I am glad that Freya is taking her time, it suits her as she seems like the type to warm up very slowly. I really love & respect her. I can wait. :)
But also am excited to put her pretty picture in my house...but not much display room surface!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm kinda glad even though it was frustrating for you, it makes a lot of sense for her as she warms up slowly & has a lot of class. I like that she is hard to befriend, but a very worthwhile effort.
I think she's really sweet, but also a bit matter-of-fact at times, like a person that has been hurt before. I like that she seems very realistic to me.

I kicked her out as soon as I got her picture. I can't stand Freya, to be honest. :p

I don't get why people get the pictures of the ones they don't like?

Isn't it meant to be a keepsake & you only get the HHA bonus if you stay friends with them?

Confused.

I don't get why people get the pictures of the ones they don't like?

Isn't it meant to be a keepsake & you only get the HHA bonus if you stay friends with them?

Confused.

If I truly hate a villager, I'll sell their picture to Reese for 10 Bells. LOL

I mean, Freya is pretty and I guess I don't really hate her, but she was my least favorite villager. I keep her picture tucked away in storage with the other ones I'm not displaying. She was a starting villager and I remember being excited when I first saw her. I guess her taking so long to warm up to me when I was so nice to her made me a bit bitter. Willow, another snooty, gave me her picture after only 2 or 3 weeks.

All of my villagers are being stubborn D: They've been around since October and I've done as much as I could for them ><

Not counting April Fools' Day, Moose was the last one to give me his picture- I found that odd, since he was one of my starters and we're pretty close friends... he threw my first birthday party and gave me a valentine and everything, but it still took months to get his pic 0.o

I know it's harder to build friendships with villagers based on their personality. Like a peppy/lazy villager is more likely to give you a pic than a snooty or cranky. I've gotten Tangy's and Rosie's picture a million times for the simplest tasks but it took a over a year to get Diana's and it was after I caught her a shark.

How is everyone going with this?

I'm yet to get Lobo or Freya's picture.

Kidd has moved in after my beloved Muffy left. I bet by the time I get Kidd's photo I will still be waiting on the wolves to open up to me!

x9L9mjA.jpg
d1YuEcU.jpg
As can be seen in the bottom screenshot,Tabby has lived in my town for almost two years and she finally gave me her pic just yesterday.Tangy did the same thing in my other town....must be a peppy cat thing.

Back