• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.

I took the plunge and ordered the game. This is financially a terrible decision but living off of instant ramen for a week or two isn't that bad. I'm sure it'll all be better when I have the game in my hands; I'm taking all your words on this haha!

Finally got my working code from nintendo for the gore magala theme

Anyone have tips for the congalala? It's crap keeps throwing me off since he then breathes out posion

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also how do you get palico tickets? Need 2 or 3 more for the dual blades I want

Doing a specific amount of quests with your main Palico will earn you the tickets, they'll give you it so be sure to check on them often.

Anyone have tips for the congalala? It's crap keeps throwing me off since he then breathes out posion

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also how do you get palico tickets? Need 2 or 3 more for the dual blades I want

Basically try to make sure you're as close to its torso as you can get when it's breathing poison, as the arc tends to reach 45 degrees either side, and you should get a decent amount of free hits in while it's doing the attack - a roll or two should get you out of harm's way and ready to attack. Alternatively, if you aren't close enough that you can get to its side, try to run outside of its range. Rolling and diving is pretty much the way to surviving in the game anyway, as it gets you out of the way of an incoming attack and if you're quick, it can give you a pretty good spot for getting in another attack.

congalala is weak to fire i think
idk what weapon you use but try get one with fire element, and then try to attack him from the side/behind - he cant really do much damage to you there

other than that, bring deodorant so you can get rid of the soiled ailment, and if poison is a big hassle - you can spam attack his tail to try break the mushroom before he eats it (then i dont think he'll be able to use poison breath), or try making the gypceros armor, because (i think) it has poison resist.

other than that, just try dodge as much as possible and good luck

Yeah, I'm not having much trouble with funds. In previous games, bowgunners were the starving artists of monster hunter, but now if my funds are a bit low, I just tag along on a hunt I don't need the resources from and just sell all the awards and get a crapload of money.

I've recently gotten into using heavy bowguns. I remember not liking them as much in Tri, but I'm definitely feeling them right now for some reason. Always gotta have that auto-guard on, though.

I started with heavy bowguns with 3 Ultimate (it was the first game I really went outside of melee weapons). It was good, powerful and I enjoyed using it but I hated the lack of mobility that came along with it, as well as the longer time for getting it out and putting it away.
I obviously stuck with the light bowgun once I gave it a shot (no pun intend) since it had better mobility, despite the lower attack.

But that's just me. I always take mobility over power.

I took the plunge and ordered the game. This is financially a terrible decision but living off of instant ramen for a week or two isn't that bad. I'm sure it'll all be better when I have the game in my hands; I'm taking all your words on this haha!

We were all lying to you. We all hate Monster Hunter 4. -10/10. Worst game ever.

DLC is coming march 6th

its the zelda items (link tunic armor, master sword [sword and shield] and heros bow [bow]), weapon design contest weapons (emperors speech HA and mechanical IG), and an armor set based on a collaboration with universal studios japan

DLC is coming march 6th

its the zelda items (link tunic armor, master sword [sword and shield] and heros bow [bow]), weapon design contest weapons (emperors speech HA and mechanical IG), and an armor set based on a collaboration with universal studios japan

Awesome. Hope it's some stuff that's actually worth using. At best I'd guess they'd probably give them a highish sharpness and fairly high raw damage and some affinity. Isn't this the first lot of collaborative dlc that's made it to the West in the Monster Hunter series?

Last edited:
DLC is coming march 6th

YESSSSSSSSSSS

I am hype now omg
gotta make a Link save prepared for it

Yesss 5 days from now. I don't have school on friday so I can play it all day too :D

Is this game good? What do you do?

It's basically a lot of boss fights. You get resources from killing monsters to make better armour and weapons to make yourself stronger (there's no levelling up process to gain stats and skills). The gameplay is really unique in that it takes literal skill and experience rather than experience points to be able to take down tough monsters, and it makes it super rewarding. The online play, questing and hunting in a group of up to 3 other players, is possibly one of the best online experiences of any console game. Here's a good review of it:

(though I would personally have to disagree with some of the less exciting missions being annoying; I find egg quests hilarious).

So is this game good? no we hate it 0/10 - IGN

Last edited:
Awesome. Hope it's some stuff that's actually worth using. At best I'd guess they'd probably give them a highish sharpness and fairly high raw damage and some affinity. Isn't this the first lot of collaborative dlc that's made it to the West in the Monster Hunter series?
From memory I think they're **** LOL
I'll try find it tho
Yeah, the armor is pretty good (for when you can get it anyway), but the sword and shield is **** like I mean it's ok, but there are like 472846 better weapons - it's got really high element, defense boost, and 3 slots tho
Never understood the bow, but it looks decent when compared to other bows so idk

YESSSSSSSSSSS

I am hype now omg
gotta make a Link save prepared for it
Iirc (unless they changed the Zelda stuff for the west) the link stuff is high rank, so you're gonna have to wait a bit until you can use it, but you use powersaves so idk???

Last edited:
Is this game good? What do you do?

You start off the game as a chef. Your goal is to become the greatest chef in the world, but the ingredients for the highest quality foods are too expensive. So your character decides to embark on an adventure to kill monsters and use their ingrediants to cook the most delicious foods. Can you attain the title of greatest chef?

im bsing. you hunt monsters.

Last edited:
(unless they changed the Zelda stuff for the west) the link stuff is high rank, so you're gonna have to wait a bit until you can use it, but you use powersaves so idk???
Dunno yet, I'm tempted to use it but I'll probably just farm the materials.

O ye I spammed expeditions for guild quests and managed to get two yian garuga quests and one Kirin quest - so if anyone's after them, I can send them to you.

Only problem is I spammed the Kirin one so much that I upped it to level 31 and you need to be hr8 to do it oops

Soo after playing today managed to make the following dual blades:
Snow Slicers
Plesioth Cutlasses
Felyne and Melynx

Which one is worth using? They all have elements on it so that's good. Also managed to get the meownster hunter mini game and made palico stuff

Soo after playing today managed to make the following dual blades:
Snow Slicers
Plesioth Cutlasses
Felyne and Melynx

depends. if the monster is weak to ice then use the snow slicers, and if water then the plesioth one - if it's weak to neither then use the felyne/melynx , the paralysis will help you out, and since its got two free slots you can gem in something that'll (hopefully) give you a skill your armor set's just a few short of getting, or gem out a negative skill.

Back