• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.

This games logic is flawless

"omg that's a seregios those are rare there are not many left what is one doing around here this is a very rare sight!!"
Next min...
"Ok go kill it pls"

Can anyone tell me how to do the first quest where you have to catch the giant gendrome (think that what it is) for the street cook in harth? I set up the trap and tranquillize it while it's weakened but it doesn't work. Or when I weaken it too much it dies

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh wow am I stupid. Wasn't informed you had to throw two tranquillizer bombs at it twice .-.

Can anyone tell me how to do the first quest where you have to catch the giant gendrome (think that what it is) for the street cook in harth? I set up the trap and tranquillize it while it's weakened but it doesn't work. Or when I weaken it too much it dies

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh wow am I stupid. Wasn't informed you had to throw two tranquillizer bombs at it twice .-.

its ok bud, my first capture quest which was 5eva ago i literally ****ed it up 53223 times LOL i had no idea what to do

Trust me, I really hate capture quests <:I so glad there's not alot of them.

capture quests are easy once you know how to do them tho

Oh no, I know they're easy, I just find them boring!

theyre the exact same as regular quests the only difference is theyre like 2 minutes shorter because you have to capture them, not kill them.........................................?

Geez man, didn't mean to hurt your feelings lmao

I just hate capturing stuff, killing these beasts is just more rewarding than making it go to sleep.

Last edited:
Geez man, didn't mean to hurt your feelings lmao

I just hate capturing stuff, killing these beasts is just more rewarding than making it go to sleep.

Killing them might be more rewarding, but capturing them is more rewarding because it ups the chance of getting rare items

Each to their own

Guess so, I'm just too used to killing them that I've grown to dislike capturing them.
Man now I feel like a douche...

Indeed.

finally got monster hunter!!!!!!! traded in smash 4 for 3ds for monster hunter and tbh I'm never going to regret that trade in even though I won't be able to play a few people on here at smash but I'd much rather be playing monster hunter than smash on a 3ds anyway!

I lo key know a pretty big and cool group of people who play monster hunter so I should be able to rush through early game once they help me farm up some good armor and weapon.

My characters name is RomanRein (reigns wouldn't fit -.-) and tbh he looks exactly like roman reigns which is hilarious to me...

So I have an "Ike" save and I've literally added "Friends" to most of the chat commands :I

Can't wait to do ones for my "Link" save when the DLC comes out, lmao

Awww crap now I can't beat the congalala now :( i also see that I can make Felyne and Melynx dual blades but I don't have the stuff DAMNIT

Is the game worth the money? On a scale from 1-10 does it would you gamers rank it highly? I'm trying to resist buying it because college is making me poor, BUT IT LOOKS SO GOOD THOUGH.

Is the game worth the money? On a scale from 1-10 does it would you gamers rank it highly? I'm trying to resist buying it because college is making me poor, BUT IT LOOKS SO GOOD THOUGH.

I bet the people who post here will all say it's worth it

I've easily hit the 100 hour mark on every Monster Hunter game and continue finding more to do.

I usually hit the 8 hour mark on other games and find there's not much left...Assuming there is anything left.

Just from the amount of time you can get out of the game, it's worth it.

Last edited:
hunting horn gives impact damage so you shouldn't really be aiming for anything other than the head (and 99% of the time you dont bounce when using impact weapons on the head) when using it anyway

That's what I was usually trying to aim for, but the hit kept bouncing off the forehead. :/ Time to start with low swings I guess.

With Monster Hunter 3U I used a light bowgun as my main weapon. I used it like 95% of the time, sword and shield the rest.

I was just as lazy with ammo xD Straight down to the shop and spend all my rewards from the last quest on ammo. It was only when I was around half way through the online quests that I actually started making reasonable amounts of cash after buying ammo. I was essentially only using the Sword and Shield when I needed cash to upgrade my gunner stuff (so I didn't waste my hunt money on ammo).
I could have got my own but, no, just no. That would have been way too much repetitive grinding just to use a weapon I like.

I've mostly gone Charge Blade with 4U but I've tried to keep with the bow gun as well but honestly, it seems much more viable to buy your ammo now. They pretty much just throw cash at you in this game.

Yeah, I'm not having much trouble with funds. In previous games, bowgunners were the starving artists of monster hunter, but now if my funds are a bit low, I just tag along on a hunt I don't need the resources from and just sell all the awards and get a crapload of money.

I've recently gotten into using heavy bowguns. I remember not liking them as much in Tri, but I'm definitely feeling them right now for some reason. Always gotta have that auto-guard on, though.

Hell yeah it is. I'm not even a follower of the Monster Hunter series and I love this game. It's fun, challenging, creative, and the multiplayer is great.

Back