• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.

It works like this.

The Insect Glaive relies on inputs from you and your "Kinsect" with the Glaive in general, it's used for hitting stuff with alot of combo potential, also using the Glaive gives you access to pole jumping, this is really REALLY useful for mounting on big monsters.

However, your Kinsect works in a different way, you can launch it from your arm and try to aim it at specific parts of the monster, doing so will do small damage to the monster and can nab you various buffs to your hunter when you call it back, there's a few buffs that do the following when the Kinsect hits specific parts, also I believe hitting the monster in the areas I mention should give the appropriate buffs.

White = Speed increase (Hitting the Monster's legs)
Red = Attack increase (Hitting the Monster's head)
Orange = Defense increase (Hitting the Monster's body)
Green = Small heal (Hitting the Monster's tail)
However this might change on some bosses

You can also fire a small projectile and doing so will make it easier for your Kinsect to aim for that specific area, like if you wanted to heal up only, you'd have to hit the monster's tail with it and you'd get Heal ups alot easier.

The Glaive's combo possibilities are important to maximize the damage you can do, if you want to keep things safe, you should probably rake up some buffs (you can hold up to three slots of one of each buff, however Healing doesn't count) and then go for the offensive side as the Glaive offers no sort of shielding whatsoever.

I dunno if all this helps but I hope I managed to give a basic view of the weapon, it's really fun to use but it's more of an advanced weapon since it requires alot of patience to use and you need to have a good idea of what the monster's attack pattern is like to ensure you're going to live as you'd be playing a big role in the hunt.

Also @ Mudkip, if you ever wanna hunt for Gore Magala materials to make his weapons and such, give me a ring and I'd be more than happy to help you out.

This is perfect, thank you!

I just got this game last weekend so knowing me I'll be asking for your guys' help in the future.
I'm entirely new to the Monster Hunter series and I've heard it's not so friendly towards newbs ;u;

I'm new to the series too. There's still a lot I have to learn, but I've become more familiar with the game. I went right ahead and jumped to dual swords because it's my weapon of choice, but I completely neglected the fact that there are skills to help halve sharpness from falling and speed sharpening which would have been very useful...

DLC is out

there's something for every option except gift area (unless youve not downloaded the gift pack ofc)

DLC is out

there's something for every option except gift area (unless youve not downloaded the gift pack ofc)

Yess was just about to head off now.

Soo just downloaded it from the dlc on the home screen now what do I do xD? I went to the palico helper in my house but not sure if you're supposed to do that

Nvm wasn't told you had to fight the 3 large monsters to get the stuff

Last edited:
Christ the two Zelda quests are so ****ing hard, can't believe I tried to solo them.

...I'm gonna need to get people involved :/

Anyone wanna tag along? because I'm having no luck looking for randomers.

Yess was just about to head off now.

Soo just downloaded it from the dlc on the home screen now what do I do xD? I went to the palico helper in my house but not sure if you're supposed to do that

Nvm wasn't told you had to fight the 3 large monsters to get the stuff
The housekeeper is for the episode quests, for the others you go to the guild quest and speak to the low/high rank lady and select "event quests"

Christ the two Zelda quests are so ****ing hard, can't believe I tried to solo them.

...I'm gonna need to get people involved :/
:-}

Every time I saw u post "OMG I'm gonna do a link run!!!" I giggled bcoz I knew u weren't aware of how hard the quests were gonna be oops™

I wonder if they're going to do some ridley thing for the metroid crossover

Geeeeez, managed to solo the 3 monster Zelda quest, gonna try the other one now

Geeeeez, managed to solo the 3 monster Zelda quest, gonna try the other one now

p sure you have to do like each quest 34923974 times to get enough tickets to make the armor/weapons

also for reference, here's what the rewards for each DLC quests allows you to make;

Remobra
makes: Fan Club Jacket, Rider Jacket, and Black Leather Chaps

Kut Ku
makes: Emperor's Speech
(kut ku in this quest is always gold crown smallest)

Dah'ren
makes: EX Arbiter, Sword and Shield Icon Pink EX Poise, and Switch Axe Icon Pink EX Rupture

Double Rathalos
makes: Starlight Gate, Long Sword Icon Blue Eternal Gate, and the Blue Star Armor Set

Tetsu
makes: Clockwork
(tetsu in this quest is always gold crown smallest)

Tetsu + Narj
makes: EX Ingot Armor Set

Zinogre/Kirin/Rajang
makes: Hero's Armor Set

Akantor
makes: Hero's Sword, Sword and Shield Icon Red Master Sword, Bow Icon Green Hero's Bow,
and Bow Icon Red Sacred Bow

gold/silver rathian/rathalos don't give anything they're just there so you can fight them during high rank

Last edited:
So uh yeah, anyone wanna tag along and do the Aktantor quest? (AKA; Fire fight) you'll get parts to make the Master Sword/Hero's Bow :U

So uh yeah, anyone wanna tag along and do the Aktantor quest? (AKA; Fire fight) you'll get parts to make the Master Sword/Hero's Bow :U

I'd help but I'd die a bunch xD i also dont think there's dual blades soo

The group I was with just got defeated within the first five minutes of attempting it, including a HR 87 dude. Maybe later. :p

S'ok, just managed to solo it, Insect glaive too op yo.

Ok so maybe I cheated to get multiple of the items after getting them zzz

Emperors Speech is such a **** hunting horn.. Which sucks because it looks really cool
By the time they released the event quest I was already too far in the game to need to use it, since it was too weak and there were like 593 other better hunting horn options

But then you could argue that it's a good horn for newbies who have just started, but it isn't, because you need 3 kut ku beaks which have a 5%/3% drop rate depending whether you cap or kill! which is like 485728 kut kus to get the beak, which is just pointless coz you may as well farm something else that has less rare materials and is a better horn

Such a disappointment

Emperors Speech is such a **** hunting horn.. Which sucks because it looks really cool
By the time they released the event quest I was already too far in the game to need to use it, since it was too weak and there were like 593 other better hunting horn options

But then you could argue that it's a good horn for newbies who have just started, but it isn't, because you need 3 kut ku beaks which have a 5%/3% drop rate depending whether you cap or kill! which is like 485728 kut kus to get the beak, which is just pointless coz you may as well farm something else that has less rare materials and is a better horn

Such a disappointment

Wooow now I hate it more. It took my like 4 tries just to catch it because my support is ****

wtf the event insect glaive is like 100x better than the event hunting horn DICTATORSHIP RISES

Back