mocha's doodle dump

o wow it’s been a while
hope everyone is okay !! uni is almost over for the year so to celebrate I’ve been playing genshin and I would like to thank Hu Tao for single handedly curing my art block

IMG_0226.png
that’s so prettyyyy! im glad to see some of your art again c:

bought a book called drawing on the right side of the brain by Betty edwards, it has a few good exercises in which I wanted to try out ! One of them was to draw a self portrait so i made an attempt
Hopefully I will have a chance to redraw this in a few months and note any progress / changes !
A941E9E9-4D03-4B83-B711-0206FF1BAE4F.jpeg

hi 👋 it’s been a while

doodle dump from the past few days - life has been super busy so I haven’t had much time/motivation to draw but I’m slowly getting back into it

Finished watching demon slayers entertainment arc last night and I seriously can’t wait for s3, so here’s some fanart of my fave demon girl
IMG_0313.png

I have also drawn some art of myself (although probably not recognisable lol)
IMG_0311.png

one of my art goals for next year is to try and render pieces when I sketch, as so often I tend to just sketch and then leave it, meaning I’m not getting much practise with rendering as I ought to be. I want to try and step out of my comfort zone a little, so here is a little cheeb I drew today <3 I really like how it turned out and may even turn her into an oc?? I need name ideas ;w;
also, I came across a trick in twitter to help make a cohesive colour palette and I think it was really helpful. Essentially you layer over colours on top of the skin colour! So simple but really effective. Let me know what you think !
IMG_0395.png

edit: think I’ll name her Bueno !! I also drew an avi version
IMG_0396.png

Last edited:
Wow, thank you so much! What an amazing surprise 🥹❤️ I love her so much!! 🥰 ❤️❤️❤️ My heart is smiling, thank you dear friend. I am so grateful for you 💗

hey mocha.! I love your two latest drawings, they are so adorable! The colours on Roxxy's and Bueno's drawings are beautiful!

I came across a trick in twitter to help make a cohesive colour palette and I think it was really helpful. Essentially you layer over colours on top of the skin colour!
Could you explain this more? I'm not sure I understand it... would love to try out that trick too! :3

Back