Making My Halloween Costume - Final Update Posted

Oh I didn't realise I won! I wasn't sure if there was a specific character you and your husband were each going for! The blazer and patch are going to look so good.

Thanks so much for the peach (I don't think I've had a peach collectible yet?!)! 😍πŸ₯° Any message you can think of would be lovely! πŸ‘

Thank you 😊 I’m so keen to get it finished πŸ˜€

I’ll keep updating as more parts of my costume arrive and or get made ☺️

No idea yet if we should be certain characters or just umbrella academy students 🧐

I have just sent the peach then I hope the message is ok haha I was looking for one to send for a while πŸ˜…

Thank you 😊 I’m so keen to get it finished πŸ˜€

I’ll keep updating as more parts of my costume arrive and or get made ☺️

No idea yet if we should be certain characters or just umbrella academy students 🧐

I have just sent the peach then I hope the message is ok haha I was looking for one to send for a while πŸ˜…
That message is really adorable, thank you so much! πŸ₯°πŸ‘

Halloween feels so far away, but I'm so keen to follow your progress!

πŸ–€ Update:

I have been to the Op Shops (Thrift store) and have found my second jacket to start the proccess again 😊

I am still waiting for the vests to arrive.

I’m also trying to purchase white shirts today too 😝

I’ll try to post pics tonight of the second jacket 😍

β˜‚οΈβ˜‚οΈβ˜‚οΈ

Update 4:

I got a second jacket time to start the process all over again :)
(Please note due to the lights the jacket is actually dark navy and ribbon is dark wine)

I need to fix the position of my mannequins so they are the same height haha :p

My new jacket has been washed but I still need to iron it to flatten it so please ignore how it looks currently.

The new jacket also has gold buttons on it which I will replace with navy buttons to match the first jacket and costume.

1683545354167.png

This is terrible lighting but I finished the main detailing on the lapels and front pockets. The jacket on the blue mannequin is my original jacket that I am using to copy off.

I also have to sew the sleeve length to fit me as I am short..... 5'2 :(

1683545722247.png

Once both jackets are complete I shall iron on the patches then the main part of my costume is complete so much more to do which I will update in this thread.

β˜‚οΈβ˜‚οΈβ˜‚οΈ

Last edited:
β˜‚οΈβ˜‚οΈβ˜‚οΈ

Update 5:
(Please note due to the lights the jacket is actually dark navy and ribbon is dark wine)

The second jacket I had purchased was covered in gold buttons, I finally found navy and sewed them on to the jacket.

1685480188754.png

I have now finished all the detailing on both jackets, I just have to iron on the patches and the jackets are complete. I also have to steam my second jacket on the left again as my mannequin is a very small so it has the made the shape out of whack.

1685480376870.png

AMAZING NEWS!!!! The vests have now arrived and they look amazing!!!!

1685480584609.png

(Please note due to lighting the vest is dark navy and dark wine)

This is what the vest looks like under the jacket. I have to also look for a white collar button up shirt.

1685480642496.png

I have purchased the below tie I am just waiting for them to arrive.

1685480344951.png

After I have received the ties and white button up shirts I will need to start working on the bottom part of the costume.

β˜‚οΈβ˜‚οΈβ˜‚οΈ

Last edited:
β˜‚οΈβ˜‚οΈβ˜‚οΈ

Update 6:

Both Jackets are now complete!!!!!!!

1685854867811.png

The last step that was needed was to iron on the patches on both jackets.

1685854564341.png
1685854919756.png

I am still waiting for the navy ties to arrive, in the meantime I am off to get white button up shirts then the top part of my costume is complete.

I need to start looking for navy pants and a navy plaid skirt.

β˜‚οΈβ˜‚οΈβ˜‚οΈ

Last edited:
β˜‚οΈβ˜‚οΈβ˜‚οΈ

Update 7:

I found white button up shirts !!!! It's coming together....

1686134443711.png

The top part of the costume is nearly complete... I am just waiting on my ties.

1686134408297.png

Time to start getting the items for the bottom half of the costume...

Also I am not sure if I should make the masks also? I have access to a 3D printer but I am not sure!!!

1686134807457.png

(Not my image just using for reference)

β˜‚οΈβ˜‚οΈβ˜‚οΈ

Last edited:
β˜‚οΈβ˜‚οΈβ˜‚οΈ

Update 8:

My ties have finally arrived and with that it completes the top half of the costume.

1687091541924.png
1687091473525.png

1687091441762.png

The completed top half of the costumes are all done.

1687091506608.png

I have found knee high socks to wear next on the list is a skirt and shorts.

I also have to find black leather looking school shoes.

β˜‚οΈβ˜‚οΈβ˜‚οΈ

Last edited:
β˜‚οΈβ˜‚οΈβ˜‚οΈ

Update 9:

The main part of the costume is complete !!!

1691288406746.png

1691288360470.png

I have 3D printed my masks now I need to get white mesh to cover the eye wholes.

1691288299310.png

β˜‚οΈβ˜‚οΈβ˜‚οΈ

Last edited:
Back