Limited Editions/Special Editions/Collectors Editions?

JasonBurrows

Bells
Yellow Pansy
Red Pansy
White Pansy
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Cake
What Limited Editions/Special Editions/Collectors Editions do you own? This is not limited to games.

I posted this topic in the Gamer's Lounge because some of the Limited Editions/Special Editions/Collectors Editions that I own are not limited to Nintendo although Nintendo Limited Editions/Special Editions/Collectors Editions are the majority of my collection.

Please post quantity made numbers of your Limited Editions/Special Editions/Collectors Editions if you know them.
Just make sure that you can back up your statements on the quantity made numbers if you do post them.

I happen to own all of the following Limited Editions/Special Editions/Collectors Editions.
Don't forget to add what console you own them on as some Limited Editions/Special Editions/Collectors Editions can be multi-format.

Sony PlayStation 3 Limited Editions/Special Editions/Collectors Editions

-Sonic Generations Collectors Edition~Limited to 12,000 in Europe~
The Gold Rings which are included within this Collectors Edition are numbered out of 12,000.
Back Up: I have seen videos where people unbox this item and it does say "of 12,000" on the ring.

-Rayman Origins Collectors Edition

Nintendo DS Limited Editions/Special Editions/Collectors Editions

-Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks Tin Special Edition + Link and Phantom Figures

Nintendo Wii Limited Editions/Special Editions/Collectors Editions

-The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Limited Edition Gold Remote Bundle

-New Super Mario Bros. Wii Money Tin Special Edition

-Super Mario Galaxy 2 Money Tin Special Edition

Nintendo Wii U Limited Editions/Special Editions/Collectors Editions

-Pok?mon Rumble U Special Edition

-Mario Kart 8 + Blue Spiny Shell Special Edition

-Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD + Ganondorf Figure Special Edition

-Hyrule Warriors + Hyrule Warriors Link Scarf Special Edition

-Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Wii U + Nintendo Gamecube Adapter Special Edition

-Mario Party 10 + Mario amiibo Special Edition

-Coming Soon!!! Splatoon + Squid amiibo Special Edition

Nintendo 3DS Limited Editions/Special Editions/Collectors Editions

-Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds GAME Special Edition

-Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D Special Edition

-Kid Icarus Uprising + Nintendo 3DS Stand Special Edition

-Pok?mon Omega Ruby Steel Book Special Edition

-Pok?mon Alpha Sapphire Steel Book Special Edition

Limited Edition/Special Edition/Collectors Edition Consoles

-The Legend of Zelda: 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Nintendo 3DS

Those are literally all that I can remember right now. I may update the post or add a new post if I remember more at some point in the future.

Last edited:
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2 remastered - Limited Edition - PS3
  • Kingdom Hearts 1.5 remastered - Limited Edition - PS3
  • God of War Ascension - Special Edition - PS3
  • Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - 25th Anniversary Special Edition - Wii
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy - Collectors Edition - Wii
  • Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition - PS2
  • Dark Souls - Collectors edition? (It's 'something' edition...It has an art book) - PS3
  • Enslaved: Odyssey to the West - Special Edition - Xbox 360
  • Halo Reach - Collectors Edition - Xbox 360
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2? (PS3). It has a sleeve which makes me think it's 'something', though I don't know if they all have sleeves.
  • Pokemon Heart Gold w/ Ho-oh figure
  • Silver Edition PS2
  • *DoA - Kasumi Limited Edition figure
  • *DoA - Hitomi Limited Edition Figure
  • *Final Fantasy Advent Children - Cloud Limited Edition Figure
  • *Final Fantasy Advent Children - Sephiroth Limited Edition Figure
  • *Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty Limited Edition Snake Figure

*Game related, so they count.

Those are just those I can easily see without pulling all my games off the shelf, either because they're in a different box/have a sleeve or it says it on the spine. I know there's a bunch of 'em that are special/collector's/limited edition, but it doesn't always mean much since those terms gets thrown around a bit too casually...I think my 'The Last of Us' might be a special edition and there's literally nothing special about it.

This is not limited to games.

I'm guessing you mean game related stuff though? Don't think a list of collectors/special edition DVD's and figures belongs in the gamer's lounge :p

Last edited:
I'm guessing you mean game related stuff though? Don't think a list of collectors/special edition DVD's and figures belongs in the gamer's lounge :p
Yeah... I probably should have been more specific. XD oh well...

Yeah, gaming ones I have a few...

Conception II (some special edition w/ soundtrack)
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart LE
Hyperdimension Neptunia: Re;Birth 2 LE
Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus: Let's Get Physical Edition

above for Ps Vita ^

Last edited:
Wherever possible I try to get collectors/limited/special editions and listing them all would take a while, but I'll post a few. If any have numbers or anything I'd have to dig them out to post if they're required. I do have other limited things but sticking to games :p. I have quite a few consoles but I'm not sure which colours or styles were limited or special edition so if I'm not sure I won't list them.

Most recent one was Dragon Age Inquisition, which has become surprisingly rarer due to damage issues and limited supply, I was one of the lucky people who got an undamaged one, It came with a copy of the deluxe edition of the game. I also got the game guide for my gaming memorabilia collection.
Elder scrolls online
Elder scrolls Morrowind
Elder scrolls boxset
Hakuoki (3DS and PS3 special editions)
Mass Effects (games and N7 game guide)
Sims Medieval
Resident evil 6
Batman Arkham games
Majora's mask (plus limited edition game guide)
Yoshi 3DS XL console
Pink game boy advance SP
Assassins creed: Brotherhood
Final Fantasy 13

I have a few on pre order out soon as well, batman Arkham PS4 and a few others.

Last edited:
These are the ones I have ^.^
- Skyward Sword with the gold Zelda wii remote
- Super Mario Galaxy 2 with the money-tin
- New Super Mario Bros Wii money-tin
I still use them all now which is pretty cool ^,^

Yeesh. That is.. a lot of Collector's Editions. Kinda makes my list seem small by comparison:

- Zelda: Skyward Sword Collector's Edition
~ I'm pretty sure this one wasn't by choice. I'm not even all that fond of Skyward Sword, to be fair.

- Zelda: Link Between Worlds 3DS XL
~ This one WAS by choice, however! Link Between Worlds is absolutely amaze.

- New Super Mario Bros. Wii w/ Money Tin
~ To be fair, I don't think I've ever used the tin thing. It just looks neat.

- Original Cobalt Blue Nintendo 3DS
~ As Cobalt Blue got replaced by Aqua Blue, isn't Cobalt Blue technically Limited Edition now? ;D

- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Game of the Year Edition w/ Physical Map
~ I believe I got gifted this at my 10th birthday. Unfortunately, a big, long-winded open-ended RPG isn't something a 10 year old mind can keep interest in easily. I ended up never truly playing it, opting to play Sonic Heroes on my PS2 instead. Heh.

Though to be fair, if I pick up a Special Edition of anything, it's usually if the extras would be something I may have gotten elsewhere anyway (case in point: Link Between Worlds 3DS XL. I was planning on picking up an XL anyway. The Zelda special just gave me reason to.)

Although I play and buy a lot of games I'm usually not willing to pay for collector's editions of things. The only one I've bought was a Soul Calibur 5 Collector's edition because it was like only a little more.

Edit: Oh. I didn't realize game of the year editions count. I've got a few of those. I'll post some later.

Last edited:
I bought the Kingdom Hearts 3D: Mark of Mastery edition and a limited edition came of Final Fantasy Curtain Call when I preordered it on Amazon.

I have an infinity of collector's edition books ;) but I guess that doesn't really fit this forum, lol. As far as games go, I own only a few, out of which exactly 100% are for PC because I sadly own 0 gaming consoles. I do also own a couple other games that have available collector's editions (Elder Scrolls seems to be so popular...) that I may eventually upgrade to, but this is the list for now:

1. TERA
2. Hatoful Boyfriend
3. Guns of Icarus
4. Contrast
5. Master Reboot
6. Guild Wars 2
7. Violett
Edit: 8. I forgot Tomb Raider because I am a wuss

Last edited:
If the Legendary Edition for Skyrim Elder Scrolls counts...I believe that's the only one I have, and only cause it had been on sale on Steam. XD

Welp, besides that little plush thing which came with pre-ordering Story of Seasons.

Oh, and I had also gotten a Lord of the Rings Online collector's edition thing when my friends got into it and I had to go out and get it; there had been a sale or something, so I was able to get the collector's edition.

That's pretty much it; I can't afford to get limited/special/collector's editions of stuff, and most of the time, they're just pointless money sinks for some extra stuff (in regards to MMO collector/limited editions, at least). Or, in the case of ESO, the only way to play as an Imperial. Forget that. >.>

If we're talking stuff outside video games but still are considered "games", I have some really old/limited edition YuGiOH, Pokemon, and MtG cards from back in their early days (no, I don't have an original Black Lotus or one of the original Mox cards...if I did, I'd be set for life).
One of my favorites is the Shounen Jump Limited Edition of the Red Eyes Black Dragon (YGO); it's worth next to nil, but I love the art design (same with the Shounen Jump Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon card).

Zelda: Link Between Worlds 3DS XL
Zelda: Majoras Mask Collectors Edition with Skull Kid Statue

That's it. I'm never too fond of the collector's edition.

I guess the first pressing of Shin Megami Tensei 4, if you wanna count that.
It came with a big box, CD and artboox/guide.

I wanna get that collector's edition of Metal Gear Solid V that comes with a replica or Big Boss' bionic arm, but that edition is for next-gen only.

Back