• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Top 10 best-selling games on Nintendo Switch (March 31, 2023)

Boccages

Bells
Switch
0347-4629-2695
Silver Mailbox
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Mailbox
Nintendo has released its Q1 report. Nintendo has now sold 125.62 million Nintendo Switch worldwide.

The report also updates the software sales.

So here are the 10 best-selling Nintendo Switch games (as of March 31, 2023):
  1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: 53.79 million
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons: 42.21 million
  3. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: 31.09 million
  4. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: 29.81 million
  5. Pokémon Sword/Shield: 25.82 million
  6. Super Mario Odyssey: 25.76 million
  7. Pokémon Scarlet/Violet: 22.10 million
  8. Super Mario Party: 19.14 million
  9. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe: 15.41 million
  10. Ring Fit Adventure: 15.38 million

Can't say I'm surprised by this list, although Scar/Vio should definitelyyyyy be above Sword/Shield, because while it definitely came out with issues graphically, it's still a better game than Sword/Shield as a whole (although it hasn't been out that long, so that may be the reason why it's missing a few million).

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe being at the top will never not be funny to me, considering I stopped playing Mario Kart games a long time ago and have never really been interested in them since. ACNH should definitely be #1, but alas.

This list isn’t surprising at all. The thing that was most surprising was Sword/Shield being above Violet/Scarlet, but the former have been out for longer. I feel it’s only a matter of time.

Also, Mario Kart is a major vibe. I find those games super enjoyable, and I’m so happy to see it at the top with what looks like a comfortable lead. Not that this list means anything significant, since people will have their preferences regardless.

Always surprises me to see New Horizons with such amazing sales, never thought I'd see the day an AC game would outsell mainline Mario and Zelda games and be the 2nd best selling game on a Nintendo console.

I wonder what kind of sales Zelda Tears of the Kingdom will get, if I had to bet I'd say it outsells Breath of the Wild but could be wrong.

Nintendo has released its Q1 report. Nintendo has now sold 125.62 million Nintendo Switch worldwide.

The report also updates the software sales.

So here are the 10 best-selling Nintendo Switch games (as of March 31, 2023):
  1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: 53.79 million
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons: 42.21 million
  3. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: 31.09 million
  4. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: 29.81 million
  5. Pokémon Sword/Shield: 25.82 million
  6. Super Mario Odyssey: 25.76 million
  7. Pokémon Scarlet/Violet: 22.10 million
  8. Super Mario Party: 19.14 million
  9. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe: 15.41 million
  10. Ring Fit Adventure: 15.38 million
It's amazing to see ACNH, Sword/Shield, Scarlet/Violet and Super Mario Party all be on here, despite each one (Maybe not for SMP, not sure) being considered generally the weakest games in their respective series.

Poor Ring Fit Adventure, though. It'll inevitably be kicked off by Tears of the Kingdom.

Back