• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Let's talk about dusting events

Do you like the dusting event format?

• Yes

Votes: 36 76.6%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • It needs some changes

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other (explain please)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I love them. It encourages me to be chatty and I also enjoy the feeling of comradery when we accomplish goals together. They're one of the best events IMO the staff has come up with, because everyone can participate and reap the rewards.

I like them! The first one I did was I think the wishing well/tbt fair. It's an interesting concept. I like that it encourages more forum activity, esp the more "creative" threads.

I especially like the more recent bell boom bonuses in combination with the dust events. I've made plenty of tbt this event with the bell bonuses.

Chasing the silver ended up with me even earning enough tbt to more than make up for any potential losses in the turnip market.

Really, I've made so much, I won't feel bad at all if I end up holding a rotten turnip tomorrow. A rotten turnip that's only worth 1 bell. A rotten, nasty turnip that could've been sold at 222 bells, but noooo, I had to hold. And now I might lose it all! It was double! Double! Why did I hold?!

But yes! I like the dust events.

I like how it encourages activity on the forum! I love having new threads to respond to, and the cap makes it feel less overwhelming than trying to grind out the goal within the first few days. I also like it better than sinking our bells.

right now I just wish refresh periods would roll into the next, mainly

like what I mean is let's say I hit cooldown and it's for a period of10 hours but I'm gone for another 20, then I wish the next time I was doing stuff I would have the period until cooldown extended to account for the extra 10 hours I missed

or just make cooldowns something like every 8 hours. that gives about 2 times per day generally to catch it under completely normal usage activity

Back