• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Legend of Zelda General Discussion

twilight princess is definitely my all-time favorite zelda game. im just in love with the graphics and storyline and just,, i could spend all day just playing it :)

matter of fact, i would be surprised if i have once! hehe
Same! :3
I even dressed up as Midna's true form back in 2017 for Halloween!
Sadly I can't show a photo atm for privacy reasons :w:

Anyone ever attempted a 3 heart run of a Zelda game? I tried to 3 heart Ocarina and It was fine until the Forest Temple where the Stalfos can kill you in two hits. I figured out how to handle them but at this point I've forgotten where I am in the dungeons puzzle .-.

Anyone ever attempted a 3 heart run of a Zelda game? I tried to 3 heart Ocarina and It was fine until the Forest Temple where the Stalfos can kill you in two hits. I figured out how to handle them but at this point I've forgotten where I am in the dungeons puzzle .-.
Yeah I do these a lot, I have a ton of fun with them! I usually prevent myself from using fairies or any other items that can revive you, and sometimes I'll even prevent healing items altogether if I'm in the mood.
Wind Waker HD
The first one that I did, and I did it on Hero mode as well. This is the only one I've done on any other additional mode, the rest I played on their default difficulty. But ngl Wind Waker is still really easy. Or maybe I've just overplayed it to death, oops. ALTHOUGH, I did attempt to do all 50 floors of the Savage Labyrinth and I couldn't do it. I could do the 30 required just fine, but those last 20 floors are brutal.

Skyward Sword
My second 3 heart run! Well a 6 heart run since that's what you start with, but I still did it all the same. Again, it wasn't too bad probably because I've replayed this one a bunch as well. I also managed to do the entire boss rush on this file so that's cool! I do want to go back and do this over again on Hero mode someday.

Link Between Worlds
I think this was the third one I did? Well it didn't last long, I got to Hyrule Castle after doing the 3 Hyrule dungeons but I couldn't get through it. The enemy spam in there is really brutal, especially for still being fairly early on in the game? I didn't even get to Lorule, rip.

Breath of the Wild
Honestly it didn't feel all that different from a normal run. I even disabled ALL of the divine beast skills you get, but I still got through it mostly fine. This was the first time I attempted the DLC though! Champion's Ballad was pretty rough, but I did get through it. Not doing the trial of the sword though, I don't hate myself that much.
Although this wasn't ENTIRELY a 3 heart run? I stockpiled enough spirit orbs so that when I had enough to pull out the Master Sword, I exchanged all of them in for hearts, grabbed the Master Sword, then went to the Hateno statue and sold all of the hearts back. I didn't do any battles in those 5 or so minutes so I allowed it.

Cadence of Hyrule
Yeah this was pretty tricky, but I got through it! :p Although it's still pretty tame compared to playing Yves, I can't do that. Or compared to playing the original Necrodancer, that's also brutal.

I only played a little bit of LOZ. It was Ocarina of Time on 3ds and I only got to play a little bit because I sold my 3ds in exchange for the switch lite before I could finish it. This series seems fun though. I love the music so much. I plan on getting LOZ Link’s Awakening, that is if I decide not to get Mario Kart. :,)

I am hoping the BoTW 2 will implement multiplayer by having Zelda playable with Link.

I might restart Breath of the Wild...because I haven't played it in forever, completely forget where I am, and forget how to play. Lol. I honestly would like to just continue and finish the game. But...I don't know if I can do that at this point. Hahaha.

I just restarted!! The first time I played I did all 150 shrines and side quests/memories and beat ganon, but now i'm playing through a second time and now I'm a complete noob again.

Honestly you should restart, it's really nice to take everything in a second time and notice things you didn't notice before

I'm in doubt to buy BotW ever again. I've played it on the WiiU and collected a lot of the stuff in the game, did all shrines and was very far with searching the colletibles. Only mayor thing left to do was beat Ganon, but... yes I'm ashamed haha... I had to buy the Nintendo Switch and to get some discount (read: to get the Switch "for free") I sold all the WiiU games in 1 sale including BotW so I never have beaten Ganon in Breath of the Wild. Now I'm not sure if I really want to buy it again since it's not the same magic anymore as when you play it for the first time and it never gets a good pricedrop just to beat him...

I might restart Breath of the Wild...because I haven't played it in forever, completely forget where I am, and forget how to play. Lol. I honestly would like to just continue and finish the game. But...I don't know if I can do that at this point. Hahaha.
I'm in the same boat. I bought it the day I bought my switch and played nothing but BOTW for the first several months. Fast forward 2 years and I haven't touched it since. Definitely getting closer to the time to slow down on animal crossing and getting back into zelda!

Talking about boats... When it's summer I always have a nice memory back to The Wind Waker which came out in the summer. It was so awesome and for me one of the best Zelda games ever. I wonder if they will bring it out again on the Switch. Not that I'm going to buy it since I already had the original and the WiiU version but gamers who never played it should do that :D

I'm in the same boat. I bought it the day I bought my switch and played nothing but BOTW for the first several months. Fast forward 2 years and I haven't touched it since. Definitely getting closer to the time to slow down on animal crossing and getting back into zelda!
I feel you, though I was kind of the opposite! I spent the entire month of October playing BOTW and I'm just now getting back into AC. It's such an amazing game! I have like 92 shrines done, at least 100 koroks, and I'm not even at 30% completion.

How’s everyone enjoying Age of Calamity? I think I’m about done with the story, somewhere in Chapter 7 currently I believe. Link and Impa are my two go to characters for the most part/.

I want to get a Legend of Zelda game for my switch, is Link's Awakening or Breath of the Wild more worth it?

My favorite Zelda games are Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Spirit Tracks, A Link Between Worlds, and of course, Breath of the Wild. I'm really excited for Breath of the Wild 2!

I want to get a Legend of Zelda game for my switch, is Link's Awakening or Breath of the Wild more worth it?
I haven't played Link's Awakening, but I just want to put it out there that BOTW has the best replay value that I've ever seen in a game. I've been playing pretty consistently since October, and I just BARELY hit 30% completion, even after defeating the final boss. And if you do finish, you can restart and do it all again, but different this time. It's honestly amazing. Highly recommend.

Edit: spelling

Back