Kirby Easter Egg
Pikachu Easter Egg
Yoshi Easter Egg
Easter Egg
Togepi Easter Egg
Classic Easter Egg
Pokéball
✿✿✿ Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild ✿✿✿

I just needed tips and tricks to play this game. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

I just learned the slow-mo attack during the battle with the beast Ruta...lol...that was a surprise when Prince Sidon suggested to pull out my arrow while in the air...whoa...big surprise...now i need to learn how to do it with a weapon...

I tend to panic when my shrine quest is "major test of strength" i tend to just walk out..lol...I'm able to do the minor test...so i need more practice and get better weapons and lots of arrows to defeat the 4 divine beasts...

I know the game is pretty old but this is my first ever battle game...i tend to stick to ACNL...

Last edited:
I just needed tips and tricks to play this game. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

I just learned the slow-mo attack during the battle with the beast Ruta...lol...that was a surprise when Prince Sidon suggested to pull out my arrow while in the air...whoa...big surprise...now i need to learn how to do it with a weapon...

I tend to panic when my shrine quest is "major test of strength" i tend to just walk out..lol...I'm able to do the minor test...so i need more practice and get better weapons and lots of arrows to defeat the 4 divine beasts...

I know the game is pretty old but this is my first ever battle game...i tend to stick to ACNL...

To pull off a slow-down attack, or as the game likes to call it, a "flurry rush," you need to dodge at the very last possible second. So the moment you think they'll hit you, dodge. Believe me, this will be helpful in the Major Tests of Strength. They may seem intimidating, but I promise you with time, you'll be ITCHING for a fight. Good luck! :D

Nah I wouldn't say the game is old, it's only been out a year so it'll be fresh for a long time yet. I'm sure there are plenty of people here who can offer tips and tricks, I'll try to give you a few as well.

The flurry rush window isn't as precise as I thought originally, there are some attacks where it triggers very easily (especially vs Lynels but it may be a while before you decide to tackle one), it just takes time to get the feeling down for most monsters.

Don't underestimate how powerful stealth can be in a fight; going in guns blazing is fun if you're well enough geared, but if you're severely outnumbered you might have trouble, in which case, remember that you can always run away to reset the monsters and try again with a different approach. Stealth is a lot of fun though, and I'd recommend having at least one bow that fires long-distance shots at all times (eg. Golden bow or Phrenic bow), and use them exclusively for sniping watch tower enemies. If you use it sparingly, it will last you a long time. Similarly, it's a good idea to keep one smashing weapon (hammers for example) in your inventory as well, and use them to break any ore clusters you might find that can't be bombed safely.

Don't be afraid of harsh climates, but don't go in unprepared either. Elemental weapons can be very useful for these areas; fire weapons will keep Link warm in mildly cold areas, and ice weapons will keep him cool in mildly warm areas, but only if they are equipped. They can be great if you're lacking materials to craft potions/don't have the relevant armour, but my favourite thing about using them was that you're not pressured by time limits like you are with potions. So if you just want to explore a little bit and avoid combat, these weapons will make looking around a little easier. Of course there are areas with more extreme climates, and you will need an extra piece of protection on top of your elemental weapon, but the circlets sold in Gerudo Town are enough.

Dying isn't a big deal, the game doesn't really punish you for dying, and with the auto save system you can always reload an earlier save to try again. I think you're doing the right thing by doing Vah Ruta first, the ability you get from completing it is great for covering surprise deaths or any mistakes, so don't be afraid to be adventurous. Just have fun and relax.

There's tons more I can recommend but this post is getting pretty long, so don't hesitate to ask any specific questions. Lots of members here probably have many answers to offer in the form of tips and tricks. :)

To pull off a slow-down attack, or as the game likes to call it, a "flurry rush," you need to dodge at the very last possible second. So the moment you think they'll hit you, dodge. Believe me, this will be helpful in the Major Tests of Strength. They may seem intimidating, but I promise you with time, you'll be ITCHING for a fight. Good luck! :D

They just ripped off Witch Time tbh
But yeah just learn its attack pattern and it becomes a total cakewalk even with low damage weapons.

great advice....thanks....i just can't stop panicking lol....
i was able to unlock all the tower so i have the complete map...(i climbed a lot and hid a lot...battling those lizards and flying wizards are scary) now working on getting the shrines to get stronger...i'm able to do the test of strengths now....but still having a hard time unlocking the "eventide island" shrine...

Eventide Island is kinda dumb, I cheesed it by just using the special/magic abilities from the champions and whenever they ran out I'd just wait for them to recharge before advancing. So patience is key :p

Eventide Island is kinda dumb, I cheesed it by just using the special/magic abilities from the champions and whenever they ran out I'd just wait for them to recharge before advancing. So patience is key :p

I wouldn't say it's dumb. I actually stumbled upon it rather early in my game when I still had a very small amount of hearts, and I died multiple times because all the enemies would 1 hit kill me. I guess it depends on when you find it. If you are already very strong, then it's too easy.

As for tips, all I can think to say is to play your game your way. There is no "correct" way. My friend was playing it and he was trying to do it "the correct way" and he was stressing out and not enjoying it because he couldn't figure it out. So it's good to remember that there are multiple solutions to most things, combat based, puzzle based, and exploration as well. If one thing isn't working, try to think outside the box :) You'll find that you'll have lots of fun figuring out a solution that is just so bizarre that you feel proud of yourself for being so creative. That was my favourite part of the game!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I wouldn't say it's dumb. I actually stumbled upon it rather early in my game when I still had a very small amount of hearts, and I died multiple times because all the enemies would 1 hit kill me. I guess it depends on when you find it. If you are already very strong, then it's too easy.

As for tips, all I can think to say is to play your game your way. There is no "correct" way. My friend was playing it and he was trying to do it "the correct way" and he was stressing out and not enjoying it because he couldn't figure it out. So it's good to remember that there are multiple solutions to most things, combat based, puzzle based, and exploration as well. If one thing isn't working, try to think outside the box :) You'll find that you'll have lots of fun figuring out a solution that is just so bizarre that you feel proud of yourself for being so creative. That was my favourite part of the game!

I played the game super stealthily in the beginning. I would attack from a distance and hide until things settled down, the bombs were my weapon of choice. Don’t forget to use your shield and dodge, cook a bunch of foods and know when to use the elemental arrows/weapons. You can take out the fire wizard with just 1 ice arrow, same with the fire lizards.
I experiment a lot in this game and that’s what makes it so fun. Fighting by throwing the boomerang is super satisfying, probably my favorite weapon to use.

i am the dumbest ever....i was in Hyrule castle looking to finish up my korok seeds and not paying attention where i was going...and accidentally entered the sanctum....O.M.G.....BOOOMM!!!! ....freaked out....can't get out...i haven't even beat the eventide shrine quest and haven't done the trial of the sword....and yet...there is Ganon....super scary.....only thing i can do is try to blocked with shield parried....and was able to shoot him down.....and used urbosa's fury..he vanished....then...super big beast.....shoot the lights...then used revali's gale to hit the eye on the forehead....i was able to kill Ganon...OMG...only wanted all the korok seed in the castle..but ended up with Ganon...LMAO....

i destroyed ganon but it didn't save...is it because i didn't finish all the shrine quest? it said destroy ganon complete but it's not saved in my game...the save was before i entered the sanctum...WHAT THE HEECCKK!!!!

i destroyed ganon but it didn't save...is it because i didn't finish all the shrine quest? it said destroy ganon complete but it's not saved in my game...the save was before i entered the sanctum...WHAT THE HEECCKK!!!!

Yeah this game doesn't "save" when you beat Ganon. After beating him, your save file gets a star next to it, and the game loads you in front of the Sanctum. So you can't truly defeat Ganon since you can't play any of the game after beating him.

It sounds strange but it's fairly common in a lot of games (every other Zelda game is exactly like this).

You'll notice a star next to the save. That means the game has been beat. There is nothing wrong with it; it is to avoid the game no longer having a load, so they have to reset the save right before the fight to allow to keep fighting for something. It happens with every Zelda game, don't worry :)

oh i see....whew..thank you for letting me know....but i really wanted that bow of light...it was sooo cool...
now i'm trying to finish my album...but i don't think i can finish because i forgot to take pics of all the 4 boses, even koga (leader of yiga clan..he's funny lol)
i still can't do the trial of the sword cuz i still can't do flurry attacks...i can deflect with the shield but flurry attack seems beyond me...instead of trying to jump sideways, i keep pushing the joystick down, so link keeps crouching in the middle of a fight...lol...i'm hopeless...

Last edited:
oh i see....whew..thank you for letting me know....but i really wanted that bow of light...it was sooo cool...
now i'm trying to finish my album...but i don't think i can finish because i forgot to take pics of all the 4 boses, even koga (leader of yiga clan..he's funny lol)
i still can't do the trial of the sword cuz i still can't do flurry attacks...i can deflect with the shield but flurry attack seems beyond me...instead of trying to jump sideways, i keep pushing the joystick down, so link keeps crouching in the middle of a fight...lol...i'm hopeless...

Don't worry, it takes practice. It took my awhile as well, but maybe try to let go and flick the analog stick when you're ready for a flurry rush. That way, you won't accidentally press it. As for those pictures, I found this; a thread that spoke of where you can get these boss pictures in case you miss them.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/189707-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/75157933

Last edited:
Don't worry, it takes practice. It took my awhile as well, but maybe try to let go and flick the analog stick when you're ready for a flurry rush. That way, you won't accidentally press it. As for those pictures, I found this; a thread that spoke of where you can get these boss pictures in case you miss them.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/189707-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/75157933

thank you...i'll try that....and thanks for the info about the pictures....i can flurry sometimes but i still can't get the timing right so most of my flurry is by accident lol

I just got the game not too long ago, and have been looking up stuff on youtube. Someone said you can use the magnesis rune and a metal weapon to flip over a decayed, inactive guardian, and get an ancient core real easy. I can't seem to do that. Maybe it is a specific one.

I just got the game not too long ago, and have been looking up stuff on youtube. Someone said you can use the magnesis rune and a metal weapon to flip over a decayed, inactive guardian, and get an ancient core real easy. I can't seem to do that. Maybe it is a specific one.

Actually it is the ones that are usually "detached" from the world. And they are usually over a bit of water, so instead of your method, try Cryonis. It should be able to fit just at the edge of the Guardian, and then it will just flip over.

Last edited:
thank you...i'll try that....and thanks for the info about the pictures....i can flurry sometimes but i still can't get the timing right so most of my flurry is by accident lol

I know it sounds dangerous, but Lynels are really easy to flurry rush. Maybe try attacking the red one near the Zora village. Flipping backwards while he is swinging his sword usually gives me a flurry rush after one or two of his attacks.

I am currently missing 9 shrines, but I am not sure where to look for them. It is so close, I don't really want to use a guide for it.

I’m thinking of getting the DLC but I’m not sure how it all works. Can you chose the DLC in the menus or do I have to go out looking for it in my (already completed) save file?

Back