• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Pokemon Fan-Region and Fakemon Design Thread - Share your Fakemon Creations

ShinkaiTheSeaWing

Inter-Galactic Planet Protection
Bells
Switch
3578-8270-0127
Island
Eventide
White Lily
White Lily
White Pansy
White Lily
White Lily
Galaxolotl Star Fragment
Space Whale Plush
Camp Bell Tree 2023 Patch
S.S. Dolphin
Coco
Welcome to the Fakemon Thread! Here, you can post anything related to your own Pokemon creations, whether it be sketches of your fan-made Pokemon, in-depth details on the lore of your Fakemon Region, concepts you've thought of for hypothetical Pokemon regions or anything in between. I've decided to create this within the Museum, as I expect this thread to contain mostly art and writing, but that doesn't have to be the case! Feel free to comment on other's creations, and to provide others with ideas.

Here are some brief guidelines that I'd like to mention, just to keep this place under control:
- Keep it civil. Any critique on other's posts should be kind, and should in some way help them to create more.
- Try not to make your posts too image-heavy. I know this is an art thread, but please try your best to shrink down the images to a reasonable size, and to not post too many at a time.
- Make room for others' posts. On the topic of the last rule, I and likely many others would appreciate it if you would keep your posts more spread out, so as not to drown anybody's creations.
- Please follow all of the standard guidelines for the museum. It's the topmost pinned thread, so look there if you want more info.
- Last but not least, have fun! Keep your spirits up, even if you dislike the art you've made, or feel like everyone else is better than you at drawing (which isn't true, everyone draws differently!). This is a place to have fun and create cool designs for Pokemon and to worldbuild a unique environment.
- Here's the most necessary thing to say; If you already have your own thread for posting your Fakemon art, by all means, keep using it! This thread is not to make your posts redundant but to instead provide a place for everyone to regularly share their own ideas, art, and other information about their Pokemon creations. Thank you!

With that out of the way, I personally have my own Fakemon Region concept based on the Arctic Archipelago in Canada, known as the Mihione Region. Its design is mostly themed around the culture of the Inuit people native to the region. I've only come up with a few designs for the region, so I likely won't be sharing any actual art here for a while, but I will probably share some ideas I have.
Gotta catch 'em all, wherever in the world of Pokemon that may lead you! 🗺🧭

bump
(I know bumps are not really something you do in Museum posts, but I feel since this is a place for everyone to post things on, than it should be okay)

Since around last year, I've had ideas for a region based loosely on New England (and a few nearby areas like eastern Long Island and Nova Scotia). The Unova Region would also be accessible from here, and vice versa, akin to Kanto and Johto. So far, I have only a loose sketch of the region map and the badges design-wise.
IMG_20230918_234525.jpg

The region map, outlined in pen.
IMG_20230918_234540.jpg

Gym badges, in order in which one would likely obtain them. I also specified their associated types.

Since around last year, I've had ideas for a region based loosely on New England (and a few nearby areas like eastern Long Island and Nova Scotia). The Unova Region would also be accessible from here, and vice versa, akin to Kanto and Johto.
Wow, cool! I'd never thought of a New England region before, but I guess it makes sense! Perhaps, since our regions would be so close, a few Pokemon from each region could make it into each other's dex? Just an idea, but anyway, now that you've shared an image, I'm going to go look for that one drawing I did for my region...

Back