Pink Hybrid Hyacinth
Pink Hybrid Lily
Pink Hybrid Tulip
Golden Watering Can
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Pink Toy Hammer
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Pink Balloon
basically, i hate laundry smell. i usually try to find the most scent-free or light detergent for my clothes. if i want my clothes to smell i like to use perfume and it tends to clash with detergent/softener smells so that's why i avoid them.

do you like when clothes come out of the washer/dryer scented? do you use scent additives in your laundry? why or why not?

this thread brought to you by idle thoughts as i fold my unscented laundry lol

I never really minded it before but now I'm noticing, since being pregnant and my smell increasing, it's just too strong.
I do like fresh cotton scents and I usually like the original gain. But whatever I got at sam's is not it. :(

Ours is scent free I believe. My spouse is sensitive to soaps so we stick with the same one. We also avoid drier sheets, which I don't care for them much anyway. They are kind of strong smelling.
Vinegar works as a softener and deodorizer in the wash if need be. And it doesn't make a vinegar smell either when it's done.

i don't care for the scented stuff either. most tend to be too strong for me, plus my sister has sensitive skin, so we try to be careful of what soaps we use.
what i love is the feel of laundry when's it's fresh out of the dryer and it's all warm. very nice feeling 😋

It heavily depends on the smell and strength of the detergent, my favorites are probably mild “ocean breeze” smells and certainly mild lavender (though, it’s distinctly different from and inferior to real lavender).

I use to love the smell of gain laundry detergent and loved having my laundry come out smelling all nice and fresh, but now all the smells are too strong for me. I mainly only stick to unscented detergents now, especially since there are also people in my family with eczema / sensitive skin problems. I use vinegar in the wash if something is particular funky smelling. I have also stopped using dryer sheets.

My fiancé is allergic to some scents so his clothes are always washed scent free. Thankfully he's not allergic to me and my clothes (but I'd gladly switch to scent free if he needed me to). I love scents! My perfume and body spray hoard is proof of that. For laundry I prefer florals. Gain always has good scents. I borrowed scent beads from my neighbor but I didn't really smell a difference from using them so I don't.

I really like to use the tide gentle and clean laundry detergent. I find it doesn't have much of a smell (just smells clean) which is what I prefer. I like to add scent via lotions and perfumes so I don't feel a need or want to have strongly scented clothes! Plus my kitty sleeps on my bed with me and I don't want the strong scents irritating her.

The problem is each product has in own fragrance and when you are using more than one, it all mix together. I'm choosing the softener, which has a light smell like green apple, but the detergent comes from Costco, and there is not a lot of choice in big format, no unscented, and then sometimes my family put some dryer sheets when I'm not looking that have a strong unpleasant smell to me. In the end it's like a mix of perfumes .

I don’t think I’ve ever had proper scented stuff because there’s so much eczema in my family. I just hate the smell of washing powder in general to be honest 😂

Do you like when clothes come out of the washer/dryer scented?
I really like it when clean clothes smell good. I dry my clothes outside on a clothesline. This is the tropics so the weather is usually nice enought to dry all the clothes and linens. Clean clothes that smell fresh feel like they are good enough to wear.

Do you use scent additives in your laundry? Why or why not?
I usually do. I like the more natural scents and avoid using fruit smells. Floral scents like vanilla or lavender are preferable.

i don't have a particular preference tbh. i don't really like extremely floral scents. i like scents like "cotton" or "fresh" smells (i have no clue how to explain this nor what the smell of cotton actually even is)... something along that line lol. i don't think the scents really sticks to ur clothes after a while anyways so it doesn't really seem to matter whether the detergent had a scent in the first place. i use dryer sheets cause i think it makes ur clothes soft? otherwise i don't add anything special.

I use regular Tide, I think it smells fine. not too overbearing or anything. I like to have a bit of scent in my clothes. now if it was overbearing then I would have a problem with it, but the one that I use isn't. I do also use scented dryer sheets, but besides that I don't add any fragrance booster. as long as my clothes are clean that's what matters. 😌

I don’t use fabric softeners on my clothes, so unfortunately my clothes don’t smell like anything. I use diluted white vinegar to soften them.

I do like experimenting with dryer sheets though. I like the classic Downey aroma or other cloud/linen aromas. I usually like the scent of lavender but it smells too strong on a dryer sheet.

Back