Lack of Furniture Variety - What Do You Feel is Missing?

i miss the sanrio sets from NL and PC (and the villagers). also all the wall items we had. like i played HHD and i loved the rugs being able to go outside. also the lack of tables and seating in NH is crazy... like you want me to make a kitchen but the room is tiny and we get maybe 3 proper counters to place other than that you gotta use desks craftily and try to match the color and wood grain.

I agree that we need more fancy furniture for inside our houses. Regal, rococo, Gracie's sets, etc... Antique and imperial just don't fill that void on their own.

I also agree that we need more variety in the types of outdoor furniture that we get. Right now, if you want to do something that isn't generic cottagecore, you basically need to litter your island with customized simple panels. The mermaid set and pirate set have been pretty good in that regard, but it'd be nice to see even more sets released that can be displayed outdoors year round. My main fear for the Halloween items we're slated to get soonish is that the items will wind up looking a bit tacky unless you commit to a full spook island. Like on a horror island, they'd fit in, but everywhere else they just look like cheap Party City decorations. So I hope that future updates do include some subtle, ambiance pieces as well as the fun, over-the-top ones.

The Alpine set, Princess set, Minimalist set and Rococo set were favorites from New Leaf. Some of the Welcome Amiibo furniture like the display stands, bistro table and all of the food items would be perfect for decorating outside cafés. I have a feeling they're not coming back though.

Last edited:
a big one for me rn is the lack of food items - with how many new leaf had, new horizons definitely downgraded in terms of it. i remember being so confused in new leaf because i didn’t think we needed that many food items but now?? i feel bad for taking it for granted LMAO.

also, why is there such a tiny amount of tables? i know this one isn’t that bad but like,, there feels like there’s hardly any tables at all lmao

Theres a pretty big lack of tech themed furniture. I know there’s the Sahara items, the server, and some computers but that’s all I can really think of without going into the space items.

And the fact we don’t have any Valcano themed items is tragic! We’re on a tropical island for crying out loud!

All from New Leaf.

All of the furniture sets, like Rococo and Gorgeous.
Various NL walls and flooring from Cyrus RV, and Saharah.
The HHD giant furniure.

Around 20+ plants and bonsai's.
All the RV items.

Monster Hunter and Zelda items.

Triforce
Nintendogs figures
Merlion
Bowling Pins
Ball Return
Trellis and the customizations
Zen Chairs
Box Seat
Trough
Wagon
Shop Front
Well
Fairy Bottle
Poogie
Blue Vase
Red Vase
Bread Basket
Bread Making Set
Tarts and all the customizations
Cupcakes and all the customization
Stew pot and all the customization
Taco's
Omelette
Pizza
Risotto
Pancakes
Pumpkin Pie
Sausages
Fish and Chips
Lobster
Wheat Grass
Corn Stalks
Spool
Tractor
Luxury Car
Kayak
Compass
Backpack (the blue item)
Beacon Fire
All the posts, Corinthian, etc
All the Totem Poles
Proper Whirlpool bath with decent graphics and rose petal custimization
Cicada Stereo
Pirate Armor
Wall Torches (Part of the golden set)
Drip Pale
Creepy Bones
Cheese
Milk Canister
Hay Bales
Screens from Saharah's RV
Clam Music Box (Cyrus)
Barbecue Spit
Hunters Cart

Mannequins.

Seriously, these are items off the top of my head that I want/need back to make NH perfect!
The list is just the tip of the iceberg.

Oh, and larger PWP's.

Zen Bell
Windmill
Boot.

After seeing Nintendo provides updates from time to time, I am quite optimistic that this game will still continue to get better.

I do understand why some players would prefer to get the "full version" on day one. However, they are aiming to make this game fresh as time goes by. :)

The same goes with our current furniture selections. Let's give it some time.

Last edited:
I really want more small decor items that aren't cluttery or office-like (pen stands, phones, etc.). Stuff like more tiny plants, vases, bookends, more types of candles, etc. I'd love more items you can hang on the wall and more bag types too!

Above all I want items my villagers can interact with like they do in pocket camp, even if they're expensive or require nook mile redemptions. I've found after several months of playing that there's really nothing new to spend my money on anymore. They really should inject some new furniture sets into the game, and not just special event furniture for holidays.

Reading through these responses there are a lot of things I'd forgotten, as well as plenty of items I miss as well!! The rococo set, minimalist set, pillars and food items! I was overwhelmed with food items in NL and now it's all I can do to decorate a kitchen and eating areas with more than like 3 different tea sets, lol. All of the old Nintendo items like the master sword are sorely missed, as well. ☹

After seeing Nintendo provide updates from time to time, I am quite optimistic that this game will still continue to get better.

I do understand why some players would prefer to get the "full version" on day one. However, they are aiming to make this game fresh as time goes by. :)

The same goes with our current furniture selections. Let's give it some time.
I don't disagree, but at the same time I feel like the could have at least started us out with basics and staples previous games provided us with. They didn't need to give us absolutely everything day one, just at least as much as previous games. I'm not one to complain about games giving us things via updates, but I feel like when the game is released there's kind of a certain standard they need to launch with. Like, a baseline of items.

Yes, it's nice that the updates keep things fresh for a while, but updates are somewhat few and far between in giving us the variety we desire and it's frustrating to have the game for almost 6 months and to have such limited item choices for decorating in different themes!

It's not like I feel like we should have had every previous furniture set and item on launch, but to give us this much less (yes, with some new items) and not be giving us more than 1 or 2 new sets per update is subpar, imo.

Minimalist, not wooden, modern and sleek furniture. In sets. With tables.

But also all these items that had you scratching your head thinking how the hell you're supposed to put these in your bedroom... just being completely and utterly absent from the game where you literally can finally decorate outside. I'm thinking things along the lines of the rainbow and aurora screens, the items you'd get in just about every Pocket Camp cookie (considering outdoors is what you largely decorate in that game) like little stepping stones and puddles and fairy lights... just stuff like that. We don't have a lot of options to NOT make our house a log cabin, yet people are putting whole bookshelves outside because they ran out of ideas of what to possibly put on their island... Hm.
Outside decoration was something I couldn't wait for in NH and it just ended up being so underwhelming just because of the lack of items. People are definitely still able to be creative with what we're given, but it's weird going backwards from previous games (including an APP game) in terms of variety with items. With a more powerful system, you have more capabilities and should be giving your players more or at least just as much!

i miss the sanrio sets from NL and PC (and the villagers). also all the wall items we had. like i played HHD and i loved the rugs being able to go outside. also the lack of tables and seating in NH is crazy... like you want me to make a kitchen but the room is tiny and we get maybe 3 proper counters to place other than that you gotta use desks craftily and try to match the color and wood grain.
The lack of being able to place rugs outside is so upsetting! I'm not even sure what reason they have for not giving us that feature again. Especially because it was in HHD and PC!

Also, going through everything everyone's saying I'm realizing why so many villager's original interior designs were changed -- they didn't bring back the items! Or with some (like Keaton for example) they brought items back (surfboards for the summer, in his case) at a later date so they couldn't be included in the houses. Maybe I'm a little late to the party realizing this, but it makes the lack of items even worse to me, I miss so many of their original house interiors and was bothered by so many having been changed!

i miss the princess and rococo set so much besides the mermaid set (which im so happy they added) i used to use those all the time.

what i really really miss are the food item furniture like nh barely has foods lk i can only use moms homemade cake so many times before everything looks the same 😭

I really want a chandelier of sorts 0: I think that would be cool and match my theme. I'd also love more food options in this game, not just cakes and fruit.

another thing that would be cool is if we could hang wall-mounted furniture items on simple panels.

i am back, once again, to ask for a wall item so I can hang plants outdoors
nintendo pls. i need to make an outdoor greenhouse thats not in my house

Ooh I would looove the dessert case back from NL to be in NH. Especially since they let you place furniture outside, I could make a better bakery/cafe! I would also like the 7/11 set back. It would also be awesome since you can make an outside seven eleven, and you get an ATM so you don’t have to go to Nook’s every time you want to withdraw/deposit money or buy a Nook item. I feel like the way of life in NH has decreased if you know what I mean. Back then, we could’ve had atm’s, picked up flowers without having to use the shovel, etc. I feel like Nintendo should add more cafe related furniture and sets (Like the princess, Astro, minimalist set) into the game.

I just realized that the citrus/orange chairs are not available. I was going to use those in my out door café, but I guess I'm going with a different fruit themed chair...

(I really just miss a lot of the fruit themed items...)
But I do agree with everyone saying there needs to be more of the food themed items. Sweets series particularly... but mainly the fruit themed stuff. <_<

I'm holding out that some of the old furniture sets/themes to make a return in these updates. I really, really miss Rococo, though. </3 It was my favorite set in NL, and I'm hoping that it comes back for the Halloween update (since it kind of has a gothic vibe) or something that's similar to it. I need more furniture to decorate my Haunted Mansion room... :/

I'd love to see more plants, food items, and the return of gyroids too. I just think back to all the stuff we got in New Leaf/Happy Home Designer and wonder why so much got cut from the game. It's sad, really... There's also all the items that were introduced in Pocket Camp. I've barely played PC, but from the little that I did, I adored much of the new furniture. Imagine what you could do with your island/home with all the unique items! I feel like having these things back would really liven things up!

Back