July 4th Holiday Playtime!

2kimi2furious

Sleepy Bear
Bells
Ancient Candle
Jack
Voodoo Doll
Pumpkin Cupcake
I did a bunch of work on my house yesterday, but I also had a lot of time to play in both of my towns. I also realized that I've been using the dream suite a bit, but haven't really been posting about the towns I'm visiting, so this update will have a little special section for that too.

My town tree is finally big enough to sit under... I believe I may have mentioned that last time. I saw that I only had like 24 visits, which sucks. I need 100 for my train station remodel. So I came up with a plan.

I have like a jillion flowers in town. Most are yellow, which I absolutely HATE!!! I have always hated yellow flowers irl and in game. And also I was sick of watering everything. So I made a post advertising free flowers if you help me get my gate count up. I had my gates open the whole time I was doing work and got about 20 visits. Every little bit helps!

Everyone who visited was super lovely and took a lot of flowers I didn't want, lol. I was mostly grateful for that, but also for the gate counts. While everyone was over, a beautiful rainbow developed in my town and it made me happy seeing everyone running around my town, picking flowers in the sunshine being so nice. I hope the next time people come, it does the same thing, but I doubt it. I think it's the dry season in the game now, so no more rainbows. :(

All of my alts have left and right wings in their houses now. I am still gonna work on building extra rooms, but getting them zen exteriors is top priority right now. I don't want to give them huge houses with nothing to put in them (please sell me things from my wishlist, lol).

I felt bad for poor Kagome and Chiharu who are wearing long-sleeve kimonos supplied by the Able Sisters, so I made a short-sleeved summer one for Kagome and found a cute orangish-peach one for Chiharu. I just don't like seeing them overheated when they come outside in long sleeves.

Biskit should be moving out soon. I've got Ken lined up to move in on Sunday. I'm kind of hoping he moves into a big patch of yellow roses that keep multiplying even tho I'm not watering them. I like smug villagers and Ken's got such a cool design. Mayor Kimi might fall in love with him in addition to Walt, lol. That's about it for Fujimori for the moment.

I used the dress design to make a long overcoat for Ezra like he wears in the ride (the middle ghost), but I'm not happy with it. I think I might just put him in a blazer and formal pants if I can't make an overcoat "dress" that I like for him. I also got the grandpa hat for him to wear, but it looks kinda... bad with the coat. I don't know. I'm going to have to work on it some more. I just don't have a lot of disposable bells to keep making pro designs for him right now.

I've decided to leave Leota's hair that pastel lime green color. Instead of having it styled, though, I'm going to let it get to that messy stage that it gets to when you don't play for a while. I think that'll help me visualize her as a mad, eccentric fortune teller. I'm giving her a few more days in her house before I check up on her to see what she looks like. I've also got to start enlarging her house soon, but I'm going to do that when I build the other wing of William's house.

Speaking of William, I've got his house looking the way I want it on the outside. The only thing I need to remodel is the mailbox. But I feel like there's not a lot of mailboxes to choose from, so I'm not quite sure what I want to pick. Still working on acquiring things for his house (and here I'm just gonna pimp the Gracey wishlist as well), but I've had a lot of luck with the Nooklings and managed to snag a few items I want.

I started planning out how to better my cemetery area. Specifically, I decided I wanted to place a bench in the little area that juts out over the river. I don't have the bench I want in my PWPs yet (either the wooden bench or the metal bench, whichever comes first), but I did lay out some tiles to surround the area. Upon doing so, I noticed that my gravestones were off center!!! To fix it, I had to demolish one of my street lamps in the corner and then move my path one square to the left. It was a pain in my butt and I'm sorry to see that street lamp go, but it had to be done sooner or later. I chose sooner.

Marshal left town. I got Bree to move in and replace him! I still have one open spot for a tenth villager, and I believe I'm picking up Diana for that spot soon. Marhsal did fit into the black and white color scheme of the villagers I chose to live in Gracey, but I just feel like... I don't know, I like Marshal, but he's got too much of a cutesy connotation for me. So does Diana, but I also like her more than him, so I was willing to make a concession for her, lol.

I've basically just spent a lot of time catching bugs and fish for my museum and to sell at Re-tail. I'm just grinding a bit at this point. But whatever, I need the bells. I'm not quite ready to go begging for bells on the forums just yet. I'd rather save my TBT for unorderable items and villagers.

I've got a spreadsheet of towns that I'd like to visit on the way to earning my dreaming merit badge in Fujimori. I don't quite remember where I left off, so I'm going to do my best.

Ghibli
DA: 4A00-0045-8576
This little town was definitely hacked. However, it was very well done. I loved going from house to house and trying to guess the movie that was supposed to be represented. My favorite was the little artist's shack in the woods. It was definitely an altogether magical feeling town.

Hangzhou
DA: 5D00-00C4-D1D1
This was my favorite town that I'd seen in a good long while. The theme centered on the Chinese Zodiac and all of the villagers were chosen to represent them. For stuff like the snake and stuff, the person who made the town chose to make human characters represent them. Each house was surrounded by tiles of whatever zodiac animal they were supposed to represent. The mayor of the town had a big long walkway with all 12 zodiac animals represented as it lead up to the house. I was just very charmed by all the thought that went into this town and I loved it. It wasn't hacked either (at least obviously so!)

Nola
DA: 4A00-000F-8216
Definitely chose to visit this one because of the New Orleans name, lol. It was kind of a naturey/zen themed town, but also had some New Orleans stuff thrown in there. It was quite a kooky mix. It seems a little underdeveloped to me, like maybe it's still a work in process. It was still lovely, though, and the mayor did a great job with it.

I honestly thought I'd visited more than three towns, but my little spread sheet has a column for date visited and that's all I got. I'm going to have to do a better job and visit some more.

Alright, that's all I got for today. See y'all next time.

Back