"i've moved out" villager glitch!

People are saying it's something to do with the void but I have no idea if that's correct - like say you visit someone's island or they visit you and have a voided villager which somehow messes up the data of the one you adopted.
This is one I'm just stopping all online play right now.
I could be totally wrong about this theory though but it's really the only precaution I can take at this point.

I wonder what the best course of action would be now - to stop anyone from moving until this is patched?
I'm definitely not doing anymore online play until this is fixed.

I am definitely seeing a pattern with the glitch triggering after online play whether it's visiting someone's town or being visited, so I would advise to stay away from online (or local) play. Basically any in-game interactions with people outside of your island.

Hopefully, hopefully, hopefully Nintendo will patch these glitches if/when they release an update for Earth Day. Only a few days to go to see if this could be the case. Otherwise we know from several members here that they are well aware of the problems (thanks to all of us who have submitted reports) and are working on a fix.

Here we all are quarantined in a game we're playing to escape a real-life quarantine. Oh the irony.

Last edited:
The glitch has NOT been patched for Earth Day, as far as I can tell - O'Hare's house still says "I've moved out." I'm going to TT to check if a new day unbreaks him.
Post automatically merged:

His house got entirely deleted and I now have an empty lot.
EWQGTfjUMAAxNO2

Last edited:
The glitch has NOT been patched for Earth Day, as far as I can tell - O'Hare's house still says "I've moved out." I'm going to TT to check if a new day unbreaks him.

His house got entirely deleted and I now have an empty lot.
EWQGTfjUMAAxNO2
I can second this. I had a glitched Lucky whose plot was cleared after test-TTing forward one day. Not an ideal fix but a fix. Not proof that the glitch itself is definitively gone (it's possible, for example, that the glitch can still happen but the villager now simply disappears instead of being stuck in "I've moved out!" mode) but a good sign.

God are you serious... ugh I hate this glitch.

People are saying it's something to do with the void but I have no idea if that's correct - like say you visit someone's island or they visit you and have a voided villager which somehow messes up the data of the one you adopted.
This is one I'm just stopping all online play right now.
I could be totally wrong about this theory though but it's really the only precaution I can take at this point.
Not sure about the void either but yes, if you invite someone over while having an open/sold out house the glitch will occur.

A while ago I received a Marshal and everything was completely fine and normal, I TT'd back and forth a lot of days (I'm talking months worth of TTing) as I was trying to make space for another villager I was trading for. Everything was fine, even after I adopted Diana, so imagine my surprise when I had someone visit my island for the first time since I had Marshal move in, and when I went to check on his house it said he moved out, just out of the blue.

I thought I was safe because I saw a lot of people reporting that the villager glitches after a few days of TT, and since I did wayyy more than that I figured it was fine, but oddly enough all it took was someone visiting - I have a full island btw - and that triggered the glitch.
Same happened to me with Marshal. Which is why online play isn't suggested if the most recent villager adopted is valuable to you. 😔

Last edited:
God are you serious... ugh I hate this glitch.

Not sure about the void either but yes, if you invite someone over while having an open/sold out house the glitch will occur.

Same happened to me with Marshal. Which is why online play isn't suggested if the most recent villager adopted is valuable to you. 😔
It sucked, but I wasn't going to sit around upset about it, so I immediately started TT-ing to get rid of Marshal's glitched house and emptied it and went to bidding on another Marshal 😬

It sucked, but I wasn't going to sit around upset about it, so I immediately started TT-ing to get rid of Marshal's glitched house and emptied it and went to bidding on another Marshal 😬
Also I have to add the most recent villager I had moved in at that point was Diana, not Marshal! So unfortunately it appears the glitch can happen to even the villagers who weren't the last to move in.

Also I have to add the most recent villager I had moved in at that point was Diana, not Marshal! So unfortunately it appears the glitch can happen to even the villagers who weren't the last to move in.
I wanted to do the same and will but I don't want to risk losing a villager again until it gets fixed. 😔

If existing glitched houses are disappearing on a new day that does sound like that part is fixed. There's probably no way to recover the ones that are already glitched so they just disappear.

The question we gotta figure out is to see if anyone continues to get fresh glitches with new adoptions post-update.

If existing glitched houses are disappearing on a new day that does sound like that part is fixed. There's probably no way to recover the ones that are already glitched so they just disappear.

The question we gotta figure out is to see if anyone continues to get fresh glitches with new adoptions post-update.
I'm about to test this out with a friend. Give me like 30 minutes!

Just a question: I got a villager from a NMT island today. The villager in their plot beforehand was also a NMT villager who I kicked out via cycling. If I TT 2-3 days forward [so said villager is out of boxes and walking around] and then go back to today, will the plot be alright? Or will it be glitched?

Just a question: I got a villager from a NMT island today. The villager in their plot beforehand was also a NMT villager who I kicked out via cycling. If I TT 2-3 days forward [so said villager is out of boxes and walking around] and then go back to today, will the plot be alright? Or will it be glitched?
The glitch only happened with villager adoptions, as far as I'm aware, and not every time. It's a nebulous and not very understood one.

The glitch only happened with villager adoptions, as far as I'm aware, and not every time. It's a nebulous and not very understood one.

Thank you! I'll just wait then, I really don't wanna mess this plot up...I hope results are seen soon that this is fixed.

Sorry waiting for my friend to come over ;v; she's a bit busy atm

Will this test determine whether or not we go adopt villagers that are being kicked out for amiibos?
Yeah I'm kicking Whitney out with an amiibo card! Apparently the glitch is fixed but i can double check once my friend comes haha

I have a Villager (Tammy) who is being kicked out by a non-Amiibo Camper, if they want to grab her to test that.

Back