"i've moved out" villager glitch!

That’s great! ;-; thank you for testing! Time to get Audie and Judy(maybe not) out of my island.

Has anyone who was quarantining with their villager tried online play yet? Want to know what happens to that villager.
I was under quarantine till Sunday and my suspected glitched Marshal was behaving fine up until today after the update where his house is now gone and the plot empty. I believe that everyone that had a glitched villager should be gone by now?

I was under quarantine till Sunday and my suspected glitched Marshal was behaving fine up until today after the update where his house is now gone and the plot empty. I believe that everyone that had a glitched villager should be gone by now?
EDIT: Tested and I can confirm I was safe!! Updated my game and Beau was fine, then travelled to someone else’s island and he’s still here!! I’m so happy!!

Some points for full disclosure: I had another villager naturally move in after Beau, not sure if that could have affected anything, my Beau is also currently crafting, not sure if that’s affected anything. It’s been about 5 days since I got him.

Has anyone who was quarantining with their villager tried online play yet? Want to know what happens to that villager.
i'm wondering the same thing, i just moved in raymond before the patch, updated today and he's fine but i'm scared to test the waters lol i'm assuming he'll be ok though.

It's shocking - Nintendo did not even address or acknowledge this in the patch notes. They have just swept it under the rug. They also once again just deleted the glitched villager, and on twitter some people claim it was not fixed for them.

They have dealt with this horribly.

Nintendo's always been infamously vague about their bug fixes. Fixes like waterfalls no longer getting visual glitches when placed at a southern river mouth were also not detailed.

I would hazard a guess bugged villagers had to disappear in both this fix and the last attempt at fixing it because they were simply already too far gone and considered by the game to be moved out.

Nintendo's always been infamously vague about their bug fixes. Fixes like waterfalls no longer getting visual glitches when placed at a southern river mouth were also not detailed.

I would hazard a guess bugged villagers had to disappear in both this fix and the last attempt at fixing it because they were simply already too far gone and considered by the game to be moved out.

Yeah but this glitch is gamebreaking and cannot be compared so visual glitches. The villager aspect of the game is HUGE, some people payed many bells or nmt, and other simply couldnt progress with their town because of it. It's insulting they cannot even acknowledge it and confirm that villager trades are safe again. Many now will not do trades regardless for fear it will happen again.

I have a couple of adopted villagers from another islands. So if I updated the game today and play and if I see all my villagers are still there should i assume that they safe and not glitched? Or do i need to TT one or two days to double confirm?

I have a couple of adopted villagers from another islands. So if I updated the game today and play and if I see all my villagers are still there should i assume that they safe and not glitched? Or do i need to TT one or two days to double confirm?
If they’re still there today you should be fine.

why they refused to address this? it's not like hacking caused this.......
Post automatically merged:

Yeah but this glitch is gamebreaking and cannot be compared so visual glitches. The villager aspect of the game is HUGE, some people payed many bells or nmt, and other simply couldnt progress with their town because of it. It's insulting they cannot even acknowledge it and confirm that villager trades are safe again. Many now will not do trades regardless for fear it will happen again.

people bought real life money too for amiibos. some friends have bought them for their friends but caused a glitch like this. in times of quarantine too, parcels are taking a lot of time to deliver. so all the time wasted, plus the 3 day move in process, it's a lot of time just for the villager to not end up on your island.

So today I startet the Update for Earthday + Gallery and now I have a Campsite Villager. Can I invite him without problems or could I still get a glitch? This is important for me.

So today I startet the Update for Earthday + Gallery and now I have a Campsite Villager. Can I invite him without problems or could I still get a glitch? This is important for me.
So much misinformation going on about this glitch 😂

It only affects villagers that are kicked out with an amiibo campsite visitor. Normal ones are 100% ok!

Edit: Except the glitch has been fixed now so any type of camper is ok!

I mean it was kinda tricky, because first he wanted Mitzi out and I restarted the Game. Then he choose Quillson. And I kinda like Groucho, so.

Just wanted to confirm that my glitched house plot is gone-- hopefully that means this issue is completely fixed!

So much misinformation going on about this glitch 😂

It only affects villagers that are kicked out with an amiibo campsite visitor. Normal ones are 100% ok!

Edit: Except the glitch has been fixed now so any type of camper is ok!
Actually, that's not true at all.
That was the initial glitch that was patched way before.
The "move out" glitch that we are talking about here could happen to potentially any adopted villagers or villagers from the void.

Back