"i've moved out" villager glitch!

maddong

unhindered clown
Bells
hi! yesterday i tried to adopt julian (kicked from amiibo i believe) from someone and i found a new glitch.
i thought it was safe to adopt since 1.1.2 came out, and everything seemed pretty normal.
the plot of land read that it was reserved for julian's home, so i saved and ended.

the next day, isabelle announced that julian had moved in, and when i went to his house, it was actually his and not another villager.
however, it said that he had moved out!
i am able to talk to tom nook about moving his plot and he shows up on my map, but he just isn't in my game...

EUr_zcYUwAA66Bl.jpeg

i've read that this has happened to a couple people since, but i wanted to make sure there was more awareness as i hadn't seen a thread on this forum yet.

i have contacted nintendo support on twitter, but their hotline was super backed up when i tried to call.
i'm on patch 1.1.3 and i don't time travel.
if any one is also having this problem, i've heard that you can still kick them through campsite or amiibo, but there's no one in my campsite and i don't have any amiibo.
i'm hoping by next patch, it'll be fixed...

it's really disheartening to see that this is still happening even after the patch, not being able to trade for villagers safely is a really big problem :( i hope that this can be brought to nintendo's attention again and resolved soon!

This sucks, I was really looking forward to trading villagers again.. I'm very sorry that this happened to you :/ Please report it to Nintendo when you can, they need to know that this is still happening. Sigh.

This happened to me when i asked Audie to move in from someone else's town :( I know the pain

Thanks for the heads up. I was hoping in a few days to try and get some villagers I'd really like (and assume aren't everyone's favorites) but now I know to make sure they werent amiibo outs. =<

Yeah this needs to be fixed....I am scared to scan in Beau because of this as I have heard you can still get a glitch yourself. I also have stitches, Rosie and a few other popular villagers that I would like to scan in to give to people...but I can't until this is fixed.

I have my Nintendo Switch with the Internet cut off.

I decided more time was needed for Nintendo to get things right.

What this topic, and the comments, are revealing is that I made the correct decision personally for myself. I have scanned in two villagers. Not a problem. So, this is good for me.

This sucks, I was really looking forward to trading villagers again.. I'm very sorry that this happened to you :/ Please report it to Nintendo when you can, they need to know that this is still happening. Sigh.
yeah, their hotline was super busy but hopefully it'll slow down soon
i've sent them a dm, but i'm not sure how responsive they are with it

This happened to me when i asked Audie to move in from someone else's town :( I know the pain
oh my gosh i'm so sorry! are you planning on trying to cycle her out or wait for a patch? audie is super difficult to get esp since she's new

I have my Nintendo Switch with the Internet cut off.

I decided more time was needed for Nintendo to get things right.

What this topic, and the comments, are revealing is that I made the correct decision personally for myself. I have scanned in two villagers. Not a problem. So, this is good for me.
yeah that was smart, i should've waited more! hoepfully since they fixed the balloons pretty fast this will be fixed too

I got Purrl yesterday by someone who pushed her out through Amiibo I think, so this might happen to me as well. This sucks. I'll probably wait for a patch because getting her was hard enough.

oof it is still happening?!! Thanks for sharing this so other people can be aware. I hope it gets fixed soon.

yeah that was smart, i should've waited more! hoepfully since they fixed the balloons pretty fast this will be fixed too

I should have added, even if clarification is not necessary, that I scanned the amiibo cards for islander slots No. 09 (the Cranky octopus Octavian) and No. 10 (the Normal duck Molly). They were in the campsite for three consecutive days each. As of this posting, Molly arrives on the next game date. (Her house plot’s location is now established.)

My islanders, for now, are:

01. starting Jock, and bear, Teddy
02. starting Uchi, and cat, Katt
03. Normal goat Nan (who I invited from an island visit)
04. Lazy deer Erik (who I invited from an island visit)
05. Peppy rabbit Bonbon (a random give, after rejecting other Peppies in island visits, and who I really am liking)
06. Smug bird Lucha (who was forced on me as the first visitor of the campsite)
07. Snooty werewolf Whitney (who I invited from an island visit)
08. Cranky cat Tom (who was randomly given to me as a placed an eight house at the time—and, frankly, my guess is the game knew I was lacking a Cranky and forced the issue)
09. Cranky octopus Octavian
10. Normal duck Molly

Islanders I want: Phoebe (to replace Nan); Marshal (to replace Lucha); and Stitches (to replace Tom).

I am not going to hurry this—meaning, try to drive out the trio. But, my representative (who I have named Candy) was informed by Bonbon she was considering moving. I like Bonbon. I did not have her in my “New Leaf” towns. She personally fits. So, I want to stay. She wills stay.

In the meantime, I am organizing my island. (I won’t go into details. It will take time. Even I don’t know for sure what I will do.)

Just happened to me with Diana. Swap out one game breaking bug for another it seems. Weirdly enough, my friend was on my island and I could see Diana and he couldn't. We sent each other pictures and sure enough, she was visible to only one of us. However, the next day, her door posted she had moved out and she's gone.

Wow...
I thought that the villager glitch was patched according to the notes.

messssyyyyyyyyy, very disheartening..... Sorry to hear it guys. I have all my amiibos ready to go, when I actually finish up my town. I'm sure it'll be fixed by then.. Right? Lets hope. o_O

Just happened to me with Diana. Swap out one game breaking bug for another it seems. Weirdly enough, my friend was on my island and I could see Diana and he couldn't. We sent each other pictures and sure enough, she was visible to only one of us. However, the next day, her door posted she had moved out and she's gone.

What?! So this means I'll loose my villager regardless? Wow this sucks. Nintendo fix your damn glitches.

From what it seems if you read from the original fourm post of the old glitch it’s been found that pushing out a villager twice on the same plot is what causes this glitch if you push out a villager from a plot and then use a different plot to push out another this glitch won’t happen and you should be able to safely push out villagers

I got Purrl yesterday by someone who pushed her out through Amiibo I think, so this might happen to me as well. This sucks. I'll probably wait for a patch because getting her was hard enough.
ahhh i hope it ends up okay or you!! but yeah, i'm also gonna wait in case a patch comes out.

omg what thats so odd!! i haven't tried to see if any of my friends could find julian...
so is the house still there with the move out message or is the house gone completely?

From what it seems if you read from the original fourm post of the old glitch it’s been found that pushing out a villager twice on the same plot is what causes this glitch if you push out a villager from a plot and then use a different plot to push out another this glitch won’t happen and you should be able to safely push out villagers
omg i had no idea! going to ask if this is what happened w/ the person i got jullian from :—0

dang, and here i was thinking i could easily trade villagers with amiibo forceouts. thanks for sharing this info!!! sorry that this happened to you, hopefully ninty will patch it and you can save him.

I've seen people saying that the exterior glitch is still happening as well. If you force someone out and move an amiibo villager in, the new villager will still have the old one's exterior.

Back