• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Is there anyone who still plays new leaf?

i play on and off, mostly when i find myself getting bored of new horizons which is frequently as of lately. new leaf was my first animal crossing game so it’s nostalgic to me.

Last edited:
I've been missing it ever since I started NH. I'm too drawn in by the good customization and pretty graphics of NH, as well as the capability to play on my monitor and the few improvements that NH did make to fully return to NL but I'm thinking about it more and more everyday. I play occasionally as-is but my old town is just too "complete" to make it fun. I have a second file I never really began, though. Reading through this thread and seeing that people do still stick with NL is really motivating me to boot it up!

Yeah i got really bored of new horizons and decided to pick up playing new leaf again. Even though I had finished most of the gameplay (fully completing main street, perfect town) I realized I never fully upgraded my house so I'm playing it on the daily now :)

Yess! I play new leaf every day. I'm still a bit of a new animal Crossing player, but that's okay- ^^

i play new leaf close to every day :)
i still like new horizons, but i don't get to customize as much as i can in new leaf because i share an island with my siblings lol
i think, if i could customize more, than it would be nice, but it all seems too overwhelming.

yes yes I still do. Actually I need to complete my last 3 towns already.
Post automatically merged:

i play new leaf close to every day :)
i still like new horizons, but i don't get to customize as much as i can in new leaf because i share an island with my siblings lol
i think, if i could customize more, than it would be nice, but it all seems too overwhelming.
I'm scared to share my island with my brother because he might do something bad to it

Yes I still do. NL will forever be the best AC game of all time. I gotta check on the game sometimes especially when owning 6 towns its a bit much to handle but it was fun creating them.
Post automatically merged:

yes yes I still do. Actually I need to complete my last 3 towns already.
oops i didn't know i already replied here. Didn't catch the icon on the thread telling me i did.

I had 900+ hours, but as soon as nh came out my 3ds went in a draw, its a shame when they stop updating games

I personally want to, but my 3ds is dead and i cant find the charger. When i find it ill start posting here about some visitors!

yes! i've been revisiting it in recent years. i still think it's probably the best game of the franchise.

New Leaf is, and is prob going to be the most delightful Animal Crossing game of the franchise. (at least to me) I've played New Horizons for a month and never touched on it again, but i keep coming back to New Leaf everytime.

nope. i found my 3DS in april, hit up my island and from the looks of things i had reset it (not much was occurring in terms of decoration with flowers or public works projects). i had no motivation to start playing, and thus sold my 3DS. it was a groovy early teenage/childhood time i guess but i didn't have the energy to basically start all over new-leaf wise

I tried to pick it up again like two or three months back, started a new town and everything, but after a couple weeks I just couldn't keep committing to playing daily anymore (it was becoming a chore more than relaxing), and well, they punish you for that so it became more anxiety ridden to pop open the game and check in. I would love to play it more but having to do the daily walk around to find and talk to everyone just really took up all the time I'd have to play.

Also, oof, the old inv space limit, I could hardly get my mail because it was full of items, and my inv was full too, and my storage is already maxed and I didn't want to go through the effort of deep cleaning without having a picture guide (like all the furniture just shows as a leaf, all the clothes are just the striped shirt in storage so you had to pull things out and place them to see what they looked like...)

I've had my NL town since release in 2013 so there's not a lot left to do but sometimes I log in for nostalgia or to play on Tortimer Island, or even just to listen to the music, but it's pretty rare these days since I'm so invested in my NH town. I actually think I play WW more than NL because I'm less worried about villagers moving out and flowers getting ruined, but NL is still very dear to my heart.

Back