• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Is my 3DS game console dying?

Candy83

Óhana — Representative
Bells
Switch
5384-7037-2615
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Gold Super Mailbox
The first of my two 3DS game consoles won't turn off.

I was playing earlier today. And when I went to turn it off, it wouldn't. (It still hasn't.) It was doing an update and it froze.

I don't have a cartridge in there. The copy which was in there at the 3DS game console is for a town that I use loosely and not actively. (It is not any of the towns listed in my signature.)

I am thinking this situation may be like ones I have had with an iPod. That I won't have the 3DS game console plugged in for electricity; and that I should let the battery run down. And then plug it for several hours to refreshen it like new. But, I don't know if I'm handling this in a way people would advise.

Has anyone ever experienced this? (If so?what would you tell me?)

I'd say to let it manually run out of charge. Then, I would charge it and check. Otherwise, you should troubleshoot with Nintendo. What model do you have?

I'd say to let it manually run out of charge. Then, I would charge it and check. Otherwise, you should troubleshoot with Nintendo. What model do you have?

It's the ? Nintendo 3DS XL.

Colors: Red/Black.

Copyright date: 2012. Bought in August 2013.

I won't bother with the serial number.

Right, you should have your 2 years warranty with Nintendo still, if it doesn't work, give them a call :)

I had my New 3DS XL for about a month when a horrible drop cracked the screen. Someone suggested a really pro repair place in town... and they fried my micro SD card. Then I went through Nintendo to replace the screen....and...perfection.

Call/contact Nintendo. the drop wasn't covered under warranty but having them do it right - the whole process with Nintendo was flawless. Hope it all works out!

UPDATE:

Yesterday, I let the 3DS XL game console go down to the point that no light was left on. So, I plugged it in and it is back to running.

I am about to insert the game cartridge for the town that is not an actively played on. (I'm loose with it. And I have to try with one of my four cartridges.)

Thanks to everyone!

It's back to working now. I put in the cartridge (of which I had mentioned), and it's functioning normally. This was interesting.

Last edited:
If it breaks again, remember that Nintendo will always fix Nintendo stuff so long as you pay the shipping fee. I've sent in an SNES, a GameCube, a Wii (twice), two GBAs, a DS Lite, a 3DS and seven (SEVEN!) Wii remotes.

I've only paid a hundred bucks for all of that, and that was entirely for shipping.

Back