Is my 3DS game console dying?

Candy83

Óhana — Representative
Bells
Switch
5384-7037-2615
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Gold Super Mailbox
The first of my two 3DS game consoles won't turn off.

I was playing earlier today. And when I went to turn it off, it wouldn't. (It still hasn't.) It was doing an update and it froze.

I don't have a cartridge in there. The copy which was in there at the 3DS game console is for a town that I use loosely and not actively. (It is not any of the towns listed in my signature.)

I am thinking this situation may be like ones I have had with an iPod. That I won't have the 3DS game console plugged in for electricity; and that I should let the battery run down. And then plug it for several hours to refreshen it like new. But, I don't know if I'm handling this in a way people would advise.

Has anyone ever experienced this? (If so?what would you tell me?)

I'd say to let it manually run out of charge. Then, I would charge it and check. Otherwise, you should troubleshoot with Nintendo. What model do you have?

I'd say to let it manually run out of charge. Then, I would charge it and check. Otherwise, you should troubleshoot with Nintendo. What model do you have?

It's the ? Nintendo 3DS XL.

Colors: Red/Black.

Copyright date: 2012. Bought in August 2013.

I won't bother with the serial number.

Right, you should have your 2 years warranty with Nintendo still, if it doesn't work, give them a call :)

I had my New 3DS XL for about a month when a horrible drop cracked the screen. Someone suggested a really pro repair place in town... and they fried my micro SD card. Then I went through Nintendo to replace the screen....and...perfection.

Call/contact Nintendo. the drop wasn't covered under warranty but having them do it right - the whole process with Nintendo was flawless. Hope it all works out!

UPDATE:

Yesterday, I let the 3DS XL game console go down to the point that no light was left on. So, I plugged it in and it is back to running.

I am about to insert the game cartridge for the town that is not an actively played on. (I'm loose with it. And I have to try with one of my four cartridges.)

Thanks to everyone!

It's back to working now. I put in the cartridge (of which I had mentioned), and it's functioning normally. This was interesting.

Last edited:
If it breaks again, remember that Nintendo will always fix Nintendo stuff so long as you pay the shipping fee. I've sent in an SNES, a GameCube, a Wii (twice), two GBAs, a DS Lite, a 3DS and seven (SEVEN!) Wii remotes.

I've only paid a hundred bucks for all of that, and that was entirely for shipping.

Back