• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Is ACC 2 Worth It?

DJ-Mika

Chief is best boy🐺✨
Bells
Switch
0718-2033-2814
Red Holiday Candle
Hot Cocoa
Gingerbread Man
Red Holiday Candle
Tasty Cake
Pavé Pink Feather
Pavé Tail Feather
Pink Love Potion
Pink Love Potion
October Birthstone (Opal)
(Sorry if this has been asked before, I scrolled for quite a bit and couldn't find any threads about it 😅)

So, Animal Crossing Community launched an updated version somewhat recently, and I was wondering: is it worth it to make an account there now?
I hesitated before to make one mostly due to how dead the site was, but other things I saw ACC users talking about also worried me; like I've heard the Moderators there are very draconian and the rules are very strict.
I've also heard they can apparently access your DM's freely? The only reason that worries me is cause I buy/sell/trade the Amiibo cards and the thought that an anonymous 3rd party can view all my personal info that you'd need to exchange via DM's is troubling...

Is there anyone here that's an ACC veteran and can add their 2 cents?

As a staff over on ACC, my opinion may be biased so take it with a grain of salt. It's taken a while to get used to the new site, even though I had a chance to view it prior to its official launch. I like the new site but it's going to take a bit of time to gain new members. Some of the members that joined and left didn't get a chance to see the new site.

I've been on ACC since 2013 and I don't recall any interference from the mods regarding my DMs.I did get flagged for suggesting my player character ran around my town naked which is odd since most of the villagers don't wear pants.The main negative I see about signing up there is if they can get some more people to also join.ACC used to be just as busy as TBT but they lost a lot of people because they didn't spruce up the site to keep up with TBT and other gaming forums.I like what they've done with the place.It's a lot more usable and easier to navigate.

I still remember being scolded for discussing LGBT feelings. To be fair, that was back in 2003 or 2004. Much has changed in culture in the past twenty years, but I don't forget. I needed support and community desperately back then and instead I got shot down.

not an acc veteran but tbh i don’t think acc is worth using at all anymore. i have an account on there but i almost never use it because the site layout is way too disorganized IMO

acc 2 kind of made it worse (for me at least)

I'm not active at all in the community side of ACC and I'm still getting used to the new layout (I find it harder to navigate, more clicks required, and I tend to prefer old web design), but I love the way you can track all of your saves across the games (ACC 2 added support for ACNH as well) and the uploading features. I haven't used this aspect to interact with others, but I think you could find active users, and it seems like a convenient mechanic. I mainly joined for the legacy games a couple of years ago, though I don't know how prominent they still are in ACC 2.

Back