• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Is HHP worth getting?

ysmuii

Bells
Greetings all ~

I have been playing since release in 2020 and was wondering for a while if HHP is worth getting! All I know about it is decorating villagers homes in another type of island and as well as on your own island! Just wondering if it’s a good thing to invest in.

It depends. Do you like the designing aspect of the game? For me it does get stale after a couple houses so it's good to take breaks. The main reason why I played it was to get the unlockables lol. I do wish they'd have programmed decorating in your own island the same way they handle decorating in the DLC. It's just faster to lay out objects in the DLC.

It certainly opens up the decorating options on your island, if that's what you're into. I just hate that you have to slug through all 30+ houses to unlock them.

There's also the perk of buying 2.0 items more quickly.

Greetings all ~

I have been playing since release in 2020 and was wondering for a while if HHP is worth getting! All I know about it is decorating villagers homes in another type of island and as well as on your own island! Just wondering if it’s a good thing to invest in.
Hihi! I have a slot on my family plan p much going to waste for now! ; v ; I can add you onto it for a while so you can give it a try. Ofc it's only if you feel comfy giving me your email. ~ You can DM me if you're interested. <333

In my opinion, absolutely. Partition walls are great, the pillars are great, and I do like the soundscapes.

If you enjoy the interior designing aspect of the games then I feel it is absolutely worthwhile purchase. Myself, interior design is my favorite aspect of the Animal Crossing games; living amongst the cute animal villagers is cool, catching fish and insects is fun, and terraforming and decorating your island to really make it your own is great, but decorating the houses is what has always drawn me in the most.

The Happy Home Paradise DLC lets you not only design homes for the animals but also lets you design other things like a clothing shop, a school, a restaurant, and more! As you design more and more houses, the homes you are able to design become more and more complex. You start out designing small, one-room homes with the items they assign you and then things gradually grant more freedom; the room gets bigger, you get to use any items that you have in your catalogue if you so choose, and you can add on a second floor to design a whole additional room! You can make animals roommates if you want as well. Eventually you have the ability to design big 10x10 rooms which are bigger than the rooms in the player houses. You unlock functions like changing the color of the lighting and the ability to add partition walls and pillars to divide up rooms into sections and you can earn the ability to use these on your home island if you do a certain task for Nico, one of your coworkers.

Owning the DLC also makes acquiring the new furniture items they added alongside the DLC faster and easier. You kind of have to rely on the luck of the draw hoping to find that stuff via Nook's Cranny, whereas Wardell changes out his stock every day so it rotates stuff. You earn the ability to purchase some stuff by using them in room designs first. You earn a separate currency as reward for completing rooms called Poki, instead of bells, that you use for purchasing these items at the Happy Home Paradise. It's a good way to acquire expensive items without having to pay Timmy & Tommy a bunch of money.

All in all, yes, I recommend it.

Personally, I think it’s fun because you get to meet other villagers and are challenged with designing various themes of homes. You also get rewarded for completing milestones like 10 homes, 20 homes, etc. It’s almost like having another game within a game!

Get it. It's more than just decorating houses; there's the benefit of eventually being able to redesign your own villager's houses on your island, as well as being able to use additional interior items such as partition walls and counters. You can even invite and talk to special characters that don't make an appearance in NH, such as Digby and Gracie if you have their amiibo cards.

I even bought it twice - one for my main island on the OLED and another for my newer island on my old switch. As I have a physical copy of NH, I just share the cartridge between the two systems. Not sure how it is for the digital version, however.

Yes it is. If you want to expand your creativity and you want have an easy to way to unlock the items then yes HHP is worth it.

Back